CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I have developed a deep hatred for Halo 3 because of MCC. Every single cross game playlist is Halo 3. It wins the vote 90% of the time at least. And to make it even worse, AR starts Halo 3 will quite often beat BR starts Halo 2 or Halo 1 magnum starts. And when you get a game filled with Halo 3 people, they either quit the build/game if Halo 3 doesn't win, or quit out half way through when they realize they're getting destroyed by someone with a BR and they only have a fuckin AR to defend themselves because they actually voted AR starts.

With all this time playing Halo 3 because it wins the vote so much, I realized how shit of a game it is. What's fun about putting 10 shots into someone further than close range and them living? The BR feels like a god damn nerf gun at anything further than close range. I can't believe I used to have fun playing Halo 3. I started Halo 2 and Halo 1 with MCC, and I can't understand how people think the gameplay is better than Halo 2 or 1.

The aiming feels like ass, everytime I turn it feels like there's motion blur, and the movement is straight ass. MLG settings are decent, but vanilla Halo 3 blows. I wish Halo 3 was segmented from the rest of MCC, and this is coming from an ex Halo 3 kid.

Has anyone played AR starts Black Out recently? The epitome of what's wrong with AR starts.

I couldn't have said this any better my friend.  100% concur with you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure if any one of us had a one on one conversation with Hardy Lebel or Alex Seriopian, they would comment on what a joke 343 is.  They could probably come up with a business strategy that would appease every consumer who's ever picked up a halo title in about 2 days time, and any future customer.  They would deliver a perfect port of all 4 halo games, and probably have halo 5 already bundled with the game without the need for a single patch in one years time.   That time includes forming their dev team.   Halo 5 would of course not be the bad game that it currently is.  They are just that much better that anyone who's ever had anything to do with producing a halo title, and for them to have access to all this new technology.... I can't even fathom how bad ass a game they could create.  Guys like Hardy and Alex, they must just laugh at the failures in their field that never came close to accomplishing what they and a few select others from the OG Bungie team did.  Hardy and Alex are in the same class as Shigeru Miyamoto.  The game they made 15 years ago (Halo CE) is worlds better than anything that has come out after it. Newer looking graphics mean shit when the game play is laughable.  If 343 wants to keep patting themselves on the back because sheep will buy any game that is new then it's a false sense of accomplishment and a coping mechanism to pretend that they aren't getting shit on by comments from random players of MCC on a daily basis.

To work and study that hard in the field of software development only to end up at 343 and know that your company is a joke... wow just wow.

As a community we really need to push Alex and Hardy to make a new shooter. This would be a dream come true.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If 343 wants to keep patting themselves on the back because sheep will buy any game that is new then it's a false sense of accomplishment and a coping mechanism to pretend that they aren't getting shit on by comments from random players of MCC on a daily basis.

To work and study that hard in the field of software development only to end up at 343 and know that your company is a joke... wow just wow.

As I've said before, Microsoft is the stereotype of American capitalism. It doesn't matter if what you're selling is quality, useful, or honest, as long as you turn a profit and don't go to jail, you've done your job right.

• Upvote (+1) 6

As I've said before, Microsoft is the stereotype of American capitalism. It doesn't matter if what you're selling is quality, useful, or honest, as long as you turn a profit and don't go to jail, you've done your job right.

True story my friend - and it rubs off on 343, the same mentality. 

They released a game THEY KNEW would not work (MCC)!!!  That still blows my mind and I will never understand.  They took millions of dollars from people through pre-orders all the while knowing that at release, no one would be able to actually play it.  Then they just drop support for the game and make all their employees sign NDAs.  

unbelieveable 

That's why you have to speak with your wallet and nor financially support the crap they're pumping out every year.  If people continue to pay for unfinished, unbalanced, unskillful content, then that's exactly what they are going to give you on a annual basis.  If you want Halo is be back or be great again, Halo needs to die.  It needs to start selling so poorly, that M$ gets rid of 343i and brings in a brand new team that has more experience and knows what they should do with Halo gameplay and mechanics.  It's the the ugly truth, but Halo is too popular for it's creators, developers, and publishers to see what a mess the series has become and how agregious they've treated the most loyal, dedicated fans.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

True story my friend - and it rubs off on 343, the same mentality. 

