CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Cause it's the best map in that game.

You dudes are tripping with this Standoff libel.

I'm sorry you'll never understand the concepts and methods that make a good map.  It sounds like you were robbed of that privilege and I feels for you. 

The things h3 kids say...

At least I'm not the only person ITT with a brain.

Ya'll are trippin'. Standoff was fun in 5v5+ games. No other map played like it. I thought it was cool that a map made the warthog actually really important/crucial, and forced players to find ways to counter it. And organized teams can make pushes with the right angles and a little teamshooting. That was one of my favorite maps in the game.

And High Ground 1 Flag was fucking awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Slayer, I could take it or leave it. It was okay. But 1 Flag on that map was one of the best gametypes in MM.

There you go, BtB settings with BRs and Standoff becomes somewhat playable.  But when you make it ranked 4v4 it becomes a nightmare.  Especially since the H3 BR is truly only accurate from about 5 feet away.  Do you kids really not remember that Bungie made the H3 BR inconsistent and unreliable solely in order to tighten the overall skill gap of the game?

BTB it works fine, 4vs4 id rather contemplate suicide.

Ditto sir.  Ditto.

The maps in Halo 3 are a million times better than the maps in Reach.

Honestly, they're about the same for me.  H3 is slightly better, but not by much.  It's most nostalgia factors that make people think H3 had the best maps.  The map blow, because the gameplay and mechanics on those two games blow.

The maps in Halo 3 are a million times better than the maps in Reach.

God I wish we could have Halo 3 Anniversary from Bungie. 6 years of nothing but garbage from 343 uhhhhhh.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Pit, Guardian, Narrows, Isolation, Epitaph, High Ground, and Last Resort all showed up in 4v4.

vs

Zealot, Countdown, Powerhouse, Boardwalk, Sword Base, and bad Forge remakes all showed up in 4v4.

I'd say H3's got it by a comfortable margin.  It only gets worse when you factor in DLC.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Pit, Guardian, Narrows, Isolation, Epitaph, High Ground, Last Resort, Zealot, Countdown, Powerhouse, Boardwalk, Sword Base

All of those maps are garbage. You'd need to split hairs in order to determine which of these maps are the best.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, Halo 3 vs Reach (whether it be maps or overall game design) is like Trump vs Hillary.

Both are just plain awful.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, Halo 3 vs Reach (whether it be maps or overall game design) is like Trump vs Hillary.

Funny, I love Halo 3 and Trump. Hillary is more like Halo 4, the worst ever. Obama is like MCC...everyone was hoping for great things, but all they got were broken promises and lies.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Funny, I love Halo 3 and Trump. Hillary is more like Halo 4, the worst ever. Obama is like MCC...everyone was hoping for great things, but all they got were broken promises and lies.

343 Industries is like the American electoral process. Every 4 years you're promised change, but every time you end up getting screwed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That is funny- you just admitted you're clueless when it comes both Halo AND politics.

Doesnt matter what politician you support they're all gonna lie to you eventually.

They seem to take a leaf out of Activisions book with awful games for CoD :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

All of those maps are garbage. You'd need to split hairs in order to determine which of these maps are the best.

That is funny- you just admitted you're clueless when it comes both Halo AND politics.

/thread

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why the hell does this game keep vibration on only for halo 3 when I have it turned off?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why the hell does this game keep vibration on only for halo 3 when I have it turned off?

IIRC, in settings you have to turn it on and save it, then go back in to turn it off and save again. Not positive though, cause it's been forever since I've even been on the game.

Gotta turn off impulse triggers.

@@Brad Pitt

Thanks man I tried that but it still was doing it. Then it randomly stopped halfway through the game

@@phil

I'll try that today thanks

Pit, Guardian, Narrows, Isolation, Epitaph, High Ground, and Last Resort all showed up in 4v4.

vs

Zealot, Countdown, Powerhouse, Boardwalk, Sword Base, and bad Forge remakes all showed up in 4v4.

I'd say H3's got it by a comfortable margin.  It only gets worse when you factor in DLC.

I know its been a while fam, but only Halo 1 and Halo 5 have default maps that aren't absolute dogshit, and Halo 5 just barely so. All the jetpack circlejerking on Caged is no better or worse than getting intimate with the shield doors on Snowbound. Comparing the games at any level but the best settings possible is a fool's errand.

Unless of course you're afraid of comparing them at their best settings since Halo 3 won't come out on top.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1