CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Been playing h2c again and having a blast not worrying about is the server gonna be atrocious for the whole night.

Yup, the exact same.

Il add you. Don't know what GT. I jump around since the one that had become my main got red reputation.

I play MCC occasionally. May play it a lot if doom sucks.

Why not message each other to party up instead of dealing with shit teammates? Add me gt: Vinny Mendoza.

Gonna be busy with uncharted 4 this week but after that I wanna hop on CE again.

Why not message each other to party up instead of dealing with shit teammates? Add me gt: Vinny Mendoza.

Gonna be busy with uncharted 4 this week but after that I wanna hop on CE again.

I would buuuut....I prefer playing games by myself to a point and I can barely stand playing with my shit skill level. Don't want others to have to deal with that shit.

It's interesting for me to see just how many people were brought back by the announcement. You had a good number of Halo CE guys around even though they weren't incredibly active on the forums. Despite that there was still high interest in the Beyond tournament, as well as that year's beach-lan. It looks as if most of those people who were hyped for CE moved on, or really, went back to just lanning OG. Can't say I blame them but this could have been the rebirth of both the Halo CE and Halo 2 community.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's interesting for me to see just how many people were brought back by the announcement. You had a good number of Halo CE guys around even though they weren't incredibly active on the forums. Despite that there was still high interest in the Beyond tournament, as well as that year's beach-lan. It looks as if most of those people who were hyped for CE moved on, or really, went back to just lanning OG. Can't say I blame them but this could have been the rebirth of both the Halo CE and Halo 2 community.

There was quite literally only ONE way MCC could go wrong, and thats the way it turned out.

Unbelievable. We don't even know what team worked on the game!

It's depressing. Think about how sad it is that the two most anticipated games of the collectin are still probably the most broken on it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There was quite literally only ONE way MCC could go wrong, and thats the way it turned out.

Unbelievable. We don't even know what team worked on the game!

It's depressing. Think about how sad it is that the two most anticipated games of the collectin are still probably the most broken on it.

But hey. 3 and 4 work fine. Wooooo..........*sigh*
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I would buuuut....I prefer playing games by myself to a point and I can barely stand playing with my shit skill level. Don't want others to have to deal with that shit.

I really don't care if you are willing to learn though. I'm not one of the horseman or anything.

Likewise if there's people who don't really want to talk to someone else while playing, I get that too, and I'm perfectly content with muting mics and just having someone who I know isn't gonna suck ass at least.

im on MCC finally thought it wouldnt be broken but I was wrong looking for some good games add me Ahnxiety.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just played some THC on MCC.  Going against a team of 4 with 3 individual teammates, 1 of which didn't play and the other 2 had either not played in a while like myself or just sucked (like me).  I have very little desire to continue playing.

Just played some THC on MCC.  Going against a team of 4 with 3 individual teammates, 1 of which didn't play and the other 2 had either not played in a while like myself or just sucked (like me).  I have very little desire to continue playing.

Best thing to do is just find people who do customs.

Matchmaking is a joke. I played probably 10-15 games today and there wasn't a single game where someone didn't quit or start betraying teammates.

Best thing to do is just find people who do customs.

Matchmaking is a joke. I played probably 10-15 games today and there wasn't a single game where someone didn't quit or start betraying teammates.

I was hoping to regain some form of skill before being the worst player in custom games.  I have a lot of envy for people who can bounce between games and do well.  I just played a game of CE and I was falling off of the map, missing every shot and trying to thrust/clamber/sprint every few minutes. 

I'm only really good at CE lol. I used to be decent on halo 2 now I'm just an average mming player. Doesn't help when you think most of the other games are lackluster and don't have much motivation to get better.

Yeah if only 343 cared about the CE and H2 Halo community franchise

:wink:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just gonna say I had friends buy an Xbox and MCC just to play halo again. These were guys I haven't played with since 2006-2007. I don't know a single person personally that plays Halo from my group of friends except for one person because of what happened. MCC killed my passion for Halo completely. I don't watch streams, vods, old game plays or anything. The only thing I hold onto are these forums because there are still plenty of meaningful discussions had here and I get blown away by how much the community has changed over the years. It's interesting to see how our mentality has shifted from the H2 days. We don't even fundamentally agree on core Halo features anymore and even if we agreed 343 doesn't care.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Just gonna say I had friends buy an Xbox and MCC just to play halo again. These were guys I haven't played with since 2006-2007. I don't know a single person personally that plays Halo from my group of friends except for one person because of what happened. MCC killed my passion for Halo completely. I don't watch streams, vods, old game plays or anything. The only thing I hold onto are these forums because there are still plenty of meaningful discussions had here and I get blown away by how much the community has changed over the years. It's interesting to see how our mentality has shifted from the H2 days. We don't even fundamentally agree on core Halo features anymore and even if we agreed 343 doesn't care.

