CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Can't wait for this next patch!!! :D

I can't wait to see the announcement of Halo 6,,maybe they'll give us a patch for MCC if we pre-order it!?

Side note- 

My biggest problem with MCC used to be the actual problems with MCC. Now it's that any multi game playlist is essentially a Halo 3 simulator. There's nothing but Halo 3 kids in Team Slayer, BTB, and Hardcore. I might get CE or H2 once for every 10 games of H3 I play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait to see the announcement of Halo 6,,maybe they'll give us a patch for MCC if we pre-order it!?

Side note- 

3s spawns you cheater

We need to get 343/MS to talk about MCC... The only way I can think is to respectfully bring it up at every opportunity possible.

...it's never happening is it.

My biggest problem with MCC used to be the actual problems with MCC. Now it's that any multi game playlist is essentially a Halo 3 simulator. There's nothing but Halo 3 kids in Team Slayer, BTB, and Hardcore. I might get CE or H2 once for every 10 games of H3 I play.

I've been saying this since pre-release:

Add some filters FFS. People have preferences and they will just QTB if other games or gametypes come up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been saying this since pre-release:

Add some filters FFS. People have preferences and they will just QTB if other games or gametypes come up.

Why is CE 4v4 still removed? Easily the most fun I've had with this game. It's a pain to play 2v2 and get someone who's rather new. Sure, I'm not the best but when you match 50's with a 2 on your team...its kind of not fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why is CE 4v4 still removed? Easily the most fun I've had with this game. It's a pain to play 2v2 and get someone who's rather new. Sure, I'm not the best but when you match 50's with a 2 on your team...its kind of not fun.

Removing CE 4v4 is one of 343i's biggest offenses. It was the most fun I've had playing Halo ever. Did they ever state a reason why they removed it other than "we hate classic Halo and want it do die in a fire?"

• Upvote (+1) 2

For anyone that didn't see, bravo posted this in a reddit thread 30 minutes ago.

"Hey all,

Happy to provide some details of today's update: First off, Halo 3 Grifball Throwback has been added, with a good variety of classic game types and variants from H3 MM (GrifballUpThere, Aerial Grifball, Mayan Grifball) and maps across both Foundry and Sandbox.

As a note, we're seeing that a few of the maps / variants aren't always loading properly, so we're having the team here take a look and possibly remove a few items that are causing trouble - you may see some weirdness as a result, but do know that the team is working on it as we speak. Next up, the team also removed Rumble Pit as it was the one playlist that far and away the weakest in terms of numbers.

Also, as previously mentioned, the playlist ordering has been updated to reflect which playlists are the most popular. This should give you an idea of which playlists will find matches the fastest, and which might take a bit longer. Here's the new order:

• Team Slayer
  • Big Team Battle
  • Infection
  • Halo 3 Grifball Throwback
  • Halo 3
  • Team Doubles
  • Team Action Sack
  • Halo 4
  • SWAT
  • Team Snipers
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • Team Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Team Hardcore
  • Halo: Combat Evolved

Note that all of these playlists, even down to Halo: CE (especially because it's 2v2) and Team Hardcore (because it is open to all search ranges) are still finding a healthy number of matches - don't let the low placement on the list make you think they aren't generating games.

Lastly, we've widened the search range for a few ranked playlists just a bit. While these playlists are seeing a healthy number of matches, we want to ensure that players on all sides of the spectrum continue to find matches. The search windows for the following playlists have been increased slightly:

• Team Doubles
  • Halo: CE
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • Halo 3

As a note, Halo 4 was already set to a wide search range, and Team Hardcore will remain at the "max" window, allowing all ranks to match one another (connection permitting).

The team here is keeping a close eye on playlist health and will continue to make more adjustments as necessary.

Thanks everyone - we'll continue jamming on what might be causing a few errors with a few of the Grifball Throwback variants at the moment."

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4uw5h7/halo_3_grifball_in_mcc/

• Upvote (+1) 2

4v4 CE was great fun and would have been amazing if someone took 10 minutes to actually put good gametypes in there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For anyone that didn't see, bravo posted this in a reddit thread 30 minutes ago.

"Hey all,

Happy to provide some details of today's update: First off, Halo 3 Grifball Throwback has been added, with a good variety of classic game types and variants from H3 MM (GrifballUpThere, Aerial Grifball, Mayan Grifball) and maps across both Foundry and Sandbox.

