CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I was trolling and made it to believable.

Well using situational clues like your tiny rep bar and the fact that people actually say that stuff, not to mention its written over text, it's pretty easy to be fooled

Well using situational clues like your tiny rep bar and the fact that people actually say that stuff, not to mention its written over text, it's pretty easy to be fooled

Hopefully people don't use rep to determine if people know what they are talking about or if they are credible in what they say. Browsing the threads here, memes generate far more rep than valuable conversations.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hopefully people don't use rep to determine if people know what they are talking about or if they are credible in what they say. Browsing the threads here, memes generate far more rep than valuable conversations.

Looking at your rep wasn't about credibility, it was about determining how new you are. New people are generally guys who dont understand how the way CE balances itself is different than other Halo's and they offer solutions on how to make it "balanced" like other Halo's

• Downvote (-1) 1

Looking at your rep wasn't about credibility, it was about determining how new you are. New people are generally guys who dont understand how the way CE balances itself is different than other Halo's and they offer solutions on how to make it "balanced" like other Halo's

Gotta interject.

New Team Beyond member =/= new Halo player. And rep isn't an indication of anything, he's right about memes generating more rep than valuable posts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gotta interject.New Team Beyond member =/= new Halo player. And rep isn't an indication of anything, he's right about memes generating more rep than valuable posts.

Absolutely but i can usually count on new TB members to be unfamiliar with H1 so I figured it was serious

Also i wasnt doing detective level shit, yeah he probably could have been a poster who never gets noticed but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Just seemed very circumstantially accurate

Playing MCC again reminds me how much I like video games that look like actual video games. Halo 1 has the best overall graphic design of any video game I've played. Halo 2 is a close 2nd. Halo 3 is as much realism as I'd ever want.

I've never understood the people who want video games to look like real life.

Agreed.  Each halo game feels muddier and maps feel busier than their predecessors.  I like amazing graphics for adventure games and whatnot, but I prefer the older styles for fps multiplayer.  Halo 3 was the last halo game that I felt looked like a halo game to me, without even considering gameplay.  

Well, I tried playing MCC again since Halo 5 is annoying me. Holy fuck this game is awful. Played H3. Terrible connection and the hit detection/bullet speed is still the worst thing I have ever seen. Tried CE next. Laggy connection and your shots still literally dance around your opponent. Fuck this game.

Well, I tried playing MCC again since Halo 5 is annoying me. Holy fuck this game is awful. Played H3. Terrible connection and the hit detection/bullet speed is still the worst thing I have ever seen. Tried CE next. Laggy connection and your shots still literally dance around your opponent. Fuck this game.

343 just swept it under the rug, but maybe try @@valaea's copy? His game works flawlessly apparently.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will say that it isn't true, at least for me, of every match - network conditions vary quite a bit it seems. I can get good games now on MCC; certainly not every game, but enough to have a decent time. I've even had some games of H2C that had decent hit detection (but not many). Maybe play a series of 10+ and see how it is?

I will say that it isn't true, at least for me, of every match - network conditions vary quite a bit it seems. I can get good games now on MCC; certainly not every game, but enough to have a decent time. I've even had some games of H2C that had decent hit detection (but not many). Maybe play a series of 10+ and see how it is?

I was raging so hard after that one game so I just quit. Maybe I'll try again some time and really see how it goes. But man that wasn't a good "welcome back" experience.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I was raging so hard after that one game so I just quit. Maybe I'll try again some time and really see how it goes. But man that wasn't a good "welcome back" experience.

Consistency is something that shouldn't be expected from MCC unfortunately. In a whole evening of playing in the CE playlist, I usually come across all sorts of different connections. Some people warp, some people eat shots, some people you need to lead more.

The only thing that is consistent across ALL matches of CE is the broken bullet magnetism. Sigh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Over the past few weeks, the team has been monitoring MCC playlist and population data and preparing adjustments and playlist consolidations to help players find matches, and find them faster. We’re preparing a series of changes that include a backend adjustment to improve the speed at which matches are formed, as well as some playlist parameter adjustments. We’re also making changes to the following playlists by widening the search range a bit, allowing you to have more players to search with:
  • Team Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Team Doubles
  • Halo: CE
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4
  • Team Hardcore

For Team Hardcore, one of the least populated playlists, we’ll be opening up the playlist rules to allow players of nearly all skill levels to match with each other, in an effort to allow more games to be played. We’ll be keeping an eye on playlist data moving forward to determine which playlist can sustain their populations, as well as changes that can be made to ensure that matches are found as quickly as possible.

