CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'd like to see them make Team Hardcore 8 man joinable, matchmaking is already a joke because a level 50 can match a level one, if you don't go in with a party of 4 the games are a joke regardless. If we had Team Hardcore joinable with parties of 8 we could have dedicated servers whenever we want. We already set up games in hardcore but it's kinda a pain unless it's really late at night.

If you play customs with 8 solid players the team with host is going to win the very high majority of the games.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Pre-season Halo 2 league draft going down at 10pm EST. Will be a 5 week season then open for new members.
https://www.twitch.tv/sepseven
If you're interested in joining the next season join the discord and start practicing, we have over 100 active MLG h2 players that run customs every night. Will also be having FFA,1v1,2v2 tournaments during the summer.
https://discord.gg/0uqMLfsvV2PeKrdl 
Any questions msg - XbL Gregor

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Halo 2 were brought back for big money tournaments, and all of the old teams reformed with the same rosters, how would they fair against the guys that stayed with H2 this whole time?

If Halo 2 were brought back for big money tournaments, and all of the old teams reformed with the same rosters, how would they fair against the guys that stayed with H2 this whole time?

the newguys would get whooped. 

so how long do you think it'll be until we get a post mortem on the whole mcc debacle? i still want answers

"Soon"
  • Upvote (+1) 1

lol kill penalties are back in mcc h1 dubs playlist

Serious? I couldn't tell if something was messed last night or it was just me....

I think 343 mentioned MCC at their studio and something broke. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

so how long do you think it'll be until we get a post mortem on the whole mcc debacle? i still want answers

My best guess... they have already made anyone who worked on MCC sign NDA's and at this point they are just hoping that people forget about the worst game launch in history

• Upvote (+1) 7

If you think 343 will do anything about MCC other than pretend it doesnt exist...I have bad news for you.

But please buy more REQ packs and Mega Block sets.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Man.. MCC garbage aside, I haven't played a Halo game until 4-5 in the morning in a long time. I'm still happy that a long night of CE and Halo 2 can still give me that feeling of fun. I don't think I've pulled an all-nighter in anything post Halo Reach until last night.

It may have just been because I was playing with friends though. Literally none of all the old friends I've made since Halo 2 play Halo 5 anymore except maybe 2/3 people. I'll take a long ass night of CE and Halo 2 customs with a bunch of friends than deal with Halo 5 atrocious matchmaking any day of the week.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How is this appealing in Halo 5 or any game for that matter? You either face people better than you or worse than you. It's more fun facing people your actual skill level.

Social in Halo 5 sucks because of the game mechanics more than anything.

That's your opinion. I disagree. I prefer social as a mixed bag and ranked being strictly close matches.

I honestly don't know why it shouldn't happen. They would draw so many people back and they would gain so much respect. But I guess that's the smart thing to do so 343 wouldn't do it.

there's no chance that they'd waste time and money making maps for H2A when they could make more money creating content for H5

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully we can get some people here in the h2c league we got going on in the H2 OGs FB group. Would like see it grow and get at least 20 team tournies going.

the newguys would get whooped.

I think he was saying how would old Carbon, FB, Str8, etc.... fair against the people who never stopped playing h2. At first i think the games would be close but it only takes so long before your skill and muscle memory come back. Im the end I think the old teams would start pulling away.

I think he was saying how would old Carbon, FB, Str8, etc.... fair against the people who never stopped playing h2. At first i think the games would be close but it only takes so long before your skill and muscle memory come back. Im the end I think the old teams would start pulling away.

The closest thing we kinda have that I know if is the tournament from Howies Gaming Shack in 2014, I think.

It wasn't a top 3 team but it was Gexny, Shooter, and Loondog? I don't remember who the 4th was but they had a killer series against Zyfe + Friends. I think Gexny was a consistent top 16 player towards the end of his time with the others also getting similar placings.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The closest thing we kinda have that I know if is the tournament from Howies Gaming Shack in 2014, I think.

It wasn't a top 3 team but it was Gexny, Shooter, and Loondog? I don't remember who the 4th was but they had a killer series against Zyfe + Friends. I think Gexny was a consistent top 16 player towards the end of his time with the others also getting similar placings.

Thats pretty dope. Wish we could have got that 2007 FB reunion at g4g that one year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that's exactly how i interpreted it. Neighbor and ghost hopped on h2 xbc before mcc launch and were destroying. 

Serious? I couldn't tell if something was messed last night or it was just me....

I think 343 mentioned MCC at their studio and something broke. 

At the end of this clip: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Oh%20for/video/17056536

Normally, if you hold forward going off front shotties, you land on one of the os plat. However since kill penalties were enabled, I'm walking slower than default so I don't make the jump at the end

that's exactly how i interpreted it. Neighbor and ghost hopped on h2 xbc before mcc launch and were destroying.

Ghost hopped in my game one night at like 3am and didnt do so hot. Then he left after that game lol. I remember playing with poon, it was luck, and kampy during that time. Neighbor gave me the business on mcc one though my god.

At the end of this clip: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Oh%20for/video/17056536

Normally, if you hold forward going off front shotties, you land on one of the os plat. However since kill penalties were enabled, I'm walking slower than default so I don't make the jump at the end

Ah. Man, how do they even make this mistake...again? On the bright side, we can only hope that they have to look at MCC to remedy it and perhaps other things...wishful thinking of course.