CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I can't even look back at the old posts it makes me feel bad that I had a sense of false hope for this game. I remember launch night telling one of my buddies that I haven't played halo with since 2005 that it's okay it'll probably be a few days and then the servers will be fine. Still haven't played halo with him much since.

Won't even lie though call me salty but I thoroughly enjoy posts that shit all over 343 and Halo 5. Lol I absolutely can't stand 343 and I honest to god wish to see them fail but that's not going to happen. I need to adapt apparently if I want to play Halo again on the Xbox One...fuck that. I miss when the community was in agreement that we all hated 343 after the disaster that was H4 and MCC but some people I guess are more forgiving than others.

One of my friends bought an xbox one just for MCC. Felt really bad that it turned into a $400 paperweight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it possible to find games in hardcore?

Yes it is. Sometimes I can get games quite quickly and other times it's pretty painful.

I kind of wish developing Halo was like the American presidential term, in that there was only a set period they could develop the series, and then they were out for a new team to come in and have a go. If this were the case, I'd actual get excited for Halo again knowing there is no way in hell they could fuck this series up worse than 343.

After the last 2 abominations with the Halo name attached to it, I have lost all interest in this franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Won't even lie though call me salty but I thoroughly enjoy posts that shit all over 343 and Halo 5. Lol I absolutely can't stand 343 and I honest to god wish to see them fail but that's not going to happen. I need to adapt apparently if I want to play Halo again on the Xbox One...fuck that. I miss when the community was in agreement that we all hated 343 after the disaster that was H4 and MCC but some people I guess are more forgiving than others.

Amen. I don't think there is anyone on this planet that I hate as much as 343. Halo 5 is just as garbage as H4, if not worse. Halo 5 is tanking, both in sales and population, and rightfully so. Every Halo from 343 has been complete ass. HCEA, H4, MCC, and H5. Even Reach is a million times more fun than any Halo game that 343 has made, and that is saying something. I can't wait until Halo 6 comes out and does even worse than Halo 5. Eventually, they will all be fired and that will be the silver lining to them ruining my favorite game. I can imagine them having "343 Industries" on their resume and interviewers will be like "so...you're the guys who ruined Halo."

• Upvote (+1) 4

Still find consistent games in Halo 1. Less than a minute search time the whole day until around midnight and then it slows down but I still get games.

Learning Halo 1 is the best thing I've ever done, and I encourage everyone here to give it a try and get into it. There's a plethora of information online that makes it easier and really helps you get adjusted to the gameplay. MCC Halo 1 is still a little wonky, but I have quite a few good games a day. It's nothing like the original, but the skill gap is still massive even in MCC. 

Interactive 3D model of all Halo 1 maps with all spawns

http://www.halospawns.com

Free power up timer that you can run on your phone browser

http://eliteownage.com/halotimer.html

Missing No(top halo 1 player) youtube with tons of lan matches and detailed walk throughs of gameplay, spawns, and general tip/tricks, callouts, etc

https://www.youtube.com/user/Glendacunt

If anyone here is a beginner at Halo 1 and wants to get into it, message me on here anytime. No matter the skill level.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Still find consistent games in Halo 1. Less than a minute search time the whole day until around midnight and then it slows down but I still get games.

Learning Halo 1 is the best thing I've ever done, and I encourage everyone here to give it a try and get into it. There's a plethora of information online that makes it easier and really helps you get adjusted to the gameplay. MCC Halo 1 is still a little wonky, but I have quite a few good games a day. It's nothing like the original, but the skill gap is still massive even in MCC. 

Interactive 3D model of all Halo 1 maps with all spawns

http://www.halospawns.com

Free power up timer that you can run on your phone browser

http://eliteownage.com/halotimer.html

Missing No(top halo 1 player) youtube with tons of lan matches and detailed walk throughs of gameplay, spawns, and general tip/tricks, callouts, etc

https://www.youtube.com/user/Glendacunt

If anyone here is a beginner at Halo 1 and wants to get into it, message me on here anytime. No matter the skill level.

Can't agree more. I've been playing CE since 2001, though not competitively, and it's really a breath of fresh air to have something to learn about the game again.

I also rarely have trouble finding games in the CE playlist. The only time I can't get a match is when matchmaking is shitting the bed (ex: no matches in other playlists either).

• Upvote (+1) 1

If only Halo "fans" would take some notes from your Nintendo counterparts, you guys would finally learn how to force someone out of a position they're clearly unqualified for. We need a concentrated vocalization against certain people. As Microsoft is a huge organization, even the individuals at the upper levels of their Halo division are still just mid-level employees, ergo FAIR GAME.

Not that my critical statements against Bonnie Ross and her gang of diddlers ever remain posted for long (they're usually censored within a few hours). Yet soon as the criticism is focused on the people responsible for stewarding the franchise - rather than the studio they put together - is when we as a fan base will begin to see the changes we want.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can find games in the CE playlist but they're always mismatched levels and sometimes I can hear the other team talk.

I can find games in the CE playlist but they're always mismatched levels and sometimes I can hear the other team talk.

That's an audio setting. Change it to Team Only or something along those lines.

That's an audio setting. Change it to Team Only or something along those lines.

There's an audio setting where I literally hear the other team like normal team chat and get all their callouts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's an audio setting where I literally hear the other team like normal team chat and get all their callouts?

You have to use the right audio setting for the right situation

Kind of. If you have that audio option enabled, you can hear anyone else with that option enabled.

Everyone should switch to team only.

Kind of. If you have that audio option enabled, you can hear anyone else with that option enabled.

Everyone should switch to team only.

To be clear, I'm not talking about proximity chat.

I'm talking straight up, "I hear everyone on the other team loud and clear regardless of where they are".

There's actually an option for this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm talking straight up, "I hear everyone on the other team loud and clear regardless of where they are".

Yup. I think it's default, too?

• Upvote (+1) 1

First of all, why

in the living fuck

would they ever make that an option

Secondly, this was happening intermittently, so even if it's a dedicated option, it's apparently still buggy as shit.

• Upvote (+1) 7

First of all, why

in the living fuck

Secondly, this was happening intermittently, so even if it's a dedicated option, it's apparently still buggy as shit.

It's MCC.

Come on, Lemon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You would have gotten me if it weren't for the post above.

Kind of irrelevant at this point anyways. All the people who wanted to criticize them already have, and have been heavily censored spanning the last two+ years or so. Now, just as the even the most "optimistic" fans/forum mods are beginning to see the reality of just how poorly Bonnie Ross and her mischievous team have performed, it is little the fanbase can say as the franchise has devolved so far.

Microsoft all but snubbed them at /build by omitting them from their "greatest developers on the planet" highlight reel. Now that Corporate has acknowledged a problem, it will be interesting to see whether they:

• replace senior staff and attempt to salvage the franchise
  • shutter the Halo division altogether & sell the IP
  • reboot under a different studio in a few years
  • let the downward spiral continue by leaving things unchanged
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Fairly certain this only works if both parties have the setting enabled, and I don't think it's ON by default either. Need to investigate

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huge MCC patch just dropped. Downloading now, #weback

#ThingsQuinnWouldTweet

First of all, why

in the living fuck

if they have it disabled, you can't hear them. if you have it disabled, you can't hear them. if you have have it enabled, youcan hear each other