CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Gaming "journalism".

Lol I wonder what the requirements for that are "Must know how to have fun AND be corrupt so that Publishers can use you to get good review"

• Upvote (+1) 5

So for the last few weeks whenever I try to play matchmaking, it just gets stuck on "Downloading latest matchmaking data" without letting me in to the playlists. I can't play at all. I guess I just have to try and reinstall huh? 

So for the last few weeks whenever I try to play matchmaking, it just gets stuck on "Downloading latest matchmaking data" without letting me in to the playlists. I can't play at all. I guess I just have to try and reinstall huh? 

Hard reset your Xbox? Usually I just press B (or A; or whatever button) and I'm able to go right into the playlists.

I wish Microsoft/343/SOMEONE was actually held accountable for this disaster. I can't believe they just got away with it with no serious backlash from the media.

Well seeing how little H5 sold, it looks like they at least got some punishment for the failures of H4 and MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This happens to me before I start to play every single time. Let this message remain opened for :30-1:00 minute and then hit cancel. Then enter matchmaking again and it'll let you through. Straight fuckery but it works every single time for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Given Josh's history with socom and statements regarding Halo it could just be 343 management though.

I'm pretty sure it was Kevin Franklin who worked on SOCOM. Although maybe he wasn't the only one. *shrug*

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure it was Kevin Franklin who worked on SOCOM. Although maybe he wasn't the only one. *shrug*

Can we like thank every god that has ever been created that Kevin Franklin quit 343?

Shit you're right. He worked on Turok which was also bad but not socom bad. I usually hate people who do that too and I just did it. Neg bomb that post guys.

Shit you're right. He worked on Turok which was also bad but not socom bad. I usually hate people who do that too and I just did it. Neg bomb that post guys.

I reserve my negs for Sexorcist and Marmaleg.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I really enjoy going back to MCC and playing some games on there once or twice a month, but goodness gracious today was one of those days that the games are low quality. Halo CE and 2C play pretty well, but the pool of players that you find are ridiculously bad that it turns into 8 people derping around. H3 feels so slow and dated now. I'm still in awe that smg/AR starts are a thing in 2 and 3.

All that aside, playing the campaigns on one disc in updated visuals is amazing. Not really a point to this post, other than saying I found games quickly on there today.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really enjoy going back to MCC and playing some games on there once or twice a month, but goodness gracious today was one of those days that the games are low quality. Halo CE and 2C play pretty well, but the pool of players that you find are ridiculously bad that it turns into 8 people derping around. H3 feels so slow and dated now. I'm still in awe that smg/AR starts are a thing in 2 and 3.

All that aside, playing the campaigns on one disc in updated visuals is amazing. Not really a point to this post, other than saying I found games quickly on there today.

MCC H1 and 2 are basically blowout games. Either you play 2007 Final Boss or Johnny no thumbs.

H3 is SO. SLOW. It's probably the worst game in the collection for me to play.

MM is better now but man, it'll never be the real thing. As a big H1 fan, it sucks.

Game is definitely worth 20 bucks imo though

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea, I don't think I've played a game that was close since last May. I can't tell you how many times I've seen players go a full game of CTF without a kill.

H3 was my favorite Halo, but the multiplayer feels like time has passed it up. The campaign is still the best, IMO.

I wanted CE to have a thriving matchmaking when MCC was announced. Oh well, I try not to dwell on it too much.

There's a deal going now on cdkeys for 13 bucks. I see people I heated debates on Reddit about if it's worth it. The campaigns are worth it alone.

MCC H1 and 2 are basically blowout games. Either you play 2007 Final Boss or Johnny no thumbs.

Over the last week I agree. I played 2 games last night where my teammate ended up being afk, went 1-24 and I still won. But on average since I've started playing more, which was the beginning of May, I have had plenty of close matches. Very competitive too.

A ctf game where we came back down 2-0 on Heh. 2 or 3 slayer games that ended 50-49.

But I'm also only a level 16 if that even matters.

I went through and found a couple more:

Maybe the engine wasn't optimized/rebuilt for H5 after all ...?

Also, most importantly, only 36% of reviews approve of the CEO while the company overall has pretty high approval ratings; this is rare for Glassdoor.  

Its hard to say, really. Most of the people who are intimately familiar with the the Halo engine (or "blam!", as it refers to itself internally) are doubtful that the H5 engine is more "new" or "rebuilt" so much as has been "improved" as it has always been, including myself.  Then again, perhaps it is a new engine and that's why 343 is having such trouble "doing" stuff with it, because surely to Gaben Infection doesn't require months and months of development when you already have a decent gametype scripting language like Megalo to work with. Hell, it could be a mix of both if they're just having trouble making debug tools for their "new" engine, which is really just a new generation of "blam!".

It might be a long time before the Xbone is exploited and we finally get to see the engine from there, but if Halo 5 (Forge Edition) does actually come to PC, we might find out much sooner.

Over the last week I agree. I played 2 games last night where my teammate ended up being afk, went 1-24 and I still won. But on average since I've started playing more, which was the beginning of May, I have had plenty of close matches. Very competitive too.

A ctf game where we came back down 2-0 on Heh. 2 or 3 slayer games that ended 50-49.

But I'm also only a level 16 if that even matters.

Had a game on battle Creek last week with a no thumbs that had 1 kill (cleaned mine up) against two people who I would describe as average. We were down like 30-25 cause he died over and over. Eventually he quit and I managed to win on my own after that 50-42 lol. I sent him a message after and said "thanks for leaving I got it done for us :)"

• Upvote (+1) 2

If anyone plays this somewhat regularly add me!

GT, Bito

If anyone plays this somewhat regularly add me!

GT, Bito

Do you play ranked with a mic?  Does anyone on this forum play MCC ranked with a mic?

Do you play ranked with a mic? Does anyone on this forum play MCC ranked with a mic?

Yessir I do, add me, I'll most likely be on all night tonight.

Hard reset your Xbox? Usually I just press B (or A; or whatever button) and I'm able to go right into the playlists.

This happens to me before I start to play every single time. Let this message remain opened for :30-1:00 minute and then hit cancel. Then enter matchmaking again and it'll let you through. Straight fuckery but it works every single time for me.

Neither of these worked, so i just reinstalled the whole thing. Works now. It better keep working too; it's such a refreshing change of pace from H5. 

Neither of these worked, so i just reinstalled the whole thing. Works now. It better keep working too; it's such a refreshing change of pace from H5. 

That sucks, sorry you had to do all that man. But yeah, you dont really realize how sloppy Halo 5 feels until you play these Halos for a few days (for me, an hour) and then go back and play Halo 5. Your controls will just feel awful.

Why do you guys think halo 5 sold poorly again??

I think it did good. Factoring in the sheer amount of competition. Battlefront, cod, fallout, tombraider. Plus the lack of Xbox One popularity. Sure Halo popularity has taken a hit. But it still did good, all things considered.

Why do you guys think halo 5 sold poorly again??

I think it did good. Factoring in the sheer amount of competition. Battlefront, cod, fallout, tombraider. Plus the lack of Xbox One popularity. Sure Halo popularity has taken a hit. But it still did good, all things considered.

There was a time when halo was more popular than all of those on Xbox. Lack of popularity of the console was no excuse for the first three haloes.

• Upvote (+1) 3