CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

absolutely not.

I just recently went through the whole CE campaign on Legendary and The Library isn't even that bad if you know what to do, and it is extremely atmospheric with classic graphics (which is how I went through the whole game, screw the anniversary graphics).

Not calling them bad levels by any means whatsoever (they're some of my favorites), but TTAR, AOTCR and Two Betrayals were the levels that gave me the most trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate the anniversary graphics but they were welcome on the Library for me personally. Not just solid colour walls and floors with nothing going on. It felt like a gigantic multiplayer map in the original. The lighting is good, granted, but it's pretty boring otherwise. 343GS, Keyes, and TB feel much more atmospheric to me.

And no the Library isn't hard but it is tedious especially at the start with no shotgun. And you can't get checkpoints till every single infection flood is dead which makes it even more tedious.

I hate the anniversary graphics but they were welcome on the Library for me personally. Not just solid colour walls and floors with nothing going on. It felt like a gigantic multiplayer map in the original. The lighting is good, granted, but it's pretty boring otherwise. 343GS, Keyes, and TB feel much more atmospheric to me.

And no the Library isn't hard but it is tedious especially at the start with no shotgun. And you can't get checkpoints till every single infection flood is dead which makes it even more tedious.

You get a Shotgun in the first phase of the level. And no, not every infection needs to be killed (unless they are moving on top of you) . I literally just beat it on legendary today.

Halo 2 MCC 2v2 tournament on June 4th at 6PM. Crowd funded, no entry fee. Everyone is welcome to join. Prize is at $100 so far.

Info in link below, any questions send me a message.

https://www.gofundme.com/257w798

Will be a good time for those who are playing and a great entry into the halo 2 community as well if you've been thinking about getting on the game more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You get a Shotgun in the first phase of the level. And no, not every infection needs to be killed (unless they are moving on top of you) . I literally just beat it on legendary today.

Ok, pretty much all of them need to be killed though. They get up on you pretty fast.

And you don't get a shotgun until the 4th room.

@@MATCLAN @@VinnyMendoza, @@Mythik Nick

You guys may enjoy this article, it's about that level.  

Mostly good article but I disagree with him that it's the hardest level, and also human weapons aren't hitscan. They're faster projectiles but still dodgeable.

Regardless I do like the Flood. But the Covenant are definitely more fun to fight. They offer far more variety in gameplay and are your intellectual near-equals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played Halo 1 for the first time ever on the OG Xbox at a lan this weekend...and the resolution was the absolute biggest difficulty I faced coming from MCC.

Not to sound like a fps/resolution snob as Ive played many older games with no real problem, but the resolution was noticeably bad for Halo 1 on those old TVs. I had trouble lining up common nade tricks, had trouble spotting people, and general things like that.

Was it just a shock coming from 1080p to I assume 240p and it'll get better over time the more I get used to it? I was almost dissapointed with how much of a difference there was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played Halo 1 for the first time ever on the OG Xbox at a lan this weekend...and the resolution was the absolute biggest difficulty I faced coming from MCC.

Not to sound like a fps/resolution snob as Ive played many older games with no real problem, but the resolution was noticeably bad for Halo 1 on those old TVs. I had trouble lining up common nade tricks, had trouble spotting people, and general things like that.

Was it just a shock coming from 1080p to I assume 240p and it'll get better over time the more I get used to it? I was almost dissapointed with how much of a difference there was.

seeing people on 360p crts is a real challenge. It's definitely doable though. You're just too akin to that 1080p resolution. Of course you could just have a bad crt too. Most setups I've played on use 480i component cables. If you get a crt monitor or a sony pvm/bvm (these are money), you can get lagless 480p but the thing there is that camo becomes much easier to see since we don't have mcc predator camo on OG. You're also probably used to a bigger screen so not only is the resolution worse, but the actual size is too.

You're also probably playing with veterans. These guys know where to stand to make them hard to see. If you want to try to eliminate that advantage short-term, rocking the spacebar tag so they can't spot u by quickly hovering their crosshair in your general area will give you a little boost. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, pretty much all of them need to be killed though. They get up on you pretty fast.

