CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't think Moa is playing devil's advocate, he's saying why 343/MS doesn't care. They have no integrity. They only care about short term cash flow.

Pretty much. Fixing MCC would bring some people back and of course it would let people play the old games, but would it produce a shit ton of cash compared to just making Halo 6/next Halo?

Pretty much. Fixing MCC would bring some people back and of course it would let people play the old games, but would it produce a shit ton of cash compared to just making Halo 6/next Halo?

I feel like there is a large, unrepresented group of Halo players that hate 343 for MCC. They don't shit post, they don't complain, they simply just moved on and you don't know they exist. I know I often find quite a few of these people around a Halo crowd. They are just very nonchalant about it.

I think 343 is just banking on MCC not affecting them in the long run. Just because they think this doesn't mean its right either. Businesses make fatal flaws everyday.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Totally, but why bother fixing it when no more revenue is going to come from it?

Not trying to be a shill or anything but that's their stance, I guess.

I totally get the business side of it. People paid for the game tho. That should be enough to go back and fix it.

this industry has no ethics anymore

• Upvote (+1) 5

I totally get the business side of it. People paid for the game tho. That should be enough to go back and fix it.

dank teaTy

yeah it's just greed at this point

• Upvote (+1) 3

This fucking industry need a another video game crash. jesus

• Upvote (+1) 5

This fucking industry need a another video game crash. jesus

One day they will find a mass burial site in the desert filled with copies of MCC. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just wish Bungie still made Halo. Back in like 2008-2009 during the H3 glory days is when one of my friends told me that Bungie was only making one more Halo game. I didn't believe it at first, at least I didn't want to believe it. I just couldn't believe Bungie would want to give up this amazing franchise when there was so much potential and so much more money that could have been made. When I realized that this was true, I knew it was over, I knew this was it. I wanted to believe that another company could replicate Bungie's magic, but in my heart of hearts I knew there was no way anybody else would be able to match Bungie's richness, technical quality, and passion. And just to think back in 2005, watching people play Halo 2 on cable TV, I thought this was just the beginning and that Halo would just get bigger and better. I thought, man, they are just going to keep refining this thing with better & better graphics and physics, more amazing maps, and more richness all around. Now here we are ten years later in 2016 and things couldn't be any worse for Halo. This franchise has been ran into the ground and just don't see a recovery possible unless the franchise goes back to Bungie and they make an original formula Halo game, with no gimmicks or bullshit. It's just hard to imagine how this happened, all the potential in the world just wasted away.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Three games in a row H2 gets chosen in Hardcore. First game doesn't start, someone quit the build. Next time it gets chosen, someone quits less than a minute in. Third time, I've got a quitter and a betrayer on my team. And a guy who got a goose egg.

Thankfully my rank goes down because of it. I mean why shouldn't it?

But ranks don't matter since I match up with a 40 and a 1 in the same game. So I suppose it is meaningless.

EDIT: Four games in a row. And of course I get betrayers on my team. Again. And 0-11. That's just awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Three games in a row H2 gets chosen in Hardcore. First game doesn't start, someone quit the build. Next time it gets chosen, someone quits less than a minute in. Third time, I've got a quitter and a betrayer on my team. And a guy who got a goose egg.

Thankfully my rank goes down because of it. I mean why shouldn't it?

But ranks don't matter since I match up with a 40 and a 1 in the same game. So I suppose it is meaningless.

EDIT: Four games in a row. And of course I get betrayers on my team. Again. And 0-11. That's just awesome.

Yeah...I was trying to tell my friend that Doubles is actually the hardest playlist (to get a 50 in) as we were playing it last night. Keep in mind this kid was a huge Halo 2 player, it's his best game by far...he used to play the World...FFA championship thing playlist (I wasn't competitive during H2 not sure what it's called) and he was a 40ish alongside pros.

Long story short he keeps voting H2 gametypes and I keep telling him the other team is just going to quit pre-game or worse...one will quit out and the other will and we will get a "loss" that is actually 3 losses. 

Well, this is how pathetic this game is. First game we play Ivory tower...I play the other team 1v2 just so we don't eviscerate them and they don't quit out...you have to let the opposing team kill you and make it close simply so they don't quit, it's quite sad. Anyway, we beat that team 25-15 I think even though I was playing 1v2 for the first 10 or so kills. 

Next game we play Lockout against a "49" in doubles and a 33 or something who is a Halo 3 highest rank. The 49 quits the build during the loading screen and its 2v1...I play this kid 1v1 the whole game basically even though I'm telling my teammate to just play he will quit either way or not etc....he comes back and somehow dies a few times and it's tied with literally less than a minute to go. Trade kills with the pussy hiding again and it's tied with like 30 seconds, he has sword BR1 we collapse on him 2 v 1 and I flank him from BR1 to the sword ramp thing to BR1. 

I kill him with mere seconds left, probably 2 seconds left, we win the game 15-14, it says game over shows the screen where we won....and IT GOES BLACK SCREEN. This scumbag quit out after the game just so we would get the quit-out loss. It's pathetic. Literally have to let people kill you and keep it close so they don't quit, literally spend 15 minutes of your life wasted just so some absolute slimeball can abuse a bug from the shittiest game developer who shipped a broken game and never has fixed it. 

