CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wait....... H3 ODST was announced for backwards compatibility but no real H3?

Watch H4 be next even though it's the only title on mcc that works 100%

i thought h3 was already backwards compatible

So last night I got my 50 in H2A and won another game on it.  This morning I sign on XBL check my rank, still a 50.  I played some H3 ranked matches; won a couple, lost a couple; check my rank and I'm a 49 in H2A...how broken is this game!?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think that was Reach fam. I could be wrong though, but that would mean 343/ Microsoft actually did something good so I'm probably not wrong

Wait....... H3 ODST was announced for backwards compatibility but no real H3?

Watch H4 be next even though it's the only title on mcc that works 100%

Not yet, no?

i specifically remember @@Moa posting about his experience

I don't recall saying Halo 3 was backwards compatible?

I saw something today about it appearing in the ad for the next round of BC. The fact that it's even a consideration is a joke.

I saw something today about it appearing in the ad for the next round of BC. The fact that it's even a consideration is a joke.

ODST? I've heard rumours of it becoming BC in June but there hasn't been an announcement.

I'm still bummed that they only ported the campaign to MCC, not Firefight. Pretty happy if it comes backwards compatible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 is a joke. ODST is the single best campaign Halo has ever had. I would not mind it being BC just for that Firefight.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Halo 3 is a joke. ODST is the single best campaign Halo has ever had. I would not mind it being BC just for that Firefight.

Why is Halo 3 a joke outside of the competitive settings and BR?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The campaign is the worst.

giphy.gif

Because Library, H2's flood levels,and the entire H4 and H5 campaigns don't exist, amirite guise?

• Upvote (+1) 7

i'd have no issues with someone saying h3 is the worst out of the original trilogy, but yeah like someone pointed out, h4 and h5 exist, and personally i'd put it over reach's as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is Disc 1 of Halo 3 ODST the only thing that's going to be backwards compatible? Haha, how stupid.

Was playing MCC splitscreen before and when BRs on citadel started the screen became 1/4 of the size and the rest was black. Should have taken a screenshot. It resolved itself at the end of the game. MCC is still broken. The amount of navigating through glitchy menus telling me I can't start matchmaking or failing to connect is fucking annoying. 343 are a disgrace.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was playing MCC splitscreen before and when BRs on citadel started the screen became 1/4 of the size and the rest was black. Should have taken a screenshot. It resolved itself at the end of the game. MCC is still broken. The amount of navigating through glitchy menus telling me I can't start matchmaking or failing to connect is fucking annoying. 343 are a disgrace.

I don't have the clip on my DVR anymore so I'll have to use this

First clip is that what you are talking about?

So is Disc 1 of Halo 3 ODST the only thing that's going to be backwards compatible? Haha, how stupid.

I think MS fixed the 2-disk bc problem

First time logging onto MCC in a long time, trying to play some CE.

I got to the Downloading Latest Data screen.. and it's been there for 10 minutes.  Should I just skip it?  I tried to skip it once and I never found a match in any playlist.

First time logging onto MCC in a long time, trying to play some CE.

I got to the Downloading Latest Data screen.. and it's been there for 10 minutes.  Should I just skip it?  I tried to skip it once and I never found a match in any playlist.

I usually quit the build and try again, others time it can be a sync-ing issue though so I just hard-reset. 

Just played a few games again. Got matched with a random in rank 40s, who actually used his mic, two games in a row against the same two people around rank 45. We won 1 and lost 1. Those are the kinda games I pray for when I boot up MCC.

You can tell all the GREAT players have abandoned the game if kids that I can beat after coming back from a 5 month hiatus are rank 47 though.... lol. I'd say among the players who still LAN often, I'd be around the bottom tier of them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just played a few games again. Got matched with a random in rank 40s, who actually used his mic, two games in a row against the same two people around rank 45. We won 1 and lost 1. Those are the kinda games I pray for when I boot up MCC.

You can tell all the GREAT players have abandoned the game if kids that I can beat after coming back from a 5 month hiatus are rank 47 though.... lol. I'd say among the players who still LAN often, I'd be around the bottom tier of them.

Ranks are literally meaningless, same for when they came out. You can dodge games with no penalty and play only level 10s and get to 50.

I also wouldn't use who wins MCC games to determine someone's skill. The shot registration is still crappy, and different connections give certain people advantages/disadvantages.

Host is also a HUGE disadvantage in Halo 1 on MCC. You actually have to lead your shots while other people have a hitscan pistol. One team will have host and it's such a big disadvantage that it will easily determine games. There's a reason no one plays custom games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has there been anyone in an official capacity - be it a video interview or an article that has straight up asked someone at 343 what the hell is going on with the MCC?  Or do they intentionally not allow people to ask?

• Upvote (+1) 6