CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It's always nice to get 40 kills and still lose because you got teamed with a pastrami sandwich.

This is still my favourite post in this thread.

I found about 40gigs of capped H1 twitch gameplay probably over a year old all of it is high res. A lot of snippy snap, and toxin. I think there might be some hali and soulja streams too. If there is any interest in these gameplays, I might throw up a youtube channel and upload them. From what I have rewatched so far, I have found footage of toxin streaming the h1 tourny when he was teamed with mando and beat ogre 2 and nistic. If there is enough interest from people wanting to see the gameplays, I guess upvote this post or something so I know there is demand for it. I won't be taking the time to upload all this if there is just one or two people interested in this. My connection is too slow to waste that much time for a small demand.

Super glad you're smart enough to make the distinction between Bungie's Halo 2 and that 34flea market version found on the MCC.

BTW, love the 34flea market comment! Haven't heard that one before haha.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Frank O'Conner said this in a interview awhile back when are we getting this so called polished mcc?

QWx9hOt.png

SOON

Frank O'Conner said this in a interview awhile back when are we getting this so called polished mcc?

QWx9hOt.png

Even if we exclude the dead on arrival matchmaking, the game still had more bugs than an ant-farm at launch, not to mention discrepancies with the titles they were supposed to be emulating. They rushed out the game for the holidays and then rinsed their hands of it. It's painfully obvious that this game was never about preserving Halo's legacy, or even strengthening the brand going forward. It was a game they knew we would all buy regardless. A cash grab.

Seems like Frankie's entire job now is PR spin.

• Upvote (+1) 8

QWx9hOt.png

@@Frankie

9794307.jpg

QWx9hOt.png

How can people still believe anything that comes out of this guy's mouth? He's a pathological liar and Halo has been on a continued downward spiral since he was given the position of "Franchise Development Director"
  • Upvote (+1) 7

How can people still believe anything that comes out of this guy's mouth? He's a pathological liar and Halo has been on a continued downward spiral since he was given the position of "Franchise Development Director"

Halo was on a downward spiral since 3 and Reach.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Fixed that for you fam

Halo 3 was kind of annoying online, but it grew the scene tremendously. Both casually and competitively. And LAN was amazing for Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo was on a downward spiral since 3 and Reach.

Umm, H3 the most sold Halo game in history and that was on the MLG circuit for 3 years while staying in the top 3 XBL games played until the day Reach came out?

I agree that Reach was the start of Halo's decline, but don't forget that it was Frankie's company that could have fixed the mess easily, but decided to half ass a TU, half ass the CE  remake, not add ranks to the MLG playlist, remove the few good playlists Reach had (this was when I first realized 343 doesn't understand playlist management, five years later we are still in the same spot) and moved on to their baby H4.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Umm, H3 the most sold Halo game in history and that was on the MLG circuit for 3 years while staying in the top 3 XBL games played until the day Reach came out?

I agree that Reach was the start of Halo's decline, but don't forget that it was Frankie's company that could have fixed the mess easily, but decided to half ass a TU, half ass the CE remake, not add ranks to the MLG playlist, remove the few good playlists Reach had (this was when I first realized 343 doesn't understand playlist management, five years later we are still in the same spot) and moved on to their baby H4.

Bonnie Ross is the owner of 343. And just because something sells well doesn't mean that it's the best. CE sold the least but it's the best Halo. 3 is like the 5th best.

Bonnie Ross is the owner of 343. And just because something sells well doesn't mean that it's the best. CE sold the least but it's the best Halo. 3 is like the 5th best.

Your opinions are dumb and you should feel bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

FIFTH best?!?

How?! Lol..

Halo CE, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 2, Halo Wars, Halo 3, Halo 5, Reach, Halo 4.

Are we talking campaign modes or something? Or overall game?

Are we talking campaign modes or something? Or overall game?

I've always been a campaign player first and a multiplayer guy second, so I first judge a game on its campaign and then its multiplayer. Halo 4 is really only down on the list because its mutiplayer brings it there, and Reach fucked up so much canon that its down as well.

I've always been a campaign player first and a multiplayer guy second, so I first judge a game on its campaign and then its multiplayer. Halo 4 is really only down on the list because its mutiplayer brings it there, and Reach fucked up so much canon that its down as well.

Oh. Well I'd probably lead with that because most people here are referring to multiplayer, in which assuredly, Halo 3 is not 5th.

Not really sure what all goes into your method of rating all the games together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh. Well I'd probably lead with that because most people here are referring to multiplayer, in which assuredly, Halo 3 is not 5th.

Not really sure what all goes into your method of rating all the games together.

Well Halo 3 is 5th because I hated the multiplayer and didn't care for the campaign.