CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

With the CoD: MW remaster looking so beautiful and crisp, I am crossing my fingers that 343 delivers with a Halo 3 remake next year AND DOESN'T FUCK IT UP.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't feel like a 5gb update for halo 5 tonight so I thought I'd try out some MCC. Two games in and I've had absolute garbage connections and lag so bad i can't play. What the heck happened?

Sounds like the blind leading the blind.  The level of insecurity a h5/h6 programmer must have relative to the guys who programmed halo CE must be immeasurable...

Friction and creativity rely on each other to progress ideas. But the source of friction varies greatly between both groups. I think that much of Halo's friction - and to a larger extent - workplace friction now derives from feelings of occupational inequality rather than technical obstacles.

Microsoft is at the forefront of promoting gender/racial/bisexual/trisexual equality. Many of their promotions are based in politics. Even Nadella got hired for political reasons. Scott Guthrie is far more intelligent (read: qualified). But it was thought that Nadella's Indian origins would help Microsoft garner favor with India's growing market. It has not.

There's a point there somewhere, but the quality of Microsoft's products speak for themselves.

Friction and creativity rely on each other to progress ideas. But the source of friction varies greatly between both groups. I think that much of Halo's friction - and to a larger extent - workplace friction now derives from feelings of occupational inequality rather than technical obstacles.

Microsoft is at the forefront of promoting gender/racial/bisexual/trisexual equality. Many of their promotions are based in politics. Even Nadella got hired for political reasons. Scott Guthrie is far more intelligent (read: qualified). But it was thought that Nadella's Indian origins would help Microsoft garner favor with India's growing market. It has not.

There's a point there somewhere, but the quality of Microsoft's products speak for themselves.

This whole gender/racial/bisexual/trisexual equality simply amounts to the best person for the job not being hired.  I'm sure Tara, Zain, and Divya appreciate their father's inspiring stories about college life at University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, but they'd much rather have MCC not be a broken game.

Sounds like the blind leading the blind.  The level of insecurity a h5/h6 programmer must have relative to the guys who programmed halo CE must be immeasurable.  The fact that a game made 15 years ago on old ass technology is a better game than anything these current devs could ever possibly fathom of making sounds like a lack of innovative mindsets.  Then when they finally get the chance to port the game, they can't even do that right.  Then when the fans of the game make a website telling them what is wrong and what needs fixed, they still can't even manage to do that right.  

Microsoft makes money in spite of themselves, not because of themselves and this whole MCC fiasco is just one small example of it.

I wish they felt insecure in comparison to Halo 1, but in reality they probably don't pay any mind to it and never have. It most likely has not influenced their design at all, sadly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This whole gender/racial/bisexual/trisexual equality simply amounts to the best person for the job not being hired.

Are you suggesting any animal couldn't do the same job a person could? Just add bestial equality into the mix for the world's sheep lovers. Now how do we appease the plants?

343 have buried this franchise.  Halo is never coming back.  MCC is testament to this.

• Upvote (+1) 7

343 have buried this franchise.  Halo is never coming back.  MCC is testament to this.

Sadly, people will do the same thing they did with Halo 5.   Forget all about what 343 has done and blindly preorder the shit out of halo 6. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sadly, people will do the same thing they did with Halo 5.   Forget all about what 343 has done and blindly preorder the shit out of halo 6. 

You guys who consider a studio as some sentient entity do the whole group there a disservice. While the pace of gameplay, limited map selections/aesthetics, DLC/microtransactions, and other business decisions of Halo 4 and Halo 5 are repulsive; the actual coding is A OK on both original games.The programmers & artists are doing fine work but require direction from an individual who understands what their demographic wants out of the franchise.

As I've been stating for nearly two years, Microsoft needs to purge the entire administrative staff currently at their 343 Industries division. Namely, give the studio a new leader. And let him bring in a new administrative team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Like let's just talk about the fps lock, broken theater, and broken aiming to start.

And let's not forget about 343's terrible vehicle physics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys who consider a studio as some sentient entity do the whole group there a disservice. While the pace of gameplay, limited map selections/aesthetics, DLC/microtransactions, and other business decisions of Halo 4 and Halo 5 are repulsive; the actual coding is A OK on both original games.The programmers & artists are doing fine work but require direction from an individual who understands what their demographic wants out of the franchise.

As I've been stating for nearly two years, Microsoft needs to purge the entire administrative staff currently at their 343 Industries division. Namely, give the studio a new leader. And let him bring in a new administrative team.

I have been saying since Halo 4 that Halo needs to be put in the hands of a new developer. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let Josh Holmes show up though and dudes will lose their minds quoting him and repping everything he posts.

Sheep.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've only ever played Halo 5's multiplayer beta, but it performed a million times better than any part of MCC. Terrible art, sound, and gameplay design decisions, though. And looking at videos, it seems like not a heck of a lot was changed for the final release.

There's nothing impressive about any 343 games (excluding things Tom French made).

FTFY  :)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've only ever played Halo 5's multiplayer beta, but it performed a million times better than any part of MCC. Terrible art, sound, and gameplay design decisions, though. And looking at videos, it seems like not a heck of a lot was changed for the final release.

They've changed a lot of things. They've added like 100 REQ's. They're listening.