CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I LITERALLY CANT EVEN PLAY A NORMAL GAME OF HALO BECAUSE OF HOW BROKEN MCC IS WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THEM FIX THE GAME

I wouldn't be surprised if all copies of MCC have been removed from 343's offices, and new hires have a contract stipulation to never bring up the game during work hours.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It happened 4 times in a row last night, which made me turn the game off completely and leave the room in disgust.

Do you really want to play 4vs4 H1 against people that don't know what they are doing? Last time I played 4vs4 H1 in the Team Slayer playlist, my team won 42-0 on Rat Race because the other team didn't even know where power ups were, let alone the fact you could shoot them down.

H1 is the only Halo game I play, but even I avoid it in the Team Slayer playlist the few times a month I search it. I'd rather play a shit Halo game against people that know that game rather than a H1 blowout.

Do you really want to play 4vs4 H1 against people that don't know what they are doing? Last time I played 4vs4 H1 in the Team Slayer playlist, my team won 42-0 on Rat Race because the other team didn't even know where power ups were, let alone the fact you could shoot them down.

H1 is the only Halo game I play, but even I avoid it in the Team Slayer playlist the few times a month I search it. I'd rather play a shit Halo game against people that know that game rather than a H1 blowout.

Did they have "MEX" or "COL" in front of their names? 

Guys.... When ODST came to MCC, there was an achievement I unlocked but it was glitched so it said "Done! Unlocking...." I got that achievement the first week it was added and I just officially unlocked it today. This game is totally not broken.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Guys.... When ODST came to MCC, there was an achievement I unlocked but it was glitched so it said "Done! Unlocking...." I got that achievement the first week it was added and I just officially unlocked it today. This game is totally not broken.

Pretty sure that's an Xbox thing. That problem isn't exclusive to MCC

I wouldn't be surprised if all copies of MCC have been removed from 343's offices, and new hires have a contract stipulation to never bring up the game during work hours.

I guarantee 343 has already made all their employees sign NDA's stating they will not discuss anything in regards to MCC.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love CE more than most people but what evidence is there that the 4v4 list was popular?

What evidence is there to the contrary? 343's list? The same 343 with the infamous 11%?

All I can say is I played the hell out of that playlist and found matches quickly. Why remove it at all? People were playing in it... Is it because they can't code for shit and their list is limited to a certain number of selections? Or some high-level decision that decides that two CE playlists is too much?

The playlist model in MCC is absolute horseshit

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pretty sure that's an Xbox thing. That problem isn't exclusive to MCC

If that's the case, then it's strange how it took months while most other games would normally be 24-48 hours late. But I know what you're saying.

For the last week or so I haven't been able to get a match in the halo 1/2 playlist that isn't against a high ranked team.  I know you can match anything between a 1 and a 50, but it's crazy to me that I don't match anyone below 30 in halo 1 anymore, or below 40 in Halo 2.  Solo q against a full party of high ranks is bad enough, but it's wild to me that that's the only games I can get in those playlists. 

The playlist model in MCC is absolute horseshit

This so much. I have never seen such a terrible set of playlists I knew we were fucked the day the playlists were announced (1 week before launch).

This so much. I have never seen such a terrible set of playlists I knew we were fucked the day the playlists were announced (1 week before launch).

I was referring more to the playlist model than the playlist selections. Playlist selections can be corrected, but the playlist model can't be fixed by simply changing the selections. The model used in MCC could pass for a single title, but when you have 4 titles in a collection, that model should be reviewed and adapted. I'm not 100% sure how many playlists are in MCC, but I'll guess around 13. How many playlists were there in Halo 3? I'll guess probably around the same number.

So now you have the same amount of playlist selections for one game as for a collection of 4 games.

They may have taken the "just as you remember it" a little too far in this case.

It 343 wants to fix this game they should start with the following:

1.Well placed dedicated servers for CE in North America
2. Option to have search radius limited to 500 miles for CE for anyone who plays globally so that no player ever gets matched up with someone further than 500 miles.

East coast USA didn't play on west coast hosts back in the day on XBC so why the fuck would we want to now on MCC, much less across the world?