And you don't get a shotgun until the 4th room.

Maybe I don't get what you mean by room. Every time I play, I get a Shotgun before I enter the center area, where you are essentially right underneath the index. Which is extremely early in the mission.

Edit: With the infection flood, all it takes is a few meeles to get rid of them, assuming no other enemies are around, so that being a disadvantage to the mission isn't really a problem, IMO.

How does CE run on a 360? Fine, or nah? If one were to have a lan but there was a shortage of OG Xboxes what would be the best option. MCC, 360 CE, or other. 

How does CE run on a 360? Fine, or nah? If one were to have a lan but there was a shortage of OG Xboxes what would be the best option. MCC, 360 CE, or other.

Buy another OG box
  • Upvote (+1) 2

For 2v2 its definitely playable but another OG xbox is preferable.

Best to worst: OG box with H1Final or NHE mod > 360 CE > MCC

I've "lanned" MCC a few times and the biggest struggle is swapping teams or logging new players on. Everyone needs to create a profile and MCC shits the bed quite often unless you tread lightly when dealing with player profiles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I don't get what you mean by room. Every time I play, I get a Shotgun before I enter the center area, where you are essentially right underneath the index. Which is extremely early in the mission.

Edit: With the infection flood, all it takes is a few meeles to get rid of them, assuming no other enemies are around, so that being a disadvantage to the mission isn't really a problem, IMO.

I think it's more rare to get a shotgun there but I guess if you're patient you can.

And the infection forms aren't hard to kill it's just tedious if they're spread out.

Best to worst: OG box with H1Final or NHE mod > 360 CE > MCC

I've "lanned" MCC a few times and the biggest struggle is swapping teams or logging new players on. Everyone needs to create a profile and MCC shits the bed quite often unless you tread lightly when dealing with player profiles.

Is the easy-ness in MCC mitigated in a LAN environment? I would much prefer mcc because it's high res and 60fps but then there's the bugs and pistol...

Is the easy-ness in MCC mitigated in a LAN environment? I would much prefer mcc because it's high res and 60fps but then there's the bugs and pistol...

The magnetism is fucked in MCC no matter how you play. But at least on LAN everyone's on the same connection so it's not laggy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't know if this is common knowledge, but the website "Glasswalls.com" has about 16 anonymous reviews from former 343i employees: https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/343-Industries-Reviews-E564375.htm

(You need to register/log in to get 10 days free access to the reviews.)

Some highlights that might be of relevance to the story behind recent 343i games, including MCC and H5:

Nice find!

I think it's more rare to get a shotgun there but I guess if you're patient you can.

And the infection forms aren't hard to kill it's just tedious if they're spread out.

I could be wrong since I haven't played in awhile, but I'm pretty sure you get a shotgun in the very first area. It's also really easy just to skip the area and avoid the fight altogether, but you won't get the shotgun.

I could be wrong since I haven't played in awhile, but I'm pretty sure you get a shotgun in the very first area. It's also really easy just to skip the area and avoid the fight altogether, but you won't get the shotgun.

Maybe it's because I'm just popping a couple grenades and booking it out of there so I never get a shotgun. It's way more tedious to face a huge wave there.

The magnetism is fucked in MCC no matter how you play. But at least on LAN everyone's on the same connection so it's not laggy.

Do you happen to know what the main issue with running CE on the 360 is? Possible frame rate problems I would assume? 

I'm definitely not one to be patient on The Library. I think its just a matter of play style maybe. With so many of the carrier forms in the beginning, guns can easily fly around.

I have probably played CE campaign 50 times since 2002 when I got CE. I've done all the difficulties including LASO. I never once have trouble finding a shotgun. Maybe next time since you know there is one in the beginning, to actually look for it.

Do you happen to know what the main issue with running CE on the 360 is? Possible frame rate problems I would assume? 

Yeah it's frame rate drops. I used to play XBC on a 360 and it didn't really have issues when I was full screen, but lanning on split screen got pretty rough when everyone is constantly nading power ups.