CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I just got into a Team Hardcore game and it was Halo 2. I was in shock. This is amazing. I look at the ranks. A 43, a 27 and a couple of other guys in the 20's against me and.......three Rank 1's. They of course danced the entire game with their guns pointed to the sky. I got to play a legit 1v4.

Love it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just got into a Team Hardcore game and it was Halo 2. I was in shock. This is amazing. I look at the ranks. A 43, a 27 and a couple of other guys in the 20's against me and.......three Rank 1's. They of course danced the entire game with their guns pointed to the sky. I got to play a legit 1v4.

Love it.

Dog.... I played those same kids three times. They're cheating. They're backing out unless they match those kids, and then they hit me offline... FOR THREE HOURS. I'm just now getting my internet back.

My fault though, I should know better, I've been playing Halo for too long. I started betraying the kids running in circles and kept killing the cheating kids. I should have just quit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trying to teach my gf to play Halo. Picked up the MCC and started with the CE campaign. On Truth and Reconciliation. So entertaining to watch her play. She looks down at an angle the entire time and just runs into the enemy shooting non-stop. She loves the Plasma Pistol hahaha. Anyone else try to teach their significant other to game or play Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dog.... I played those same kids three times. They're cheating. They're backing out unless they match those kids, and then they hit me offline... FOR THREE HOURS. I'm just now getting my internet back.

My fault though, I should know better, I've been playing Halo for too long. I started betraying the kids running in circles and kept killing the cheating kids. I should have just quit.

Why doesn't it shock me that people are cheating in MCC. Amazing

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am not a grifball fan personally but i think it is hilarious that foundry was broken and they have yet to put it back in the playlist. I have pretty much given up on Halo they have tainted my memories of the old halo games, Now i can't remember why i loved halo so much thanks 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trying to teach my gf to play Halo. Picked up the MCC and started with the CE campaign. On Truth and Reconciliation. So entertaining to watch her play. She looks down at an angle the entire time and just runs into the enemy shooting non-stop. She loves the Plasma Pistol hahaha. Anyone else try to teach their significant other to game or play Halo?

Yup. Lots of bumping into everything and accidental nading of me. Managed to get the wife through the first level of H2 without her dying too much. Felt better than any official achievement the game gives you. Bless her but thumbsticks just ain't her thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

split screen

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yup. Lots of bumping into everything and accidental nading of me. Managed to get the wife through the first level of H2 without her dying too much. Felt better than any official achievement the game gives you. Bless her but thumbsticks just ain't her thing.

When we play through the campaign, she'll kill maybe 3 to 4 grunts and MAYBE an elite. I kill literally everything else! When I die, I have to try to guide her to safety so I can respawn back to kill everything some more. Probably the most fun I've had playing the campaigns in quite a long time! Black Ops 3 was her first game, unfortunately. ADS definitely isn't her thing, haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When we play through the campaign, she'll kill maybe 3 to 4 grunts and MAYBE an elite. I kill literally everything else! When I die, I have to try to guide her to safety so I can respawn back to kill everything some more. Probably the most fun I've had playing the campaigns in quite a long time! Black Ops 3 was her first game, unfortunately. ADS definitely isn't her thing, haha.

Sounds familiar.. for me it was  "is that the one I have to shoot?"   Everytime we came across a pack of new enemies. 

She's better geared on me on D3, has way more cards of Hearthstone but FPS is just alien to her.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My ex was pretty proficient at halo, but her real forte was Gears. I could beat her pretty easily in Halo and she could beat me pretty easily in gears. So it worked out pretty well. 

I did try to teach my dad to play CE was I was a kid though, that was complicated haha. He never got the whole running and shooting at the same time thing down very well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone play this game with a party still? Recently tried with a few buds. We got through 2 games before party chat blew up and stopped allowing us to communicate. Had to hard reboot my XBONE. It's only ever happened when we play MCC

Does anyone play this game with a party still? Recently tried with a few buds. We got through 2 games before party chat blew up and stopped allowing us to communicate. Had to hard reboot my XBONE. It's only ever happened when we play MCC

Highly doubt it had anything to do with mcc as it's a separate app. Xbone just sucks ass.

Highly doubt it had anything to do with mcc as it's a separate app. Xbone just sucks ass.

mcc is the only game I've played where all audio will cut out while in a party chat after the match ends. not sure if there's a correlation but it seems fishy and I always have to restart my controller when it happens

mcc is the only game I've played where all audio will cut out while in a party chat after the match ends. not sure if there's a correlation but it seems fishy and I always have to restart my controller when it happens

Yeah, you mean the infamous and loud *DRDRDRDRDRDRDR* noise in your mic that cuts out all the audio after the match ends? Yeah that happens to me literally every single match, it's so god damn annoying lol. This started happening for me after the second patch of MCC (so... Week 3 of MCC I think?).

If you're near a PC and you are just playing casually (not using your headset to listen for all noises) you can use the XBox app on the computer. I've never had any issues in party chat with that.

If you're near a PC and you are just playing casually (not using your headset to listen for all noises) you can use the XBox app on the computer. I've never had any issues in party chat with that.

Or if you can hook up your Astros to your PC and Xbox, you can do this and get both game/party in your headset. 

I stopped using party chat on the console a long while ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Only has ever happened when I we play MCC. No real other issues with it.  :thinking:

It's the least of my MCC problems at this point anyway, I guess.

Yeah, you mean the infamous and loud *DRDRDRDRDRDRDR* noise in your mic that cuts out all the audio after the match ends? Yeah that happens to me literally every single match, it's so god damn annoying lol. This started happening for me after the second patch of MCC (so... Week 3 of MCC I think?).

not necessarily that problem, though I know what you're talking about. the issue I run into is everything just goes silent when the post game scores come up and it usually takes me a few moments to even realize it since there isn't much sound going on when searching for games

Happens to me after maybe 1 out of every 4 games.  Usually unplugging my mic and plugging it back in will fix it for me.  Only ever happens on mcc.  I'm fine using party chat for any other game, but for mcc I just get on discord.  

It happens to my astros in H5 or MCC. Every once in awhile I will have to reset them in order to hear people or for people to hear me.

It honestly wouldn't shock me if they were remaking Haven for H5, so Ghost is playing it to make sure it feels the same or something. It is the only launch H4 map that was any good. 

Not trying to brag, but I totally called the fact that they were remaking haven.  (I meant to post this in the H5 thread, apologies for the kinda double post)

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have the same problems @@-DeucEy- has with the awful noise. After X amount of games, going to average it at 10 it makes this noise a lot louder than usual and freezes my app. I can restart the game but I have to literally hard reset my xbox in order to hear anyone in party again. This has happened 3 times in the past few days, each time I've tried restarting my mix amp, double checked all the wires, restarted the game and party numerous times and even turned my xbox off and on and it did not fix the issues. The very first night when it happened it took a long time to figure out what to do, especially since I did everything I mentioned, then hard reset the box and it still didn't work. I had to hard reset it twice for some reason.

At least I know I'm not a lone. My friends don't have this problem either.