CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I know its been a while fam, but only Halo 1 and Halo 5 have default maps that aren't absolute dogshit, and Halo 5 just barely so. All the jetpack circlejerking on Caged is no better or worse than getting intimate with the shield doors on Snowbound. Comparing the games at any level but the best settings possible is a fool's errand.

Unless of course you're afraid of comparing them at their best settings since Halo 3 won't come out on top. :kappa:

I think its also fair to compare each game's final standard MM product, post patch. Say for example Social Slayer vs Team Slayer or Ranked Team Slayer vs Super Slayer. Both games had their pluses and minuses, but I would argue H3 had the better map pool, especially when you consider how frequently bad maps like sword base were voted for in Reach.

Played some CE 2v2s last night. It was godly

2v2 CE, back in the day

Split screening with your partner, literally kills everything 343 has done.

The good ol' days have always been good.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think its also fair to compare each game's final standard MM product, post patch. Say for example Social Slayer vs Team Slayer or Ranked Team Slayer vs Super Slayer. Both games had their pluses and minuses, but I would argue H3 had the better map pool, especially when you consider how frequently bad maps like sword base were voted for in Reach.

remember the frustrating feeling when people were for some reason veto-ing Pit Brs and you got Snow Bound....

And you were like

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

still better than reach maps tho

• Upvote (+1) 3

remember the frustrating feeling when people were for some reason veto-ing Pit Brs and you got Snow Bound....

And you were like

nothing fueled me with more rage than having Pit BRs vetoed in favor or Snowbound or Isolation ARs 

• Upvote (+1) 3

And you were like

I'm not sure I was smiling when that happened.  You're a better man than I am.  

I was more like

200w.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yknow, a lot on this site would hate it but I really think a h3a would do really well. There isn't a single gamer I know that doesn't wish they could play the game again. Hopefully it's how h2a should of been, just a focused remaster of the one game. Keep thè shot leading and not have it be shit. It could be wonderful..

• Upvote (+1) 1

2v2 CE, back in the day

Beach LAN ruined all halo for me lmao

Yknow, a lot on this site would hate it but I really think a h3a would do really well. There isn't a single gamer I know that doesn't wish they could play the game again. Hopefully it's how h2a should of been, just a focused remaster of the one game. Keep thè shot leading and not have it be shit. It could be wonderful..

I wouldnt mind but give me a 4 v 4 CE playlist and a 8 v 8 CE big team playlist any day.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wouldnt mind but give me a 4 v 4 CE playlist and a 8 v 8 CE big team playlist any day.

Don't get me wrong, I love 2v2 and 4v4 in CE as much as anyone else.

But 8v8 CE is the stuff of magic.  

The pistol means you are never out of the game, even if they have you pinned with tanks.

Give me Sidewinder, Gulch, Timberland and Danger canyon on rotation and I'd never play anything else.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't get me wrong, I love 2v2 and 4v4 in CE as much as anyone else.

But 8v8 CE is the stuff of magic.  

The pistol means you are never out of the game, even if they have you pinned with tanks.

Give me Sidewinder, Gulch, Timberland and Danger canyon on rotation and I'd never play anything else.

Indeed it is.  *drifts off into a world of memories and nostalgia*

• Upvote (+1) 1

You do now.

Fuck bloodshots. Fuck random spread. Fuck long killtimes. Fuck sluggish strafing. Fuck shitty 2 base symmetric maps. Fuck aim acceleration. Fuck grenades getting caught on over-texturized surfaces. Fuck a melee system where the player that melees first still dies in a near simultaneous melee fight. And fuck all the crap MLG settings excluded- equipment, slow base player movement, AR's, etc...

Fuck halo 3.

We need a halo 3 anniversary to come in a polish all of those mistakes.

Then, we shall enjoy till the end.

If only 343 doesn't fuck us over

2v2 CE, back in the day

Did 2v2 lans 3 of the past 5 days. Glorious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You do now.

Fuck bloodshots. Fuck random spread. Fuck long killtimes. Fuck sluggish strafing. Fuck shitty 2 base symmetric maps. Fuck aim acceleration. Fuck grenades getting caught on over-texturized surfaces. Fuck a melee system where the player that melees first still dies in a near simultaneous melee fight. And fuck all the crap MLG settings excluded- equipment, slow base player movement, AR's, etc...

Fuck halo 3.

Yet, the game is still an absolute dream in comparison to Halo 4 and 5.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It doesn't matter how many hairs you need to split in order to determine which of the franchise's worst games are best- h3 and on is pure trash.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea bubble shields and health regen are not so dreamy to me.  I'd take H5 Evolved over H3 any day. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

None of those things are mistakes though- bungie wanted halo 3 to be a random game and designed it accordingly.

However, let's say h3a had no random spread and a 100% consistent netcode- would strafing be responsive? Would surfaces on maps no longer be over-texturized? Would the BR's kill time be faster than 1.5 seconds? Would the BR's effective range increase? Would grenade fuse times increase? Would the melee system reward the better player?

Halo 3 has serious design issues aside from the random BR spread and the frequency of bloodshot occurances. Fixing these design issues would yield a game having almost nothing in common with halo 3, which would be amazing.

Interesting

You've changed my mind now.

But, I can still see it as halo 3 being polished on the mistakes you pointed out, and people still think it's halo 3.

You do now.

Fuck halo 3.

d0Y8W.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5