CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Social as in 80% of the playerbase knows what they are doing going against players who aren't even running power timers?

Halo 1 playlist is about 80% fake accounts teabagging after every kill, so I'll have to disagree on that one.

As someone who started playing Halo 1 with MCC back when it was more chill and now regularly lans, that playlist is fucking trash. Sad that a lot of people's first experience with Halo 1 is/was getting absolutely destroyed by regular lanners on fake accounts who teabag after every single kill.

I can't argue that MCC's matchmaking is shit and that CE has a very punishing learning curve when new players are thrown in with the wolves.

But teabaggers and laggers aren't exclusive to the CE playlist.

As someone who only started playing CE seriously when MCC came out, the 2v2 playlist is a welcome reality check and playing against high-level players is a learning experience I otherwise never would have had (read: high level players, not high-rank players that got their 35+ because of their shitty connection).

Social as in 80% of the playerbase knows what they are doing going against players who aren't even running power timers?

Halo 1 playlist is about 80% fake accounts teabagging after every kill, so I'll have to disagree on that one.

As someone who started playing Halo 1 with MCC back when it was more chill and now regularly lans, that playlist is fucking trash. Sad that a lot of people's first experience with Halo 1 is/was getting absolutely destroyed by regular lanners on fake accounts who teabag after every single kill.

It's certainly different, but CE has always been a very steep learning curve if you're playing against better players. I will say one thing, if you stick with it and read up about the spawns and timing, you will increase in skill fairly quickly. I think the best way to learn is to play against better players. Yeah, it's not perfect on the MCC, but it's better than playing any other Halo game.

Yeah, it's not perfect on the MCC

Far from it. I know I'm preaching to the choir but it's very unfortunate that all the most accessible means of playing the game have major pitfalls:

1) PC: sketchy netcode + tons of issues

2) MCC: sketchy netcode + tons of issues

3) XLink: host-advantage

Halo1final on LAN is the best way to go, but not as accessible. I've found Xlink to offer the least-frustrating experience, because at the least the host-advantage is predictable, whereas warping on PC or disappearing rockets on MCC aren't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any new updates, I'm dying to play? It's been since November tbh

I can almost assure you there will never be another MCC update. They are working on the new Halo already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can almost assure you there will never be another MCC update. They are working on the new Halo already.

But but but the mcc team is a a separate entity and and and is hard at work on the next update.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Just played some CE on MCC.  I am sad to say that that it is still pretty laggy but the 3 games I played were more fun than any H5 i've played recently.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just played some CE on MCC.  I am sad to say that that it is still pretty laggy but the 3 games I played were more fun than any H5 i've played recently.

Sometimes you get decent games and sometimes some pretty horrid ones, but I'm finding that overall I'm raging far less than I was with H5.

That, and I can aim my gun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got the chance to LAN some H1 Final on Wednesday.  It was the fastest 4 hours of my entire life.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I got the chance to LAN some H1 Final on Wednesday. It was the fastest 4 hours of my entire life.

Y u no play with me anymore

Wish more people played h2 for customs. Got on to play some mcc tonight and had a blast not lagging in every game like h5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Another halo?

Jesus how long are they gonna milk this franchise?

343 said when they signed on they're going to make another trilogy, h6 will complete that. Ofc they will go longer than that though because as you said, if it's still selling then they are going to milk it for all it's worth.

Jesus how long are they gonna milk this franchise?

Oh ok, lets just stop making Halo games because we've exceeded X amount of games.

Clearly there's no more story to tell.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

welcome

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still don't know how 343 got away with shipping a completely broken product and it still isn't completely functional. Oh well, it's a lot more fun than Halo 5.

With cross-platform play becoming a thing do you think MS would release MCC for PC and then allow cross-play? Would be great for the population, but there'd be the issue of mouse vs controller.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 said when they signed on they're going to make another trilogy, h6 will complete that. Ofc they will go longer than that though because as you said, if it's still selling then they are going to milk it for all it's worth.

Yes they originally said that, but that has since changed. It is now a saga, so we won't be done at Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 1