CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

My whole point with Shadowrun was how people could write off an entire game because of one or two things.

Depends on how game breaking those one or two things are. Like, I'd write off Halo 5 for Spartan charge alone. Just so happens that Halo 5 has many other things I find to be game breaking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Depends on how game breaking those one or two things are. Like, I'd write off Halo 5 for Spartan charge alone. Just so happens that Halo 5 has many other things I find to be game breaking.

The biggest issue people had right out of the gate was movement based bloom. That does not in any way shape or form "break the game" but I also don't hold it against people if they chose not to play because they don't enjoy that feature. I only come down on the ones who will claim the whole game sucks or isn't skill based because of some feature like that. In shadowrun's case, the level depth is insane so to me it's like writing off some huge novel or series just because you didn't like the cover of the book.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As far as 2v2 gameplay goes, Halo CE is my favorite but I think Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is by far the closest to CE in terms of an enjoyable, deep and skill based 2v2 shooter. I know @@Hard Way has played them and although it's completely different from Halo, it's gameplay is incredibly rewarding and fun.

Wait, what? Chaos Theory is one my favorite games of all time for the singleplayer/co-op alone. Are you telling me the PvP (which I never played) is bad-ass as well?  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love Splinter Cell 1 and CT, like seriously top 10 all time for me. But the pvp is just too slow for my competitive tastes. Never gave it a ton of chances admittedly.

I can see why people prefer CE too. I might have misunderstood his post but I thought he was hating on overwatch all together rather than comparing it to CE's skill required or depth.

If you have a 360 I highly suggest playing Shadowrun while you still can. It's still fairly active.

Since I've brought up other games already, have any of you guys messed around in some of the older splinter cells?

As far as 2v2 gameplay goes, Halo CE is my favorite but I think Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is by far the closest to CE in terms of an enjoyable, deep and skill based 2v2 shooter. I know @@Hard Way has played them and although it's completely different from Halo, it's gameplay is incredibly rewarding and fun.

Chaos Theory is tied for my favorite 2v2 game next to CE.  It is literally just as good, just in a very different way.  That game is phenomenal and no one knows it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chaos Theory is tied for my favorite 2v2 game next to CE.  It is literally just as good, just in a very different way.  That game is phenomenal and no one knows it.

One of my gaming regrets is not playing it more than I did. I honestly only played it a little bit because I poured my life and soul into Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow and then Halo 2. I think I played the first splinter cell on xbox a bit more but again was deep into Mech Assault and Rainbow Six 3. 

One of my gaming regrets is not playing it more than I did. I honestly only played it a little bit because I poured my life and soul into Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow and then Halo 2. I think I played the first splinter cell on xbox a bit more but again was deep into Mech Assault and Rainbow Six 3. 

I didn't play it much on XBL either, and I wish I had.  Honestly I've played most of my SC:CT on LAN! lol, when I was in the dorms I had 3 friends with Xboxs and I convinced them to pick up some used copies of CT and we lanned against each other.  It was SO much fun, because we all sucked, but we all got better just from learning against each other.  It was like the perfect way to learn a game.  And that game had this awesome feature where you could eavesdrop on the other team without them knowing it if they walked through your spy tracker or you hit them with your spy bullet, so we had some awesome moments from that too.

I loved when you'd grab a merc as a spy, and you'd be able to talk to them, and you could drag the merc through a door that only they could open.  Oh we used to talk so much shit.  It was great.

I do because you introduced me to it and the game is bad ass.  I forgot about it.  Now I want to play it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At this point, "I'll pass this along to the team" is basically 343 code for "We literally could not care less, but we'll pretend we do if it will make you feel better."

I didn't play it much on XBL either, and I wish I had.  Honestly I've played most of my SC:CT on LAN! lol, when I was in the dorms I had 3 friends with Xboxs and I convinced them to pick up some used copies of CT and we lanned against each other.  It was SO much fun, because we all sucked, but we all got better just from learning against each other.  It was like the perfect way to learn a game.  And that game had this awesome feature where you could eavesdrop on the other team without them knowing it if they walked through your spy tracker or you hit them with your spy bullet, so we had some awesome moments from that too.

I loved when you'd grab a merc as a spy, and you'd be able to talk to them, and you could drag the merc through a door that only they could open.  Oh we used to talk so much shit.  It was great.

Sounds awesome. I would imagine the PC version could be a viable option for versus mode on LAN or VPN. I haven't tried it, but kind of want to now. I miss good Ubisoft games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have you kept up with the series? I haven't but there was apparently an indie game that was supposed to mimic Chaos Theory but never got the funding for it. Somewhat the same thing happened for a Rainbow Six 3 clone except they finished the game and it was one of the worst games ever.

Dude I wish we had a week long beach lan for multiple games. I'd play CE, H2, Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Unreal Championship, Mech Assault, hell even some of the earlier James Bond games were kick ass..

Have you kept up with the series? I haven't but there was apparently an indie game that was supposed to mimic Chaos Theory but never got the funding for it. Somewhat the same thing happened for a Rainbow Six 3 clone except they finished the game and it was one of the worst games ever.

Dude I wish we had a week long beach lan for multiple games. I'd play CE, H2, Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Unreal Championship, Mech Assault, hell even some of the earlier James Bond games were kick ass..

Yeah I've kept up with it. Double Agent and Blacklist had outstanding campaigns but their multiplayers were SO bad. Like the devs had absolutely no idea what made PT and CT so great. That said, Blacklists campaign is crazy good.

Dude you gotta make it into Ohio sometime when I come back on leave. I bet we could organize a weekend LAN at least. My buddies back home play all that stuff. It'd just be a matter of getting 6-8 people together, which I think we could do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why don't you both bring copies of CT to the beach LAN and see if two others will play?

I would have played with you guys but I'm thinking I won't be attending this year unfortunately :( Not much vacation time to use and I gotta pay off some lines of credit for house maintenance.

Bloated > Non-existent

Halo 5 has a bloated sandbox with a bunch of overlapping viable weapons. Halo 3 has a non-existent sandbox with a few usable weapons and a bunch of useless ones.

A bloated sandbox can be fixed by editing weapon spawns. A non-existent sandbox is fucked no matter what.

No fucking way.

Underpowered weapons are much easier to deal with than overpowered weapons. Underpowered weapons just don't matter. Overpowered weapons ruin the game.

Imagine if the h3 AR was a monster and the spiker, plasma rifle and smg were ridiculously OP. And bungie had complete control over all aspects of the game. The game would be shit.

It's not as simple as "editing weapon spawns" because 343 controls everything.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo: The Master Chief Collection will never receive another update.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah I've kept up with it. Double Agent and Blacklist had outstanding campaigns but their multiplayers were SO bad. Like the devs had absolutely no idea what made PT and CT so great. That said, Blacklists campaign is crazy good.

Dude you gotta make it into Ohio sometime when I come back on leave. I bet we could organize a weekend LAN at least. My buddies back home play all that stuff. It'd just be a matter of getting 6-8 people together, which I think we could do.

Yeah man I would fucking love to do something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love when people neg but don't reply because they know they have fuck all to say that would make any sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I love when people neg but don't reply because they know they have fuck all to say that would make any sense.

im paying no attention to context but i usually just neg and move on. no point in wasting time on people who are either brainwashed or braindead

Negged

• Upvote (+1) 1