CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I switched from Halo 5 to MCC this morning. This is fantastic fun.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've been there for a few weeks now. I feel happy about my decision.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I want to hear this all day than the god awful (I've heard it 100,000 times) main menu OST :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqm5Id6Hw0

Been trying to get into MCC again but it's hard going for ranks when everyone plays TS like H5 warzone & no one LFGs. Best times to search Hardcore? i can never find games.

I want to hear this all day than the god awful (I've heard it 100,000 times) main menu OST :(

Been trying to get into MCC again but it's hard going for ranks when everyone plays TS like H5 warzone & no one LFGs. Best times to search Hardcore? i can never find games.

Join the dark side my son. Come to the CE playlist, where games are plentiful and ranks meaningless.

PS: Also "Covenant Dance" > "Under Cover Of Night"

Now that the 1MM is gone I wanna see how many people stick around for that terrible game. Unless there's much more money to be won.

Join the dark side my son. Come to the CE playlist, where games are plentiful and ranks meaningless.

PS: Also "Covenant Dance" > "Under Cover Of Night"

Just finished a game of CE there.

Got destroyed in a 2v1 since my teammate ragequit on me because the other team kept nading themselves Snipe  :wutface: Need to tempt my friends off Halo 5 so one of them can join me for a CE grind this weekend. 

PS: How dare you  :uncledrew:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qq8ZcIfLDUo

Talking about goat soundtracks this is soooooo good.

Just finished a game of CE there.

Got destroyed in a 2v1 since my teammate ragequit on me because the other team kept nading themselves Snipe  :wutface: Need to tempt my friends off Halo 5 so one of them can join me for a CE grind this weekend. 

PS: How dare you  :uncledrew:

I was always pretty decent at Halo CE. I've got a decent shot and had some knowledge of how spawns worked, but once I learned some of the nade spots (like HeH on Red Base) my decent went to alright. Crazy how though little tid bits add a lot of depth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like there has been more and more old school halo players transitioning back to MCC by the amount of times HCE is getting picked in the team slayer playlist.

I came in at H3, and still love it despite its flaws, but I'd have to say that HCE has become my favourite halo game since playing MCC.

Lol who should I be adding for the H2 customs? My CE list is pretty good, but I need some Middy FFA in my life

The CE playlist is more social than H5's social playlists.

Social as in 80% of the playerbase knows what they are doing going against players who aren't even running power timers?

Halo 1 playlist is about 80% fake accounts teabagging after every kill, so I'll have to disagree on that one.

As someone who started playing Halo 1 with MCC back when it was more chill and now regularly lans, that playlist is fucking trash. Sad that a lot of people's first experience with Halo 1 is/was getting absolutely destroyed by regular lanners on fake accounts who teabag after every single kill.

"Social" as in it's a completely mixed bag and you never know who you're going to face off with at whatever level. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Social" as in it's a completely mixed bag and you never know who you're going to face off with at whatever level.

How is this appealing in Halo 5 or any game for that matter? You either face people better than you or worse than you. It's more fun facing people your actual skill level.

Social in Halo 5 sucks because of the game mechanics more than anything.

How is this appealing in Halo 5 or any game for that matter? You either face people better than you or worse than you. It's more fun facing people your actual skill level.

Social in Halo 5 sucks because of the game mechanics more than anything.

I didn't say anything about what's appealing. But a "real" social playlist isn't ranked in any sense of the word...and the CE playlist feels like it's not ranked, in any sense of the word. 

lemon is right....and its because of the 1-50 ranks and how 343 implemented it. You can be a lvl 30, search solo and match a 10, 5 and 1...why? Because for some genius reason 343 doesn't limit the ranks you search to 10 numbers of your rank (like h3 did) all the time...instead it will most of the time quick match you with available players and THEN it matches the rest of the players with that first guy the game finds. So basically, you being a 30 will hit search, then the matchmaking system does it's thing and if the game sees a lvl 10 out there searching, it will match you with that guy then matches it will match the rest of the players within that guys rank range. This is why being a 30 you won't see plenty matches against players ranked 20-30 or 30-40 and why you will see a lot more against players from 1-20 and it's why games can feel easy or difficult based on the players in the game. It's pure nonsense.

At first I thought the ranks were meaningless and that you would just match anyone, but after paying close attention to the numbers I realized this was happening. The next time any of you guys search solo o with a party and find players below 10 ranges of your rank, just look for the guy within 10 ranges of that players rank and you will realize the fuckery that 343 created.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Now that the 1MM is gone I wanna see how many people stick around for that terrible game. Unless there's much more money to be won.

As long as there's developer backed money to be won, people will play.

Halo 5 is a lot better than Halo 4 and even that has tournys.

500 days since release.

@@Frankie Can we at least get some information on where the game is or would that be too entitled?

This is 343 Industries we're talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Same. Not going back any time soon. Except to maybe LAN or do some Warzone with friends.

• Upvote (+1) 2