CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

When you guys LAN H1 do you use cat5e or cat6a cables? Does using cat6a Ethernet cables on LAN improve the off host disadvantage at all?

I just ordered a cat6a for online gaming because they are shielded much better leading to less signal interference and less chance of packet loss. I didn't even know cat6a or cat6 cables even existed till the other day.

no1 uses anything other than crossover cables. Though this might change soon with NHE...

Sad that MCC is really close to being a decent game. Few fixes to each individual game and it would be solid.

Really shows how much 343 values their fan base when they can't even finish what they started. I get that businesses need to make money as much as possible, but they are literally saying "you aren't worth the money it would take to stay true to our word".

It's not how MCC happened, it's how they handled it. Hopefully they are aware of this.

They don't care fam. Look at how quickly they made the world forget about it by ignoring it.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

The Beyond writing staff should write another one of those MCC write ups. This game is still laughably broken and missing half the features that the original games came with.

Where the hell is Join in Progress for custom games? Where is the hell is a ranked Lone Wolves/FFA type playlist? Where's the dedicated servers? Where's the other H2A map(s) they promised? Why do I have to restart the search and reset my build after every other game? Why do I still randomly lag out of matches?

This whole game is just inexcusable and the reason why I spoke with my wallet and didnt buy H5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Beyond writing staff should write another one of those MCC write ups. This game is still laughably broken and missing half the features that the original games came with.

Where the hell is Join in Progress for custom games? Where is the hell is a ranked Lone Wolves/FFA type playlist? Where's the dedicated servers? Where's the other H2A map(s) they promised? Why do I have to restart the search and reset my build after every other game? Why do I still randomly lag out of matches?

This whole game is just inexcusable and the reason why I spoke with my wallet and didnt buy H5.

wont do anything. It's better just to wait just in case a better time comes. Just writing a circlejerk article won't accomplish anything other than satisfying ourselves for the day

• Downvote (-1) 1

wont do anything. It's better just to wait just in case a better time comes. Just writing a circlejerk article won't accomplish anything other than satisfying ourselves for the day

Sadly, I don't think a better time will come for Halo. 343 lacks the talent and competence to make a decent Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 9

To be honest, the era of the TRUE Halo is over. 343 is moving in a new direction as you can see with Halo 5. Now it's all about micro transactions and making the game easy to play (smart scope, quick reload, etc.) They have turned a unique and diverse franchise into another Call of Duty style game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Played a game of MCC since I was getting rolled by To4's in Slayer.

Teamates:

0-6

0-4

0-5

I'm out.

Was there some sort of loophole in this game's ranking system? I keep playing people that have 50s in H3 that are just awful.

Was there some sort of loophole in this game's ranking system? I keep playing people that have 50s in H3 that are just awful.

For example in my post above, they match me (8), a 5, 4, and 1 against a 50, 45, 25 and 30. That's how I'm guessing.

Played a game of MCC since I was getting rolled by To4's in Slayer.

Teamates:

0-6

0-4

0-5

I'm out.

I love how you went in expecting different haha  :wink:  :laugh:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Search 4s get a 50. Literally all this games ranking system comes down to. No party restrictions are a joke.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Search 4s get a 50. Literally all this games ranking system comes down to. No party restrictions are a joke.

Your GT still the same?

dead ass...imma start dashboarding if i match anyone under 20 in the h1 playlist against a team of 20 or higher players. I've finally made my mind up to do that shit...fuck how it looks...I refuse to let 343's incompetence when it comes to matchmaking make me :mj:  during games because my teammate is fresh out of campaign. Because of how terrible the matchmaking is I'll have to resort to dodging my own teammates....what a time to be alive

and imma do all this on stream...i don't give a flying 747 fuck

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For example in my post above, they match me (8), a 5, 4, and 1 against a 50, 45, 25 and 30. That's how I'm guessing.

i hate this company so much....video games are supposed to be fun. How is that fun?

• Upvote (+1) 8

dead ass...imma start dashboarding if i match anyone under 20 in the h1 playlist against a team of 20 or higher players. I've finally made my mind up to do that shit...fuck how it looks...I refuse to let 343's incompetence when it comes to matchmaking make me :mj:  during games because my teammate is fresh out of campaign. Because of how terrible the matchmaking is I'll have to resort to dodging my own teammates....what a time to be alive

mrw im level 19

I don't blame you son.

mrw im level 19

I actually know what you're capable of tho....I see a lvl under 20 and I just feel like mj

I don't blame you son.

I don't blame me neither. My sanity and having fun in competitive matches >>>>> 343 trying to give me that matchmaking work

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've become complacent. I only play a game or two every other week. At this point I just like being able to smash and or be smashed. I can't really invest myself that much anymore. 

Side note- Twas a lucky win.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't blame me neither. My sanity and having fun in competitive matches >>>>> 343 trying to give me that matchmaking work

I give you an apology for having a broken ass controller...and being rusty as fuck when we finally matched lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I give you an apology for having a broken ass controller...and being rusty as fuck when we finally matched lol

nah its cool...that was a good game...no worries

I love playing H1, but man MCC makes it feel like I'm shooting the H3 battlerifle and they have the H1 pistol.

dead ass...imma start dashboarding if i match anyone under 20 in the h1 playlist against a team of 20 or higher players. I've finally made my mind up to do that shit...fuck how it looks...I refuse to let 343's incompetence when it comes to matchmaking make me :mj: during games because my teammate is fresh out of campaign. Because of how terrible the matchmaking is I'll have to resort to dodging my own teammates....what a time to be alive

No one cares about people dashboarding man, don't put yourself through the bullshit of bad teammates. 99% of people can tell the difference between you dodging a bad teammate and you dodging the other team even though you have a decent teammate.

I dashboard the hell out of Halo 1, I'm not going to spend my free time on Hang em High stuck at red base because of a teammate that doesn't know randoms.

I'll play any other Halo with bad teammates, but fuck that for Halo 1. Your time is more valuable than some idiot's opinion on the internet.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dodged to4s/to8s in all playlists and shitty teamates in CE on the reg when I used to play MCC. Fuck that noise, 343i has yet to release a game with proper matchmaking

• Upvote (+1) 1