As a note, we're seeing that a few of the maps / variants aren't always loading properly, so we're having the team here take a look and possibly remove a few items that are causing trouble - you may see some weirdness as a result, but do know that the team is working on it as we speak. Next up, the team also removed Rumble Pit as it was the one playlist that far and away the weakest in terms of numbers.

Also, as previously mentioned, the playlist ordering has been updated to reflect which playlists are the most popular. This should give you an idea of which playlists will find matches the fastest, and which might take a bit longer. Here's the new order:

• Team Slayer
  • Big Team Battle
  • Infection
  • Halo 3 Grifball Throwback
  • Halo 3
  • Team Doubles
  • Team Action Sack
  • Halo 4
  • SWAT
  • Team Snipers
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • Team Hardcore
  • Halo: Combat Evolved

Note that all of these playlists, even down to Halo: CE (especially because it's 2v2) and Team Hardcore (because it is open to all search ranges) are still finding a healthy number of matches - don't let the low placement on the list make you think they aren't generating games.

Lastly, we've widened the search range for a few ranked playlists just a bit. While these playlists are seeing a healthy number of matches, we want to ensure that players on all sides of the spectrum continue to find matches. The search windows for the following playlists have been increased slightly:

• Team Doubles
  • Halo: CE
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • Halo 3

As a note, Halo 4 was already set to a wide search range, and Team Hardcore will remain at the "max" window, allowing all ranks to match one another (connection permitting).

The team here is keeping a close eye on playlist health and will continue to make more adjustments as necessary.

Thanks everyone - we'll continue jamming on what might be causing a few errors with a few of the Grifball Throwback variants at the moment."

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4uw5h7/halo_3_grifball_in_mcc/

I wish they would fix hardcore so that it's not H3ardcore

• Upvote (+1) 2

So they reordered the playlist list and thats our update? okay see ya

• Upvote (+1) 2

So they reordered the playlist list and thats our update? okay see ya

WHOA DUDE, CHILL THEY ADDED GRIFFBALL BRO! KIDS HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR THAT GAMETYPE FOR MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who has ever owned MCC is rushing out to buy it and install it right now. GRIFFBALL!!!

WHOA DUDE, CHILL THEY ADDED GRIFFBALL BRO! KIDS HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR THAT GAMETYPE FOR MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone who has ever owned MCC is rushing out to buy it and install it right now. GRIFFBALL!!!

One F :(

I'm in sheer disbelief that there's even an update at all.

Really disappointing to see Halo CE at the bottom. But I know it's because it's built for hardcore players who have all abandoned the game because they are sick of how poor the ballistics operate.

Dan Ayoub: "The people are getting really restless about MCC Frankie, what is the most we can do without putting any effort in whatsoever?"

Frankie: "I got you Dan. We can rotate the playlist order around to make the experience feel more fresh!"

Dan Ayoub: "That's genius! That oughta hold em over for another 6months"

:crying:  :tear:

• Upvote (+1) 7

So they made Rumble Pit garbage at 8 players with constant SMG/AR starts, forgot to add HCE and H2C, and now they are just removing it instead of fixing it?

Come on man...

It should have always been 6 players with only precision weapon starts, and should also have had all games including HCE and H2C, which they never did.

And they wonder why it was so unpopular.

Pisses me off so much man...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Too be fair, h3 griffball is best griffball. 

Here I was thinking the patch that was all hyped up was actually going to fix the game.

On a side note, I used to play a shit ton of CE on the OG Xbox with friends. I remember being able to 3 shot my friends no problem. I know MCC is based off the PC port (which I never played), but I cannot reliably use the pistol in MCC H:CE. Am I just rusty, was the PC pistol garbage, or is the net code just garbage?

Here I was thinking the patch that was all hyped up was actually going to fix the game.

On a side note, I used to play a shit ton of CE on the OG Xbox with friends. I remember being able to 3 shot my friends no problem. I know MCC is based off the PC port (which I never played), but I cannot reliably use the pistol in MCC H:CE. Am I just rusty, was the PC pistol garbage, or is the net code just garbage?

Hyped up?

Were people really getting their hopes up after Dan Ayoub of all people told everyone to stay tuned?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I just rusty, was the PC pistol garbage, or is the net code just garbage?

Well I can't speak for the 1st one, but the other two are definitely true. 

Hyped up?

Were people really getting their hopes up after Dan Ayoub of all people told everyone to stay tuned?

There's essentially nothing 343 could do to the game that would get me hyped  up, the game was dead on arrival, and honestly I'll never forgive them for it.