CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I miss Halo.

Halo online has been getting absolutely insane

Especially with the steam controller

so much more natural and easier than joystick, no autoaim/bullet magnetism, customizability nearly limitless

i'm shocked the vets arent all over that ish right now

what gives?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anyone else have problems with MCC? I start searching and after 5 seconds it puts me back to lobby. This game worked fine yesterday...

Edit. Looks like it is xbox live problem.

Played some h2c 4v4s today. Had so much fun. So much better than h5.

??? Coming from someone who was okay with the mechanics of Halo 4, I see nothing to indicate any problems with Halo 5's mechanics. Although, the boosters seem superfluous.

What would really be interesting is to see what the ever smaller population prefers. If a playlist that disables thrusters was made to see if remaining pop gravitates towards, those beta "surveys" would either be confirmed or revealed as fraudulent. But they'd definitely be confirmed because Josh Holmes has never lied about the authenticity of "surveys" ;)

??? Coming from someone who was okay with the mechanics of Halo 4, I see nothing to indicate any problems with Halo 5's mechanics. Although, the boosters seem superfluous.

What would really be interesting is to see what the ever smaller population prefers. If a playlist that disables thrusters was made to see if remaining pop gravitates towards, those beta "surveys" would either be confirmed or revealed as fraudulent. But they'd definitely be confirmed because Josh Holmes has never lied about the authenticity of "surveys" ;)

Classic settings playlists are never popular. It's not really representative about anything though, people would rather play vanilla settings on any game.

That being said the amount of people still playing h5 should show that the vanilla settings in this game aren't good. Which puts us in a lose-lose situation

Halo online has been getting absolutely insane

Especially with the steam controller

so much more natural and easier than joystick, no autoaim/bullet magnetism, customizability nearly limitless

i'm shocked the vets arent all over that ish right now

what gives?

I thought that game was cancelled?

This game might as well be called "Halo 3 Collection" because that's all people vote for. 

EDIT: Oh my mistake, they also vote for HeH CTF. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Market research? Care to attach a name to that responsibility?

I don't really know what you're asking me.

Video game companies (and just about every other industry that sells product) use market research as a tool to help determine the best way to sell their product to a particular demographic that they consider desirable.  In the FPS genre, the general trend based upon that research has been to add more movement abilities (players want to feel like superheroes).  This has been mentioned by developers multiple times over the last few years.  Sorry, I don't have any links to back up these statements, so feel free to disregard them - I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I don't agree with what their market research says.  The demographic they're designing the game for doesn't include people like myself that prefer the gameplay of the original Halo games (I'm too old to be invested in video games I guess), and so it overlooks a huge potential for Halo in particular, since it's THE game that so many old timers grew up on.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This game might as well be called "Halo 3 Collection" because that's all people vote for.

EDIT: Oh my mistake, they also vote for HeH CTF.

Last time I checked, they did vote Halo 4 all the time. Nice to see they vote something else lol

Sorry, I don't have any links to back up these statements, so feel free to disregard them - I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

Ha, nah, man, not a Wikipedia page.

But I find the unwillingness of the Halo community to point fingers a disservice to itself and one reason behind the franchise's continued spiral.

Is is that difficult to criticize a person's abilities without referencing arbitrary business functions?

• Rather than mentioning a quality control problem, it could simply be said that the testers are seriously lacking synchronicity with the gen pop.
  • Or rather than blasting market research, it can be inferred that the person responsible for gauging feedback ignored key segments - whoever that person happens to be.
  • Onwards and upwards to the very top.

Or to be blunt, why are these people seemingly above reproach? Not even the president gets the sort of censorship that has been enacted upon criticism of Microsoft employees working on the Halo franchise. Mind boggling.

Does anyone else get a sick thrill out of reading all of the pre-launch posts in this thread?

Or just after launch and seeing posts like this: 

You guys are overreacting. Server and Bug problems happen to most big games upon launch. Be thankful it's not GTA Online

• Upvote (+1) 4

Was the server quote @@Moa?

I don't think so. I'd do so much to remove that post.

No, but the user's name did start with M-O, so close enough IMHOtep... :kappa:

MOSES!?!?!?1

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't even look back at the old posts it makes me feel bad that I had a sense of false hope for this game. I remember launch night telling one of my buddies that I haven't played halo with since 2005 that it's okay it'll probably be a few days and then the servers will be fine. Still haven't played halo with him much since.

Won't even lie though call me salty but I thoroughly enjoy posts that shit all over 343 and Halo 5. Lol I absolutely can't stand 343 and I honest to god wish to see them fail but that's not going to happen. I need to adapt apparently if I want to play Halo again on the Xbox One...fuck that. I miss when the community was in agreement that we all hated 343 after the disaster that was H4 and MCC but some people I guess are more forgiving than others.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I can't even look back at the old posts it makes me feel bad that I had a sense of false hope for this game. I remember launch night telling one of my buddies that I haven't played halo with since 2005 that it's okay it'll probably be a few days and then the servers will be fine. Still haven't played halo with him much since.

Won't even lie though call me salty but I thoroughly enjoy posts that shit all over 343 and Halo 5. Lol I absolutely can't stand 343 and I honest to god wish to see them fail but that's not going to happen. I need to adapt apparently if I want to play Halo again on the Xbox One...fuck that. I miss when the community was in agreement that we all hated 343 after the disaster that was H4 and MCC but some people I guess are more forgiving than others.

Same thing happened to me. I had a few buddies over, first we watched the H5 beta premier (I saw the leak here but was still in denial about it) and we all thought "this isn't halo" and were pissed. Then we couldn't play online at all so we played a few customs games and every one left early. A few of those people never bought h5 and don't even play Halo anymore despite being big fans in the past. That was such a crappy night. 

• Upvote (+1) 4