No doubt about it, 343 has decimated Halo. I get more enjoyment playing old school Galaga on Xbox One than I do playing any 343-made Halo game. I'll never give 343 another dollar, unless they can deliver a properly made Halo 3 Anniversary, which is highly doubtful. I think that "we", being people that have put many hours into Halo CE, 2, and 3, do agree on core Halo features, but not many of "us" are not on the forums any more since we haven't had a "real" Halo game for almost 10 years. It's been a long time and the only ones of "us" still around are the super passionate. Everyone else on the forums are those who have accepted 343's version of Halo and obviously we are not going to agree with them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's hilarious how they do polls from the beta which had terrible population and they come out with poll statistics overwhelmingly in their favour because duh the only people left playing actually like this style.... Then Josh brings up "confirmation bias" when talking about our opinions. Yeah dude because apparently WE'RE the ones leaving out millions of people who don't play anymore because of your terrible game design decisions. As a stat hobbyist that shit annoyed me even more than other fans. I wish someone at MS would notice these flaws in methodology too but that's way too much to ask of these guys. If they still don't care about how badly 343 has run the franchise into the ground financially then I guess they never will.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's hilarious how they do polls from the beta which had terrible population and they come out with poll statistics overwhelmingly in their favour because duh the only people left playing actually like this style.... Then Josh brings up "confirmation bias" when talking about our opinions. Yeah dude because apparently WE'RE the ones leaving out millions of people who don't play anymore because of your terrible game design decisions. As a stat hobbyist that shit annoyed me even more than other fans. I wish someone at MS would notice these flaws in methodology too but that's way too much to ask of these guys. If they still don't care about how badly 343 has run the franchise into the ground financially then I guess they never will.

I've always thought of that. Like obviously if 343 forces away 90% of the franchise's population and polls the remaining 10%, they'll get results favoring their design choices. This is simple stuff. I don't know how no one thinks of this over there.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just wish they would announce a classic hardcore playlist for people who don't want the new bullshit. Most other companies do this.

No abilities, no sprint, small maps only, no radar, BR or DMR start. It's not perfect, and some abilities are actually fine, but you'd have to go all the way with a classic list so that you please most old fans. I definitely wouldn't want the abilities that stay left up to subjectivity with 343's judgment. Anyway, 343 fails to realize this will ADD to the player base, not split the existing one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I bought an xbox one only because of mcc.  I had accepted that halo was dead and I was ready to move on, but mcc got announced. I gave up on halo 5 ever being good, so now I just sit in mcc praying the next match will have good shot registration.  Some games are depressing, but the few good games of h1 and h2 I get are what keep me from selling my xbox.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

No doubt about it, 343 has decimated Halo. I get more enjoyment playing old school Galaga on Xbox One than I do playing any 343-made Halo game. I'll never give 343 another dollar, unless they can deliver a properly made Halo 3 Anniversary, which is highly doubtful. I think that "we", being people that have put many hours into Halo CE, 2, and 3, do agree on core Halo features, but not many of "us" are not on the forums any more since we haven't had a "real" Halo game for almost 10 years. It's been a long time and the only ones of "us" still around are the super passionate. Everyone else on the forums are those who have accepted 343's version of Halo and obviously we are not going to agree with them.

What honestly helped me move on though was 343 openly coming out during development of Halo 5 and saying if you don't like what we are doing then maybe the game isn't for you. That was the first time I could remember the developers doing that. I don't remember Bungie saying that or 343 for Halo 4 and that's what made me realize I will NEVER get the experience I want. Then again they are not obligated to provide that for me either.

However, when you sell us a lie known as the MCC "just as you remember it" it fucking boils my blood that anyone supports them. That is the experience im still waiting for. Lol shit it was such a disaster I actually built my first gaming PC now and have moved on entirely from Xbox outside of Gears of War. As I mentioned in my previous post it boggles my mind the way some people support 343 or better yet think we are going in the right direction. We are playing with radar in 2016 Halo and this basically confirms it will be accepted again in the next iteration. GG we've fallen to embarrassingly low standards.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Bungie: Provides Forge and endless gameplay settings for us to tweak for competitive play. Doesn't control the competitive leagues and lets us do what we want.

343: pushes game settings and Forge back months after launch so we can't do the same with halo 5, instead just accept their stupid ass settings. Controls competitive halo from top to bottom, to a degree that competitive players don't bother practicing custom settings since they will fall behind on practicing with radar on and other stupid shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait....... H3 ODST was announced for backwards compatibility but no real H3?

Watch H4 be next even though it's the only title on mcc that works 100%

• Upvote (+1) 1