CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I enjoyed that for so many reasons.  Thank you for sharing.

I seriously want to do a collab with him. I have never made a tage before, but I have some pretty crazy clips I've saved over lifespan of mcc. I don't have the editing talent to make something like that. But I love his style and would love to contribute some clips. I have some fairly good material. I may end up just throwing together a clip compilation instead of an actual montage. I don't have the patience for making one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This just happened tonight. 

That kill to give you guys 45 down in runway just about gave me AIDS.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah, wine can be a little iffy sometimes though depending on the programs. I think it will work according to the research I did.

Actually, there is a native Linux client for Xlink:

Would love to see the vod of this if their is any.

there's more on Snakebite's youtube of mixed games too. I think those are the only two all pro vs. xbc gameplays on the channel. also random: this was the intended original CLG roster but they thought Naded and to3 didn't mesh they way they wanted.

having played against that specific to4 and having played against teams of other pros, i don't think it's a stretch to say that while the top teams (carbon, str8, FB, 5k, agency etc.) would probably beat any combination of XBC/MCC players (the ones that don't have pro bracket experience), i think the rest of top 8 and top 16 would be a completely different story.

People always say what you said above tobes about time played and i agree to a certain extent, but those pro's also have a serious advantage in that they also never stopped playing competitive halo at it's highest level, it just stopped being halo 2. And that's where a lot of pick up teams got beat or worn down on xbc: The communication and decision making abilities that pertain to all halo's is where pro's would really come in and stomp... and they have the benefit of having constant access to the highest level of halo possible. If the top players on MCC now had the same spare time and availability to consistent pro scrims in a professional halo 2 setting i think a mix of the top players would be easily competing for top 8-16.

I've seen it go both ways. I played against the above team with a PUG (and not a very good one) and we got slapped around completely. I've also played different combinations of pros with different regulars and had a lot of success and also won games, even though the XBC squad wasn't necessarily comprised of the best players available (i was on the team for example Kappa).

I guess the main point is that what we all consider pretty unanimously to be the best halo 2 teams, they're comprised mostly of previous CE professionals and Halo 2 players that had the benefit of having the game be in the mainstream concerning competitive halo and had the benefit of scrims with other top teams, events etc. And rightfully so, they earned their place no doubt. Most people on XBC and those who play now didn't have that opportunity or got that opportunity in halo 3 and All xbc ever had was other xbc players and the occasional pro passing through... and the same is largely true with MCC with a few exceptions. If the top players now got consistent exposure to professional competition then i think you'd see a rapid jump in improvement and a lot of people eating their words on the topic... It's hard to get better at anything when you're the best available competition - a lot of players are just on a plateau because there's nothing around that can help push them to get better. I know this is true because i watched it happen. I think most people consider the top players from XBC to be some combination of Zyfe, Cherry, Scotty etc. and they've always been good since i've known them but they needed better competition to keep getting to where they were at the end of XBC. When MCC got announced and there was an influx of former pros and knowns, I think that's when they really became very, very good because they were finally in a position to play with better players. The rapid advancements the top players made on XBC as result makes me think that while they're on a plateau of sorts, they still haven't gotten close to their ceiling in terms of skill and performance, they just need the right stimulus.

Just my two cents.

I completely agree with you on a lot of your points. My post was more of "what happened" more than a definitive final result. I absolutely agree that the best players from XBC got bottle necked because the competition was so small on XBC until MCC was announced, and there's really no way to advance past it without playing people that are better. The results would definitely narrow if some of the XBC players had better access to competition. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Would love to see the vod of this if their is any.

Sk0ls has gameplay on his YT channel of scrims against the pros that came back to XBC before MCC dropped.

And if you look at Naded's Twitch past broadcasts from that time, you'll also find a lot of high level scrims.

@@Tobes @@BlackShadow

I also forgot to mention that the time those guys were on XBC was so limited. Once people realized that the game was going to be more like vista, pretty much everyone that wasn't a regular switched almost immediately. Which sucked. 

@@Tobes @@BlackShadow

I also forgot to mention that the time those guys were on XBC was so limited. Once people realized that the game was going to be more like vista, pretty much everyone that wasn't a regular switched almost immediately. Which sucked.

Feel so bad for not joining up with y'all on XBC when I had the chance; 2012 was a shit year and Halo 2 could have saved it lol...didn't realize MCC was going to be a total joke

I completely agree with you on a lot of your points. My post was more of "what happened" more than a definitive final result. I absolutely agree that the best players from XBC got bottle necked because the competition was so small on XBC until MCC was announced, and there's really no way to advance past it without playing people that are better. The results would definitely narrow if some of the XBC players had better access to competition. 