Lastly, we’re preparing a series of playlist consolidations which will focus on a smaller number of playlists and rotating existing experiences. In the first consolidation, Rumble Pit, the least popular playlist, will be removed, and several (but not all, such as game-specific playlists) of the other playlists will be moved to a rotating, regularly updated calendar. The playlist lineup will also be adjusted so that the ordering represents the most popular playlists, giving you an idea of which playlists might find matches faster. The team is also looking at further playlist updates and refinements regarding voting options, new playlists experiences such as Halo 3 Grifball Throwback and Head to Head.

Honestly at this point, I'd rather see Hardcore become just a voting option within their respective separate game playlists. I hate having a 50/50 chance of playing Halo 3 when all I want to do is play Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 4

CE did not need a broader search range. Bad decision by 343. This will only lead to more blowouts and quits.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So. They're gonna remove Rumble Pit because it's the least populated playlist instead of looking at why it's the least populated playlist and making tweaks to it, which is a bit disappointing to me because I love FFA and I was hoping that if they ever did do anything to Rumble Pit, they would try to improve it. But this company just doesn't think that way for some reason.

Let's look at how we could vastly improve Rumble Pit:

• Add CE and H2, they are the best games on The Collection and should have been included from day one
  • Remove SMG/AR starts entirely, because fuck that noise
  • Improve the map selection/rotation

Done.

Just watch them not include FFA in Halo 6 because it performed poorly in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't know how much broader search ranges can get.  I recently got matched with players in the 40's in the halo 2 playlist while my rank was only a 17.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

Honestly at this point, I'd rather see Hardcore become just a voting option within their respective separate game playlists. I hate having a 50/50 chance of playing Halo 3 when all I want to do is play Halo 2.

Dude we've been saying this since they made the announcement that they were going to add H3 to the Hardcore playlist. Hardcore was practically the only playlist I played when it was just H2 and it was goddamn amazing. Now it's just riddled with a bunch of noobs who cry every time it gets picked.

I have no problem with H3 Hardcore. But fans of those two playlist couldn't be more polar opposite of each other. The only funny thing is, whenever H3 gets picked, me and my friends stay and play the game (and usually beat the complainers anyway). But when H2 finally gets picked, they just rage quit in the first minute being down like 4-2 lol.

I will probably never understand this generation of Halo. The community and the developers.

So. They're gonna remove Rumble Pit because it's the least populated playlist instead of looking at why it's the least populated playlist and making tweaks to it, which is a bit disappointing to me because I love FFA and I was hoping that if they ever did do anything to Rumble Pit, they would try to improve it. But this company just doesn't think that way for some reason.

Let's look at how we could vastly improve Rumble Pit:

• Add CE and H2, they are the best games on The Collection and should have been included from day one
  • Remove SMG/AR starts entirely, because fuck that noise
  • Improve the map selection/rotation

Done.

Just watch them not include FFA in Halo 6 because it performed poorly in Halo 5.

Literally all they had to fix in MCC from the very beginning in FFA was just that one (bold) bullet point and that playlist would have been 1000000x better lol. And yes.. Include CE and Halo 2! Halo 2 being one of the cornerstone FFA gametypes.

SMG/AR starts are a thing in FFA still?

Yeesh.

Lol at opening up the skill level search range. It was already doing that. Lol. At bringing head to head back.. What about fixing the actual game.... Hate these people

Monitoring the playlist data of a game that is broken that you refuse to fix......

• Upvote (+1) 4

You guys who keep referring to '343' as some sort of sentient entity are fooling yourselves. That may be the only way to refer to Microsoft's Halo division in their official forums, but I would hope Team Beyond holds individuals to higher merits.

There is an organizational hierarchy that would be better served if they were called out for their responsibilities.

Final decisions - Bonnie Ross

Ideas guy/Influence - Frank O'Connor

Business decisions/partnerships - Kiki Wolfkill

Halo MCC & Halo Wars II - Dan Ayoub

Halo 5 - Josh Holmes

Internal communications/morale - Jessica Shea

Fanbase liaison - Brav

343 just swept it under the rug, but maybe try @@valaea's copy? His game works flawlessly apparently.

Upper hierarchy & Dan Ayoub

Nice. But Brav is so low in the organization that even in the off-chance he reads that tweet, his ability to do anything consequential in response is almost nil.

CE did not need a broader search range. Bad decision by 343. This will only lead to more blowouts and quits.

Dan Ayoub

EDIT: So an example:

It was a bad idea by Frank O'Connor to suggest commissioning another Halo comic. What's even worse is that Bonnie Ross approved. But Kiki Wolfkill probably arranged a contract that paid Dark Horse Comics next to nothing in return. Artists have always come cheap.