This would bring enough people back to the game to justify fixing the rest of it for other halos and other countries. I realize some Colombian may be upset because now he can no longer waste the time of the North American player base by pulling host and causing the game to be laggy as hell, but that sounds like a personal problem that the people who made this game into what it is today (OG Halo CE NSTC on Xbox LAN players) give a damn about tbh LOL.

We want this game to play as smooth as possible, and have no interest playing on someone's overseas host resulting in play mechanics that aren't realistic in comparison to OG LAN. Let's fix what makes the most sense first, and worry about the rest after. It makes zero sense to bite the hand that fed this franchise enabling h2-h5 to even exist in the first place. Chaostheory and those that contributed to halobugs.com have already done most of the work for them!!  It's sad that these 2 fixes STILL have yet to be implemented to take care of the fanbase that enabled 343 to exist in the first place. No OG Xbox CE players taking the game to the level that they did from 01-04, no halo 2 or anything after it. 

/RANT

It 343 wants to fix this game they should start with the following:

1.Well placed dedicated servers for CE in North America

2. Option to have search radius limited to 500 miles for CE for anyone who plays globally so that no player ever gets matched up with someone further than 500 miles.

East coast USA didn't play on west coast hosts back in the day on XBC so why the fuck would we want to now on MCC, much less across the world?

This would bring enough people back to the game to justify fixing the rest of it for other halos and other countries. I realize some Colombian may be upset because now he can no longer waste the time of the North American player base by pulling host and causing the game to be laggy as hell, but that sounds like a personal problem that the people who made this game into what it is today (OG Halo CE NSTC on Xbox LAN players) give a damn about tbh LOL.

We want this game to play as smooth as possible, and have no interest playing on someone's overseas host resulting in play mechanics that aren't realistic in comparison to OG LAN. Let's fix what makes the most sense first, and worry about the rest after. It makes zero sense to bite the hand that fed this franchise enabling h2-h5 to even exist in the first place. Chaostheory and those that contributed to halobugs.com have already done most of the work for them!!  It's sad that these 2 fixes STILL have yet to be implemented to take care of the fanbase that enabled 343 to exist in the first place. No OG Xbox CE players taking the game to the level that they did from 01-04, no halo 2 or anything after it. 

/RANT

Sounds like a heavily biased and unrealistic fix.

Everyone knows the game doesn't function well across all the individual games. Been a long time since an update has happened to the MCC. It seems to be a pipe dream at the point to want a fix for the entire collection, let alone one of the lesser populated games in it.

Sounds like a heavily biased and unrealistic fix.

Everyone knows the game doesn't function well across all the individual games. Been a long time since an update has happened to the MCC. It seems to be a pipe dream at the point to want a fix for the entire collection, let alone one of the lesser populated games in it.

For 343, it is an unrealistic fix. Expecting 343 to be able to fix anything in MCC is unrealistic because not only do they lack the technical skill to do so, but they also do not care. The one big update which fixed a number of issues was done by an outsourced company. Since that big update, 343 has only made the game worse with their own updates. As far as I know, 343 themselves have not improved the game in any way with their own updates to MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tbh the other games function pretty close to how I remember them. CE is the only one where I see skipping often, the utility weapon behaves completely differently from og, and the sniper is overpowered while the shotgun and especially plasma rifle are very underpowered.

H2 has fairly consistent crazy magnetism like it always did and h3 is a little inconsistent but so was the original game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tbh the other games function pretty close to how I remember them. CE is the only one where I see skipping often, the utility weapon behaves completely differently from og, and the sniper is overpowered while the shotgun and especially plasma rifle are very underpowered.

H2 has fairly consistent crazy magnetism like it always did and h3 is a little inconsistent but so was the original game.

None of the original trilogy is close to the OG versions.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Its been exactly 1 year since the last CU ( 2nd or 3rd week of September, right before the release of H5). I really dont see any more coming. So sad...

• Upvote (+1) 2

With how long it's been they could have re made this game and did it properly.

LOL

Post of the day right here boys!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you're slightly biased towards noticing issues in h1 compared to h2 or h3. I've been playing a lot of h2 on my original xbox and can tell you there is a night and day differencw between og h2 and mcc h2. Also, im on vacation and someone brought og h3, and there is even a huge difference there as well.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Is this hinting at mcc for pc? i hope so they port it over release a huge patch to fix it for xbox and PC.

sSwS0TA.png