This. Once we started to get the right influx of players on our tier of communication (kaka, sep7) we started taking games off of them. Guys like Gregor and Scotty too we would have done much better as well. Its just you cant take two videos against pickup squads out of context and say "they romped us" when we didn't have the right mix on at the time. It was def a great experiece playing a better squad to try and bring it up another level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember soon as they announced mcc so many people got back on xbc. My boys follow the lead jk, h2 venom, and I played xbc together damn near everyday.

When you guys LAN H1 do you use cat5e or cat6a cables? Does using cat6a Ethernet cables on LAN improve the off host disadvantage at all?

I just ordered a cat6a for online gaming because they are shielded much better leading to less signal interference and less chance of packet loss. I didn't even know cat6a or cat6 cables even existed till the other day.

When you guys LAN H1 do you use cat5e or cat6a cables? Does using cat6a Ethernet cables on LAN improve the off host disadvantage at all?

I just ordered a cat6a for online gaming because they are shielded much better leading to less signal interference and less chance of packet loss. I didn't even know cat6a or cat6 cables even existed till the other day.

Well it certainly won't hurt but I don't think you'll necessarily get better performance than cat5E. The main thing to consider with network cables is careful handling. Make sure they aren't twisted, there's nothing crushing them, etc. Cable length comes into the equation too.

Also if you're just doing 2 boxes, you can use a crossover cable to just connect the boxes to each other without the need for a router/switch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to say that for those who have issues with Halo 2 MCC should check out Halo 2 PC, there have been MAJOR improvements in the past few months. 

Right now Halo 2 PC plays much better than the MCC, without many of the game breaking bugs that many of you are suffering from such as matchmaking issues and hit registration. 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13305-halo-2-vista-multiplayer-back-online-fixed-project-cartographer/

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to say that for those who have issues with Halo 2 MCC should check out Halo 2 PC, there have been MAJOR improvements in the past few months. 

Right now Halo 2 PC plays much better than the MCC, without many of the game breaking bugs that many of you are suffering from such as matchmaking issues and hit registration. 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13305-halo-2-vista-multiplayer-back-online-fixed-project-cartographer/

Yes but are there ranks?

Yes but are there ranks?

view the thread he linked and you'll see they're on the way.

Yes but are there ranks?

Ranks will be implemented in the coming weeks. We have the ability to implement them, it's just a matter of creating a fair system similar to the original Halo 2. 

But the truly skilled players don't need ranks to define them.  :wink:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would be nice to see h2v and the h2c communities grow. Def wish we could get more people back on mcc for h2. Been tryna get a couple buddies back on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would be nice to see h2v and the h2c communities grow. Def wish we could get more people back on mcc for h2. Been truna get a coulle buddies back on.

Well you know what they say, "If at first you don't succeed, truna truna again."

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish we could crowd fund this or something. I think about this happening way too much. lol

If I ever won the lottery I would spend a couple million to make an indie CE2. no doubt.

We really need to make this happen. I'd throw down a grand if other people did and we got a team together that is competent. Does anyone have a connection with hardy lebel or Alex seropian? Could we do a massive twitter push to let them know the market exists? If they were involved gaming media would pay attention and spread the word more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We really need to make this happen. I'd throw down a grand if other people did and we got a team together that is competent. Does anyone have a connection with hardy lebel or Alex seropian? Could we do a massive twitter push to let them know the market exists? If they were involved gaming media would pay attention and spread the word more.

I think CE could use its own dedicated thread here. Sometimes I want to post CE related questions/ideas but don't know how relevant it is because this is technically the MCC thread. 

@@CyReN ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think CE could use its own dedicated thread here. Sometimes I want to post CE related questions/ideas but don't know how relevant it is because this is technically the MCC thread.

What's the title of the video you posted on the last page? Legend of dev bla bla bla. The video just won't load for me on this website when I'm on my phone.

What's the title of the video you posted on the last page? Legend of dev bla bla bla. The video just won't load for me on this website when I'm on my phone.

It looks like that youtube account has been deleted. I can't seem to find a copy of that video anywhere either which is a shame. 

It's probably a compilation of gameplay from one of the guys they had demoing H2A before it came out. He was like the worst player ever. No one demoing had real names, just numbers. But the videos that came out at that time were hilarious, and we affectionately just referred to him as 2dev.

• Upvote (+1) 1