CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Come to stunt_man's LAN dangit

Or mine near Kingston (we're gonna start having regular ones I hope)

Kingston, WA?

I can't get a game since 7 AM (Eastern). Is the game this dead in the mornings?

How many of you all are still *trying to* play this title? I would have expected this thread to be dead by now.

I get on and get disappointed once a weekend. The worst part is that the games such a mess I put way less effort in now. I'm definitely not gripping the controller super hard trying to get a really good strafe, not avoiding chasing kills, or evem thinking about plays anymore. Nothing in this game is of any consequence none of it matters

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would have expected this thread to be dead by now.

Yeah. But Microsoft didn't can any of the employees responsible for the shameful clusterfuck.

Keeping this thread active helps to remind anyone who would just as soon forget.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah. But Microsoft didn't can any of the employees responsible for the shameful clusterfuck.

Keeping this thread active helps to remind anyone who would just as soon forget.

I see.. I see..

So sad.

In case you are like me and have Beach Lan withdrawals,@@stunt_man is lanning NHE with people including @vinny mendoza

twitch.tv/stunt_man_gmyf

Enjoy

• Upvote (+1) 4

How many of you all are still *trying to* play this title? I would have expected this thread to be dead by now.

I still play because I enjoy the very rare good game of h1/h2 on mcc more than pretty much any other game.  It's a burden.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Me, because there's really nothing else at this point. I'm not a fan of H5, BO3 is trash, R6 Siege is fun but doesn't hold my interest, and I've already played too much BF4. MCC is a joke, but at least CE and H2 are fun when I manage to get CE or H2. The amount I play will take a serious drop this fall once BF1 and CoD4 launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Me, because there's really nothing else at this point. I'm not a fan of H5, BO3 is trash, R6 Siege is fun but doesn't hold my interest, and I've already played too much BF4. MCC is a joke, but at least CE and H2 are fun when I manage to get CE or H2. The amount I play will take a serious drop this fall once BF1 and CoD4 launch.

Have you tried h5 evolved settings? Still not as good as CE but fun.

Have you tried h5 evolved settings? Still not as good as CE but fun.

It's been months since H5 has been in my disc trey. 

I see.. I see..

So sad.

Sad? No. Stupid? On so many levels.

If a company condones such a massive failure from their employees, they're no longer reputable.

Microsoft lost a mammoth's weight in credibility. And for what? A tiny notch of profit margins for the quarter.

That is what some academics call organizational incompetence. Unfortunately, it seems to be something of a national endemic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sad? No. Stupid? On so many levels.

If a company condones such a massive failure from their employees, they're no longer reputable.

Microsoft lost a mammoth's weight in credibility. And for what? A tiny notch of profit margins for the quarter.

That is what some academics call organizational incompetence. Unfortunately, it seems to be something of a national endemic.

It's a case of them making money in spite of themselves, and not because of themselves.    A company like 343 has the luxury of making a product that is designed to cater to a consumer base who's spending decision is a matter of $50. $50 is nothing per consumer. It's not like the purchase of say a car.  For $50, you can put shit in a box, slap a halo label on it and when the consumer opens it up and sees the shit, they will just chalk it up as $50 lost, and just buy a different game.  The workers who fucked up?  A slap on the wrist, after all, the money has already changed hands.  The world is filled with people who are stupid and made improper decisions.  Look at blockbuster.  They sat there like novices while Netflix and Redbox came in and took an idea that was good and expanded upon it.  Instead of being innovative and thinking about what the competition is doing and staying ahead of it, they did nothing.  Now where are they?  Looking like morons while RedBox and Netflix continue to thrive.

Look at how much money Microsoft has lost because of COD.  They had the marketing power of HALO on one of their products, a name 2nd only to Mario and Zelda and what did they do?  Allowed COD to take profits away from them.  It won't be long now before another company comes up with a better product, and 343 fades away just like all the others that failed.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's a case of them making money in spite of themselves, and not because of themselves. danA company like 343...

Let me just stop you there. 343 isn't an independent company. The studio is a division of Microsoft.

Their unpunished actions and açcepted incompetence have caused a decline in credibility across other divisions at Microsoft.

That is the point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let me just stop you there. 343 isn't an independent company. The studio is a division of Microsoft.

Their unpunished actions and açcepted incompetence have caused a decline in credibility across other divisions at Microsoft.

That is the point.

Maybe Microsoft game studios as a whole, but I doubt other MS products i.e. windows OS sales suffered because of the MCC. Yeah it's pathetic for a company like Microsoft to let something as terrible as the MCC happen, but it doesn't hurt Microsoft as a whole too much. The Halo franchise may be a joke now, but keep in mind that Microsoft is huuuuuge. They will live no matter how many times 343 fucks up.

Maybe Microsoft game studios as a whole, but I doubt other MS products i.e. windows OS sales suffered because of the MCC. Yeah it's pathetic for a company like Microsoft to let something as terrible as the MCC happen, but it doesn't hurt Microsoft as a whole too much. The Halo franchise may be a joke now, but keep in mind that Microsoft is huuuuuge. They will live no matter how many times 343 fucks up.

But you see, if they show that attitude towards one division, then every division messes up.

1. No one is concerned of consequences if they push out shitty product.

2. Cascading effect

3. Shitty products

The Cortana AI would be helped by a new name. Not harmed.

Spartan would have been such bad ass name for their new browser. Instead... Edge.

The Xbox brand is tainted.

Azure services are tainted by "dedicated server" failures.

The best part is that they still put the people responsible for the MCCshit show out in public events - as representatives of the company.

It instills zero faith in the Microsoft's ability to make intelligent decisions, products, or personnel choices.

but I doubt other MS products i.e. windows OS sales suffered because of the MCC. 

Well, if its any consolation, MS struggled to sell its new OS when the OS itself was "free". 

MS makes billions from corporate OS software sales. And businesses don't give a fuck about Xbox. Xbox is a side project they hope gets big as the gaming market grows.

Well, if its any consolation, MS struggled to sell its new OS when the OS itself was "free". 

That was 99% Windows 8 sucking and the rumors about Win 10 being a "privacy nightmare".

That was 99% Windows 8 sucking

Well, that's sort of the consolation. Windows 8 sucked to the point people no longer trusted the brand, and MCC mirrors that well, even beyond the Halo community to the industry as a whole.

and the rumors about Win 10 being a "privacy nightmare".

Although I agree that people are a little too quick to put on their tin foil hats, MS needs to learn how to PR effectively to quell that kind of shit, and you think that the people behind "the Kinect is always listening" fiasco would know that most of all. Adding an obscure "don't send my shit" button to some obscure settings page would have satisfied the people who legitimately care about their privacy and protecting their software, while never exciting the people who get spooked by an OS, and then post about it using a web browser with every kind of telemetry still enabled.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It sits in second in the as the most used OS, it sits behind Win7 at around 15% in difference. It had 75 million downloads in the first month compared to Win8 which sold 100 million in the first six months. I don't think its doing too shabby.