So yes ranks are a joke because you can rank up by playing level 1-20s and just quit the build whenever you play anyone good. You can go in with a to4 and match non-to4s constantly, or you can just win every game but lose 3 games per one 1 if it's Halo 2. Fuck this game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Same could be said about Battlefield 4, and yet, DICE actually fixed that mess(and still are working on it to a small degree).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Same could be said about Battlefield 4, and yet, DICE actually fixed that mess(and still are working on it to a small degree).

Past success generally determines future success. Look at 343's body of work: Halo 4, MCC, Halo 5. Yes, in theory they should obviously fix MCC but they really don't have any incentive to at this point and they are going to focus on Halo 6 - Halo Wars 2 - other profitable ventures. To be objective they did update MCC a few days ago and before that they updated MCC  few months back and it did seem to help matchmaking times and ability....you can actually find hardcore games. 

With that said 343 is trash and they ruined what should have been the best collection/anthology game for many of us personally. Now video game companies are just pumping these out like scumbags. They literally cannot create any original games with any semblance of quality so they are just remaking old games to sell their new titles or just make profit: MCC, GoW Ultimate edition, Bioshock collection, CoD 4 w/ Infinity Warfare, remakes of every resident evil game etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

One day they will find a mass burial site in the desert filled with copies of MCC. 

And yet I'd rather play ET on Atari than anything 343 has developed, or ever will develop.  

Hi-Rez Studios updated Tribes ascend after about 2 years with no updates, and that has an even smaller player base than MCC.

I feel like there is a large, unrepresented group of Halo players that hate 343 for MCC. They don't shit post, they don't complain, they simply just moved on and you don't know they exist. I know I often find quite a few of these people around a Halo crowd. They are just very nonchalant about it.

The lack of applause/boos at their Comic Con panel was telling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

probably more revenue than having ghost as a qa tester would. Hiring 1 developer to work on mcc full time would be just a drop in the bucket for 343 and you would see returns on that investment and hell even if they somehow didn't, that 60k wont be missed. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Of my 10 games in the hardcore playlist today, all 10 were Halo 3. In a game of Pit CTF, I literally heard my teammates talking about how they dodge if Halo 2 ever gets voted because the BR feels weird and they hate getting BxR'd. I then went into my bathroom, vomited, and took MCC out of my disc trey. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just wish Bungie still made Halo. Back in like 2008-2009 during the H3 glory days is when one of my friends told me that Bungie was only making one more Halo game. I didn't believe it at first, at least I didn't want to believe it. I just couldn't believe Bungie would want to give up this amazing franchise when there was so much potential and so much more money that could have been made. When I realized that this was true, I knew it was over, I knew this was it. I wanted to believe that another company could replicate Bungie's magic, but in my heart of hearts I knew there was no way anybody else would be able to match Bungie's richness, technical quality, and passion. And just to think back in 2005, watching people play Halo 2 on cable TV, I thought this was just the beginning and that Halo would just get bigger and better. I thought, man, they are just going to keep refining this thing with better & better graphics and physics, more amazing maps, and more richness all around. Now here we are ten years later in 2016 and things couldn't be any worse for Halo. This franchise has been ran into the ground and just don't see a recovery possible unless the franchise goes back to Bungie and they make an original formula Halo game, with no gimmicks or bullshit. It's just hard to imagine how this happened, all the potential in the world just wasted away.

Be careful what you wish for. Bungie is a great Dev, but one can easily argue that they started the trend that 343 has followed. Bungie had no interest in making a true halo game anymore. The development of Destiny has also been revealed to be quite a mess. They have had a ton of internal troubles. They simply aren't the same company they were in 2004. I just wish Halo were being made by a dev team that loved the core gameplay of Halo and truly understood it, but that may never happen. 

Bungie was good when they were small and focused and given more creative control.

Big developers are usually overseen by publishers that create toxic cultures and push for features that are the complete opposite of what is actually wanted. It seems like most great games by large publishers are complete accidents now unless you are Naughty Dog, Rockstar or Bethesda (even then their games are buggy as shit).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Current Bungie is about as shady and immoral as 343i. Besides most of the people who work there never worked on a OG trilogy Halo game anyways. I mean they even bullied Marty out of the company.

However, I wish someone would hire the people that worked on the most important features Halo 1-3 (i.e. let John Howard and Hardy Lebel design the MP, let the H3 Theater team design the Theater etc.) and made a game in the spirit of the OG trilogy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People I would never hire if I started a FPS game development studio:

Bonnie Ross 
Frank O'Connor 
Kevin Grace
Dan Ayoub 
Andy Dudynsky
Josh Holmes

People that I would hire:

Alex Seropian
Jason Jones
Hardy Lebel
Hamilton Chu
John Howard

The gap in talent between these 2 groups is huge.  This is why Halo failed.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Bravo is just doing what he's told as a PR guy to be fair.

And I think Josh is talented but just has a vastly different opinion on what Halo should be. Or again is just doing what he is told I dunno.

The rest I don't care to defend in any shape or form.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just got the new dashboard update and most played is back, by the looks of it its based on your consoles location. So in the UK MCC is currently sitting at #37 and #25 in the US.

Given the state that MCC is in so long after it's release date, there really is no excuse for those guys.

People that I would hire:

Alex Seropian
Jason Jones
Hardy Lebel
Hamilton Chu
John Howard
Tom French*

The gap in talent between these 2 groups is huge.  This is why Halo failed.

Had to add one there.  :D

• Upvote (+1) 5