CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I noticed you can't see individual game stats on waypoint. Are there any other sites that do for MCC?

Some of these h5 kids (assuming the game has been out long enough and people defend the bad settings enough for them to be called that now) get extremely salty when they are told what's wrong with the settings/game and refuse to accept it. It's like they have a blind ignorance they refuse to acknowledge.

Imagine if h2 or h3 had smg/ar starts with radar in mlg settings...

I don't know how much broader search ranges can get.  I recently got matched with players in the 40's in the halo 2 playlist while my rank was only a 17.  

I've played a 25, 19, 17 and 10 vs four 50s before, this was about nine months ago so it's been an extremely broad search range for a long time now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"In the first consolidation, Rumble Pit, the least popular playlist, will be removed, and several (but not all, such as game-specific playlists) of the other playlists will be moved to a rotating, regularly updated calendar."

WHOA wait, is this saying that game specific playlists WILL be moved from their fixed place to rotation on a calender, or I am reading that wrong and it's actually saying that ONLY cross game playlists will be moved from their fixed place and onto a rotational calender with game specific playlists being left their for sure? Because if it is saying that they're putting game specific playlists on rotation then that pretty much defeats the majority of the point of MCC for me. Hopefully I am reading that wrong though.

And yeh, the matchmaking parameters really don't need widening haha, they need narrowing. Like me and my buddy consistently come up against high ranks, often in the 40-50 range and we're only 18 and 20. Toughest time I've ever had getting to level 20 on Halo :L

• Upvote (+1) 1

I noticed you can't see individual game stats on waypoint. Are there any other sites that do for MCC?

No, they didn't release the API for it. That's why there are no stats period.

I miss playing Halo. Have they fixed anything yet?

I decided to give Halo CE another try on MCC after many months of not playing and I'm noticing that 80% of the games, my shots still aren't registering and it takes 10 shots on ave to kill someone, but I'm getting 3'd all over the map. Then in 20% of the games, shots register just fine and I'm able to get double kills with 1 clip with plenty of bullets to spare and I get messages saying shots aren't registering on me.  Not sure how to tell when I'm host or not in match making.  I have 900 mbps connection so I'm not sure what determines host but it seems like the better your connection, the easier you are to hit.  

SYBTRwE.jpg

Top rated post on r/halo is this

When are they actually going to do this man? @@Frankie

"after we fix it all"

foeUd68.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I looked for quite a long time, and no.  Within MCC itself, if you go through your menu screens you can get to some stats broken down by game (but not k/d).

Matched EvaduR in Hardcore yesterday. He doesnt like Dinos much :(

It really is a shame that Bungie never added something to force Spartans in gametypes.

At least Reach kind of did.

Welcome to H3, the best Halo ever made!

• Downvote (-1) 1

If anyones up for some CE 2v2 customs tomorrow hmu

Sick of either taking forever to find a game, having blow out games, or having shitty partners

If anyones up for some CE 2v2 customs tomorrow hmu

Sick of either taking forever to find a game, having blow out games, or having shitty partners

I think I'll be down for about an hour tonight around 8pm EST.

What's the state of online co-op campaign in MCC? Thinking about picking it up to mess around in campaign with some friends but I don't follow this game much.

What's the state of online co-op campaign in MCC? Thinking about picking it up to mess around in campaign with some friends but I don't follow this game much.

I think the co-op works pretty decent now I believe. Once they fixed the crashing and corrupt saves, I think it was fine after that. Not sure if there is still that intense lag though for the off-host player.

I think the co-op works pretty decent now I believe. Once they fixed the crashing and corrupt saves, I think it was fine after that. Not sure if there is still that intense lag though for the off-host player.

When I tried it with someone in my town, the off-host player had lag similar to XLink/XBC, but we managed to get through a few levels. Not optimal but meh.

EDIT: for CE

If i was him i probably would of just turned off the Xbox lol. 

The amount of shots you ate.... good lord.

It's still pretty wonky. The biggest issue my friend and I encountered was when we couldn't actually start a mission from the "Resume" option. We had to go to Mission Select and load up the level from there, or else we'd be disconnected and booted back to the main lobby. And even then, it wasn't guaranteed that it'd actually work.

There's also a somewhat common issue in Halo 2 Co-Op, where the two players will actually de-sync from each other in a specific mission, making it practically unplayable.

I also found that as soon as we decided to add a third player to our Halo 3 legendary run, the game started slowing down considerably. Not to mention how we ended up disconnecting when we made it to the part of the Covenant mission where you fight the two scarabs. And this was with the same person we ran Halo 5 Co Op from beginning to end with no problems, so its apparently an issue MCC has if there are more than two players playing over LIVE.

It's only absurdly laggy if you're playing on 100+ ping, which is madness. The only reason we don't have more variety is because everyone has the same attitude and avoids it. If we had more people online we'd have more choices in terms of host.

02-04 internet was much slower than now. A lot of us grew up playing in 90-100 ping. Slish slash and i were 2 of them. I had 256k slish had 128k up.

One name stands out in my head and its probably a popular opinion with others...regardless of the "xeno glass walled" crap he always pinged ridiculously high...he had a disgustingly good pistol in 100+ ping though...and that is coming from me. I wont claim to be or ever have been a great player but i did place well and play well at a couple major tournaments, went to way too many LANs and smaller tourneys (i live in northern ohio, you can figure out the attendees to a lot of those now). No one can take that from me. My point being really, i have a ton o experience on LAN, and xeno, that kids 100 ping pistol was on par with a lot of peoples LAN pistol. Im sure a lot of you guys if you didnt play h1 back then, know him on MCC now.

Anyway slish and i won most of our games together(not 2 boxing). Its not impossible to play in that ping. It WAS literally impossible to win at times if the host was a really good player or had a solid 2 box, but it was actually an excellent tool to get better by forcing you to find ways to win other than your gun skill. Btw if anyone who i actually know reads this or just watches my stream its an oxymoron for me to say "win in other ways than relying on gun skill." Im aware :p but that is besides the point. I do understand how to play h1 and i know nearly all there is to know about it, regardless of whether how i play in 2016 reflects that.

Another thing that helped a lot really too; there was no communication. Skype was around at some point i remember, but brand new. I rarely used it. Sometimes id actually call my partner on speaker and talk (mostly only on weekends and nights had to save those minutes back then) but for the most part you just got better with someone by being forced to have a more adaptable playstyle.

I still find myself dying a lot (when im not b lining for a sniper and or walking around the map like human turret which is usually) due to the fact that i basically had to relearn everything in h1 when i hooked xbc back up a couple years ago and cant adapt to the fact that people can hear where im at and what im doing with their headset 90% of the time. That stuff probably gets me started on the rage train more than anything now a days.

Sorry for the long post. Im not pressing anything im just giving a little different view of playing in high ping. If you read it and appreciate it thank you. Im just trying to maybe give a little incentive maybe for anyone who instantly is turned away by high ping on xlink, which i know stunt man has a group of people playing now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Btw i still need my dream gametype, an "octagon" for h1. I have this extra $5, not sure what to do with it...stunt man you wouldnt know who i should give that to for an octagon project would you? :)