CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Halo 1 is the best video game I've ever played. I started with Halo 3 and when MCC came out, I tried out Halo 2. After that I was like, "wow, Halo 3 is garbage". Then I eventually moved to Halo 1 back when it was 3vs3 with radar. Then I'm like, "wow, Halo 2 is garbage".

I played very little Halo 4 and little Halo 5. I was pretty much done with the franchise altogether. Now I'm playing a busted ass Halo 1 PC port every night addicted to everything about it. Looking at nade trick videos, watching commentaries, and constantly trying to improve my game.

I feel for you oldschool guys. You play Halo 1 on lan then play MCC and you can't get any enjoyment out of it. I play Halo 1 on MCC for the first time, and I get a completely new experience, basically a new world when it comes to FPS games. I'm having the time of my life when it comes to video games and you guys can barely get through a game before the bullshit gets to you.

Shout out to NtG Fr33. I met him in a twitch chat and realized he lived an hour away from me and he invited me to a lan this weekend that he's hosting. Very good dude in an otherwise close nit group where it's hard to get into as a newcomer that still has a lot of shit to learn. Same goes to Akademik. Been playing with him every night and he's been showing me how to play Halo 1 better and what to do/not to do.

I'm just glad I went from almost selling my xbox to going to my first lan within a few months of each other. Hopefully a lot more to come!

Free is a good guy. Good player too.

You talked about playing halo PC, have you been playing stunt_man's Xbox experience mod?

Not sure I follow. 

Bigshow already made that joke you're late brah.

And we could just use the DMR or one the bloom-less BR variants in competitive settings.

For a game that came out in 2007 H3 really holds up in the graphics Department. (In 1080p that is) Very impressive on Bungie's part. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

There's still Christmas kids in MCC, unreal.

I swear my ability to play Halo drops significantly each time I try to play a match.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What honestly helped me move on though was 343 openly coming out during development of Halo 5 and saying if you don't like what we are doing then maybe the game isn't for you.

After the Xbone reveal, they told people who didn't like it to buy a 360.

Microsoft really is right up there with Monsanto...

Because Library, H2's flood levels,and the entire H4 and H5 campaigns don't exist, amirite guise?

The Library is fantastic. A super-atmospheric gauntlet of the highest degree.

(MCC on Windows 10)

From PC, back to PC...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will H3 ever re-release on Xbox One backwards compatibility or is that never going to be a thing because of MCC?

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Why do you need H3 on BC, you have a working version on MCC"

Except for the fact that we don't. They probably won't do it because it's acknowledging the fact that MCC doesn't work.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Finished Reach for the first time since 2011 or 2012, what a great campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Careful now, speaking positively of Reach isn't welcome in these parts
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It sucks that there are so many plot discrepancies because it actually is a fantastic campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Why do you need H3 on BC, you have a working version on MCC"

Except for the fact that we don't. They probably won't do it because it's acknowledging the fact that MCC doesn't work.

You'd take a graphically scaled down Halo 3 at less resolution and more than 30 FPS lower than MCC's Halo 3?

MCC Halo 3 has its problems, but so does backwards compatibility. Why would you even want to give 343 more money in the first place.

MCC H3s aiming still isn't 100% fixed

Bungie H3 has party and level restrictions

I still own my copy so I wouldn't be giving those fools a dime

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's been a dark stretch for me in terms of Halo, but I wanted to give a shout out to Legion for continuing to provide awesome MCC content. This guy has made me lol so many times and his gameplay is amazing. He's been around forever, but if by some remote chance you don't know him or his channel check him out on YouTube at legiqueen. He's on twitch also at legiqn, but he plays a lot of cod on there. I think he's the best thing going right now in terms of MCC content (although I have to say single halo clips is good too) - a light in a very long, very dark tunnel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Careful now, speaking positively of Reach isn't welcome in these parts

The campaign is good, the multiplayer on the other hand.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The campaign is good, the multiplayer on the other hand.

I'd say BTB is where Reach shined, easily the best BTB experience in the series. 

The Library is fantastic. A super-atmospheric gauntlet of the highest degree.

absolutely not.

I defend the Library more than most people but it's not great level design. They copy pasted it together and threw in some Flood infinite spawns. I do enjoy it for the nonstop zombie killing with a shotgun but it's easily the worst level in the game.

Its saving grace is the god-tier movement and weapon mechanics that basically make CE a joy to play regardless of the level.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like the Library. Come to think of it I can't really think of any H1 level I genuinely dislike, Bungie nailed the atmosphere of the entire game so well that I have fond memories of them all.

• Upvote (+1) 3