CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Finally set up xlink....it's lit

Alright, if xlink is still alive, any tips on where to purchase an OG box. Also, will xlink run on a linux machine? Will I need to play on the same version of halo as everybody else? Like can somebody on a modded copy of halo play with somebody running on non modded version?

Alright, if xlink is still alive, any tips on where to purchase an OG box. Also, will xlink run on a linux machine? Will I need to play on the same version of halo as everybody else? Like can somebody on a modded copy of halo play with somebody running on non modded version?

Nah you'll need to mod your box. Not sure about linux. But everyone needs to be using the same mod.

Modding the box is easy, but you'll need male-xbox to female-usb cable and a compatible usb stick to do the softmod. And splinter cell non-platinum edition.

Is there a reason for the crouch/uncrouch delay when throwing a nade in Halo 1? I've been wondering about it for a while now and I fail to see how this feature improves the game, it just seems like a minor annoyance to me.

Nah you'll need to mod your box. Not sure about linux. But everyone needs to be using the same mod.

Modding the box is easy, but you'll need male-xbox to female-usb cable and a compatible usb stick to do the softmod. And splinter cell non-platinum edition.

Nice, with a little research, it looks like I can get it running on my linux machine. And I know how to soft mod boxes, so that wont be a problem. Just don't tell me people are going to be glass walling and shit on there?

Nice, with a little research, it looks like I can get it running on my linux machine. And I know how to soft mod boxes, so that wont be a problem. Just don't tell me people are going to be glass walling and shit on there?

its not like xbc where you'll be finding randoms. You organize xlink battles through the discord chat in stuntman's sig

Can we get an E3 announcement that the biggest patch yet is coming to MCC and it fixes everything? Damn I miss Bungie Halo's.

That would probably be the best PR move. Go on stage and talk about how sorry they are and that they failed and bla bla bla. Then go on to say a huge fix is coming (that night preferably) that fixes shit and adds at least 5-6 more maps to H2A.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure Xlink can be run using Wine.

That would probably be the best PR move. Go on stage and talk about how sorry they are and that they failed and bla bla bla. Then go on to say a huge fix is coming (that night preferably) that fixes shit and adds at least 5-6 more maps to H2A.

We went through this mentality last E3 lmao
  • Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of us from XBC have a community discord if anyone's interested in joining, I think we're getting close to 100 people. We do a lot of custom MLG 4v4 and FFAs, we also set up games using dedicated servers in hardcore.

https://discord.gg/0uqMLfsvV2PeKrdl (requires no download and hides your IP, just need to make an account)

Running FFAs right now, msg me for an inv.

GT: XBL Gregor

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a reason for the crouch/uncrouch delay when throwing a nade in Halo 1? I've been wondering about it for a while now and I fail to see how this feature improves the game, it just seems like a minor annoyance to me.

It's a glitch.  Yeah, it's annoying.  Especially in shotgun room on Chill Out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks man, I was starting to think no one would answer my question. And your example is precisely what I was thinking of.

• Upvote (+1) 1

24e9ufl.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah seems like a glitch. But, like the 180 glitch, it's been around for far too long to consider fixing it. People have been moving in a certain way and avoiding situations because of those bugs, and fixing them would be a game changer. In the case of the 180 glitch, I don't really mind it I think it's hilarious when someone chokes when in mid-air with the rockets and completely misses you lol

I'd rather have crouch + 180 glitch removed. I like how on mcc I dont have to worry about 180. It makes movement feel more crisp.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you're out of your mind if you think this is actually going to happen

• Upvote (+1) 1

you're out of your mind if you think this is actually going to happen

I honestly don't know why it shouldn't happen. They would draw so many people back and they would gain so much respect. But I guess that's the smart thing to do so 343 wouldn't do it.

I honestly don't know why it shouldn't happen. They would draw so many people back and they would gain so much respect. But I guess that's the smart thing to do so 343 wouldn't do it.

if they could fix what was busted they would have done it already, imo. would love it if they poured more time into it but i don't think it will ever happen.

if they could fix what was busted they would have done it already, imo. would love it if they poured more time into it but i don't think it will ever happen.

I mean nothing is unfixable...they could have fixed this game had they put some actual effort into it.

>inb4 "you're not a dev they clearly worked hard"

• Upvote (+1) 6

I mean nothing is unfixable...they could have fixed this game had they put some actual effort into it.

>inb4 "you're not a dev they clearly worked hard"

Speaking for halo 2:

The core gameplay out of box was good, i would say even better than i expected. Registration was good and host was less overpowered for example. The main issue was connection interruption, getting booted or DC'd randomly etc. Their first three patches completely destroyed the gameplay in an effort to fix that. Registration got obliterated, game breaking glitches like respawn locking got introduced etc. The ensuing 3 patches were mostly an effort to fix what they screwed up, and it largely got fixed to be fair. What we have now is playable and enjoyable but overall the core gameplay, registration being the prime factor and excluding connectivity, is not as good as it was out of the box. Ultimately we are farther away from the halo 2 gameplay experience than we were on day 1, for the sake of playing the devil's advocate here.

concerning halo 2, they won't re-approach patching the game's remaining issues for fear of completely screwing something up again. If they do and they succeed then nothing would please me more, but i truly don't believe they can do any better than what halo 2 is now.

• Upvote (+1) 2