They released a game THEY KNEW would not work (MCC)!!!  That still blows my mind and I will never understand.  They took millions of dollars from people through pre-orders all the while knowing that at release, no one would be able to actually play it.  Then they just drop support for the game and make all their employees sign NDAs.  

unbelieveable 

Not only that, but many people bought the $400 console solely for MCC. For me, Halo has always been the reason for buying an Xbox. I bought the original Xbox for Halo 2, Xbox 360 for Halo 3, and Xbox One for MCC. I played the hell out of Halo 2 and Halo 3, but have barely put any time into MCC in comparison and probably will never play it again due to how broken it is.

• Upvote (+1) 7

unbelieveable

Believable.

That's why you have to speak with your wallet and nor financially support the crap they're pumping out every year.  If people continue to pay for unfinished, unbalanced, unskillful content, then that's exactly what they are going to give you on a annual basis.  If you want Halo is be back or be great again, Halo needs to die.  It needs to start selling so poorly, that M$ gets rid of 343i and brings in a brand new team that has more experience and knows what they should do with Halo gameplay and mechanics.  It's the the ugly truth, but Halo is too popular for it's creators, developers, and publishers to see what a mess the series has become and how agregious they've treated the most loyal, dedicated fans.

The problem is that thanks to expert damage control (mostly not saying anything) and a swarm of apologists, MCC was successfully buried, the fruits of which can be seen in Halo 5's profit margin.

People have been trained to accept less and rarely ask for more. You can see this all over today's gaming sphere - releasing broken games with missing features and microtransaction bloat is now industry standard practice.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not only that, but many people bought the $400 console solely for MCC. For me, Halo has always been the reason for buying an Xbox. I bought the original Xbox for Halo 2, Xbox 360 for Halo 3, and Xbox One for MCC. I played the hell out of Halo 2 and Halo 3, but have barely put any time into MCC in comparison and probably will never play it again due to how broken it is.

Believable.

The problem is that thanks to expert damage control (mostly not saying anything) and a swarm of apologists, MCC was successfully buried, the fruits of which can be seen in Halo 5's profit margin.

People have been trained to accept less and rarely ask for more. You can see this all over today's gaming sphere - releasing broken games with missing features and microtransaction bloat is now industry standard practice.

Preach my brothers!

• Upvote (+1) 1

A good first effort?  They literally were shown how to swing the bat in order to hit a homerun, said f that and went about with their own vision that they thought would bring Halo success.  The recipe was there, they chose different and it has continually showed throughout their entire time being at the helm with Halo. 

I'll stick up for H4 in a couple ways.  I thought the campaign was a worthy addition and a decent way to start a new trilogy (even though H5's story didn't follow up on it).  The other way is that after the Turbo update, the game was fun.  Obviously we all know how much the game sucked ass at launch, and how stupid "Infinity" anything was (or any number of other ideas Kevin Franklin's worthless ass came up with).  But the Turbo update around May or June 2013 got rid of almost all of that, rebalanced the weapons in a much better way, and cleaned up the gametypes and maps significantly.  Once that was stripped away, the game was a lot of fun (for me).  It had really tight controls and excellent aiming (which is baffling, seeing how they went from H4's smooth aiming to H5's disastrous aiming).

I just think what the game ended up being deserves a bit more credit. H4 gets judged like H2 if we ignored H2's life-saving patch.  My experience with the game is a little different then most's, I know.  I went to Basic Training in March of 2013, too soon for the novelty to have worn off for me yet.  And by the time I got out and was able to play again, the game was drastically improved.  So I didn't have those extra months to really get sick of the bullshit and quit playing that most people did.  Most of my experience with the game was during it's best parts, with proper gametypes/maps, CSR, playlists, and so on.

