CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think you're slightly biased towards noticing issues in h1 compared to h2 or h3. I've been playing a lot of h2 on my original xbox and can tell you there is a night and day differencw between og h2 and mcc h2. Also, im on vacation and someone brought og h3, and there is even a huge difference there as well.

Like what kind of difference? I acknowledge I'm biased but I'm also not killing people much faster or longer than I should in the other games, nor is the sniper in h3 as easy as the h1. I also find the shotguns connect much more consistently than the h1 shotty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like what kind of difference? I acknowledge I'm biased but I'm also not killing people much faster or longer than I should in the other games, nor is the sniper in h3 as easy as the h1. I also find the shotguns connect much more consistently than the h1 shotty.

I think the biggest difference across all games between MCC and the OG versions is shot registration.  Even in H3 the shot reg is noticeably worse in MCC than on 360. That and population size :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Was Halo 2 melee registration always so bad that you couldn't ninja someone? I swear I would average 1 to 2 ninjas a game in Halo 2 if my melees didn't fizz out.

Was Halo 2 melee registration always so bad that you couldn't ninja someone? I swear I would average 1 to 2 ninjas a game in Halo 2 if my melees didn't fizz out.

h2 melee's were always pretty inconsistent, but it's much more noticeable on mcc.

Meele physics are almost entirely different. Shot registration is way more consistent. Also, the feel in general is just off, although im not sure how to quantify that. Not saying that you're wrong at all, but there are loads of differences in all the ports.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There seems to be a misunderstanding of the pecking order here boys.  First we need halo CE fixed, then we will worry about the games that were released after it.  

H3 kids were in diapers while h1 kids were mopping it up on XBC.  Just keep that in mind and know your history boyz!  First things first.

The player base that wants MCC fixed are not 12 year old h5 kids who's balls have yet to drop. The CE community is filled with adults that have a ceiling of influence that is higher than a giraffe's ass.  So high that it has yet to be defined, and global high level connections that can make things a living, breathing hell for a company like 343 if our needs are not met.  However, we have adult level responsibilities that we deal with on a continual basis, so things take time to implement.  We rely on game devs to do their jobs so that we don't have to do them for them, but that doesn't always work out.  Things will be made right.  The consequences are too high for them not to be made right.  Don't tell us that halo CE will be just as we remember it and expect us not to hold you accountable for your actions.  Hell hath no fury like a CE player scorned.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Maybe I'm just getting good connections on MCC or something. But CE is literally just fundamentally different regardless of connection. The aiming is much more forgiving and certain weapons are useless now, and these things affect the balance of the entire game and make it more conservative in nature. I just don't get the sense that the others are being played entirely different due to their inconsistency.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CrrYGTGUIAAIIkR.jpg

Is this real? Halo 3 with blur assets? Hmmmmmm.

This would be the last time that these fools ever got my money.

CrrYGTGUIAAIIkR.jpg

I'll just watch the cutscenes on youtube lmao. Same as I did with H5.

CrrYGTGUIAAIIkR.jpg

It's real but I wouldn't look too much into it. It's from Halo: Mythos and all the pages have unique artwork just for the book. 

Likely took Blur's assets and re-worked them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can anyone state just one improvement that 343 ever added to MCC with any of their updates? The huge update that made the game playable was done by an outsourced company. Maybe 343 were responsible for making H3 maps not crash during loading less often, but other than that I cannot think of anything else they did to improve the game. 343's updates seemingly have only made the game worse, most notably their update which makes the search re-start if someone dashboards during the voting process. That fuck up alone made me stop playing the game entirely.

Can anyone state just one improvement that 343 ever added to MCC with any of their updates? The huge update that made the game playable was done by an outsourced company. Maybe 343 were responsible for making H3 maps not crash during loading less often, but other than that I cannot think of anything else they did to improve the game. 343's updates seemingly have only made the game worse, most notably their update which makes the search re-start if someone dashboards during the voting process. That fuck up alone made me stop playing the game entirely.

They slightly lowered the menu music volume once and even changed the order of the playlists. Be grateful!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly think most of the 343 execs couldn't give two shits about halo, and they just got hired for political/business reasons. Such a shame.

Sums up Microsoft in general.

Windows 8 shit on the legacy of Windows.

Xbox One shit on the legacy of Xbox & the 360.

Halo MCC shit on the legacy of Bungie's Halos.

Windows Phone 8 shit on the legacy of Windows Phone 7 which itself had shat on the legacy of Windows Mobile 6.

Cortana shit on Clippy's legacy.

The company seems to be mismanaged at nearly every level. And when they do purges of senior people, those individuals had already promoted the other imbeciles whom then take the top tier positions. So it's all quite cyclical. A damn shame really.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Windows Phone 8 shit on the legacy of Windows Phone 7 which itself had shat on the legacy of Windows Mobile 6.

The company seems to be mismanaged at nearly every level. And when they do purges of senior people, those individuals had already promoted the other imbeciles whom then take the top tier positions. So it's all quite cyclical. A damn shame really.

Great signature. s0RR7UE.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Games/apps I've spent the far majority of my time on Xbox consoles -

Xbox - Halo 2

Xbox 360 - Halo 3, Halo Reach

Xbox One - Pandora

That's right, I've spent far and away more time on the Pandora music app than I have on MCC or H5. In fact, the time I've spent on H4, MCC, and H5 combined would not even be 1/10th of the time I spent on Halo 2, Halo, or Halo Reach, each individually.

Sounds like the blind leading the blind.  The level of insecurity a h5/h6 programmer must have relative to the guys who programmed halo CE must be immeasurable.  The fact that a game made 15 years ago on old ass technology is a better game than anything these current devs could ever possibly fathom of making sounds like a lack of innovative mindsets.  Then when they finally get the chance to port the game, they can't even do that right.  Then when the fans of the game make a website telling them what is wrong and what needs fixed, they still can't even manage to do that right.  

Microsoft makes money in spite of themselves, not because of themselves and this whole MCC fiasco is just one small example of it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

please people never buy a 343 made halo on launchday again or preorder

I don't plan on buying another 343-made Halo period.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Microsoft makes money in spite of themselves, not because of themselves and this whole MCC fiasco is just one small example of it.

Microsoft has a long history of overpromising, underdelivering, yet still coming out ahead via perfect damage control and monopolization. The definitive stereotype of American capitalism.

The ONE thing they ever did right was the original Xbox, which they killed early then replaced with defective hardware, which they have now replaced with defective software.

Glorious.