Fortunately for them, Kevin Franklin's new development studio exists and it's made up in large part of people whose most significant credentials are working on Reach-H5 multiplayer.  :walshy:

I've never wanted something to fail so badly in my life.  Kevin Franklin is a disease to any franchise he touches. Just ask the SOCOM community.  I blame him more than anyone for the stupid ideas that have been put into Halo.  He is responsible for Infinity Slayer and Warzone.  Need I say more?  I'm just glad he has his own studio so his bad ideas can be quarantined to their own IP instead of rotting another beloved franchise from the inside out.

Haven't played a game of H5 multiplayer since day three of the beta, never will. Game is trash

Try the Evolved settings.  You'll like it.  It's like classic Halo but a little faster.  No armor abilities or sprint but the base movement speed is sprint speed. The strafe is bonkers and the magnum is a 4sk.  The autos are nerfed too.  It's very fun and fast paced.  If you like older Halo's because they're simple but skillful, you'll like the Evolved settings. I think H5 on PC is free and you can play it in customs on there, with a controller no less. And I hear the aiming with a controller is better on PC than it is on console, weirdly.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've found that making my clan tag "H1 4 da boys" has resulted in the majority of my games being halo 1 in team slayer

• Upvote (+1) 2

Believable.

Yeah, i know exactly what you mean, its pretty common to play games with fundamental flaws these days.  I tried playing Elite dangerous for a while and gave up when i realised its almost impossible to actually form a wing with friends.

And how many 343 fanboys saying it isn't broken and how anything 343 touches turns into gold.

Halo 3 Standoff, why do you exist?

Because by 2007-2008 Bungie forgot how to make good maps anymore.  They were all out of ideas; you can see it in the DLC that came out for H3.  Hell, they couldn't even remake Lockout correctly, which was their own map to begin with.  If they couldn't even correctly structure a map redesign, how do you think their new "original" maps would turn out?

Whoever had the idea to make Standoff and include a Spartan Laser over a Sniper Rifle shouldn't have had their role in the sandbox creation department.

Halo 3 Standoff, why do you exist?

Cause it's the best map in that game.

You dudes are tripping with this Standoff libel.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cause it's the best map in that game.

You dudes are tripping with this Standoff libel.

Standoff and High Ground are the kinda maps id take ARs on somewhere else then even consider voting for BRs on them maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Standoff and High Ground are the kinda maps id take ARs on somewhere else then even consider voting for BRs on them maps.

Standoff is great for BTB though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya'll are trippin'. Standoff was fun in 5v5+ games. No other map played like it. I thought it was cool that a map made the warthog actually really important/crucial, and forced players to find ways to counter it. And organized teams can make pushes with the right angles and a little teamshooting. That was one of my favorite maps in the game.

And High Ground 1 Flag was fucking awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Slayer, I could take it or leave it. It was okay. But 1 Flag on that map was one of the best gametypes in MM.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I thought it was cool that a map made the warthog actually really important/crucial, and forced players to find ways to counter it. 

When it reality, it plays out like a scene from RvB..

Grif: What can I do, Sarge?

Sarge: I need you to run right at  THE ENEMY WARTHOG

Grif: And shank him with my USELESS AS ALL SHIT AR

Sarge: No. When he blows you up with the CHAINGUN, try to see if you can get your dismembered limbs and guts to clog the barrels of his CHAIN GUN

Grif: You're kidding.

Sarge: It's a remote chance, I know. But it's worth a shot.

Godawful on MCC and I don't remember it being much fun on ori-H3 unless you were a full team, and even then it sucked.

Avalanche >>>>> Standoff by a magnitude of 100's

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I fire up a game of MCC and chill out loads.  Spawn in rocket room and throw a single nade at double doors while I'm walking up ramp and throwing another nade at rox.  

I get a kill for it.

How is one so damn bad that they get killed at the start of the game from a single nade LOL?

Just when you think you've seen it all after 15 years.....

• Upvote (+1) 3