CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Getting thrashed in the CE playlist is a very humbling experience. And the skill range is incredibly varied. Some games I get shit on and other games I do really well, very few close games.

If only the ranking system was more representative of players' skill rather then their connections

• Upvote (+1) 2

If only the ranking system was more representative of players' skill rather then their connections

Yeah... It's pretty frustrating to play because of this. Still, I manage to have some fun playing it.

Why did 343 have to let me get a taste of what CE is supposed to be like only to never finish the damn game?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to see a technical analysis of how much connection matters. I wish we at least had bars showing how good of connection each player has in game - or better yet their average relative ping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love to see a technical analysis of how much connection matters. I wish we at least had bars showing how good of connection each player has in game - or better yet their average relative ping.

I suspect those players that just eat shots game after game don't necessarily have bad pings, but rather lossy connections. Ridiculous that there isn't a connection status indicator in a modern game.

343 failed to deliver on almost every single aspect of this collection.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I suspect those players that just eat shots game after game don't necessarily have bad pings, but rather lossy connections. Ridiculous that there isn't a connection status indicator in a modern game.

343 failed to deliver on almost every single aspect of this collection.

What if you were Timon or Pumbaa, and you enjoy delicious bugs? They delivered in that regard.

tumblr_lkyfpwTRNR1qaliojo1_500.gif

#iLoveTheMCCbecause...

"I'm Timon, and I love bugs."

#iLoveTheMCCbecause...

"I'm Simon & Garfunkel, and I love the sound of silence."

#iLoveTheMCCbecause...

"I'm a scarecrow made of straw, and I don't like finding matches."

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah... It's pretty frustrating to play because of this. Still, I manage to have some fun playing it.

Why did 343 have to let me get a taste of what CE is supposed to be like only to never finish the damn game?

While the pistol is definitely funky along with the netcode, the skillgap of Halo 1 is still very apparent on MCC. The pistol becomes frustrating when you play people around the same skill level as you and the outcome of the match is determined by connection or random kills resulting from the poor netcode. I still think it's a pretty solid game even on MCC. You can still absolutely destroy people if you have better map/spawn knowledge and use grenade tricks for weapons and powerups. I know the pistol is a huge part of the game, but the spawns are 99% the same and the nade tricks are 99% the same. Halo 1 on MCC is no Halo 1 on lan, but it's a pretty solid taste of what makes the skill gap big with Halo 1. The pistol being funky definitely takes a huge part of the skill gap away, but it's Halo 1, it still has a bigger skill gap than the other Halos even without the pistol, IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

While the pistol is definitely funky along with the netcode, the skillgap of Halo 1 is still very apparent on MCC. The pistol becomes frustrating when you play people around the same skill level as you and the outcome of the match is determined by connection or random kills resulting from the poor netcode. I still think it's a pretty solid game even on MCC. You can still absolutely destroy people if you have better map/spawn knowledge and use grenade tricks for weapons and powerups. I know the pistol is a huge part of the game, but the spawns are 99% the same and the nade tricks are 99% the same. Halo 1 on MCC is no Halo 1 on lan, but it's a pretty solid taste of what makes the skill gap big with Halo 1. The pistol being funky definitely takes a huge part of the skill gap away, but it's Halo 1, it still has a bigger skill gap than the other Halos even without the pistol, IMO. 

Yeah, no question. If the Pistol was consistent I would have very few complaints other than getting destroyed by players with like over 10 years of experience on this game haha. Just goes to show how shallow team-shot Halo is by comparison.

And now I'm thinking of what this franchise could have been like if the Pistol had become a series staple instead of the BR...

Yeah, no question. If the Pistol was consistent I would have very few complaints other than getting destroyed by players with like over 10 years of experience on this game haha. Just goes to show how shallow team-shot Halo is by comparison.

And now I'm thinking of what this franchise could have been like if the Pistol had become a series staple instead of the BR...

I still dream of the day that I wake up one morning, go onto the internet, and see an announcement that an independent studio got partial rights to Halo and is making Halo: Combat Evolved 2, strictly multiplayer. Ranked playlists, dedicated servers, server browser, the works lol. I think if some really smart people got together they could make some exciting new innovations to the series while keeping the skill gap the same. 3 or 4 new weapons that do more than shoot bullets in a straight line, 4vs4 with spawns similar to 2vs2(this one would be hard, but I think it's possible), quality maps, huge BTB battle modes, firefight etc. A man can dream lol.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Moa why have y'all been playing so much MCC lately?

Achievements. 19 to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still dream of the day that I wake up one morning, go onto the internet, and see an announcement that an independent studio got partial rights to Halo and is making Halo: Combat Evolved 2, strictly multiplayer. Ranked playlists, dedicated servers, server browser, the works lol. I think if some really smart people got together they could make some exciting new innovations to the series while keeping the skill gap the same. 3 or 4 new weapons that do more than shoot bullets in a straight line, 4vs4 with spawns similar to 2vs2(this one would be hard, but I think it's possible), quality maps, huge BTB battle modes, firefight etc. A man can dream lol.

damn you dream big, my big dream is that 343 just releases the source code for CE+HPC. My small dream is that XBC is brought back. Okay, actually my big dream is that 343 releases mcc for PC / gives the rights to someone else so it can be fixed because obviously 343 doesn't want to fix it.

When you are playing a game of CE on damnation and go up 15-3 on a team and one of their players quits while the other one hides the rest of the game... possibly the biggest waste of time I have ever experienced in gaming. Drives me insane when the second player won't just quit, and it has happened way too many times. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you are playing a game of CE on damnation and go up 15-3 on a team and one of their players quits while the other one hides the rest of the game... possibly the biggest waste of time I have ever experienced in gaming. Drives me insane when the second player won't just quit, and it has happened way too many times.

I just quit out now. Fuck wasting my time for ranks that don't mean anything.

My small dream is that XBC is brought back.

What's wrong with XLink? It literally uses the same technology as XBC for LAN tunneling, so please don't say lag. I just got it set up and have been having good fun with it, despite the fact that I haven't played an off-host game at anything less than 75 ping :(

I just quit out now. Fuck wasting my time for ranks that don't mean anything.

I've been wondering, after how many quits do you start getting punished? I thought there was system in place to stop quitters from jumping back into matchmaking? That's the only reason I don't quit out of those 2v1's...

The game should just end when someone quits out of a ranked match. Like how did they not think of this? I hate them so much.

What's wrong with XLink? It literally uses the same technology as XBC for LAN tunneling, so please don't say lag. I just got it set up and have been having good fun with it, despite the fact that I haven't played an off-host game at anything less than 75 ping :(

1. hard to setup. it's not just download and use like xbc was. Hell last time I was on it i couldn't get it to work after previously having it working + reinstalling 2 times.

2. because of #1, it's not as popular. Whenever I was on we just hosted from the main lobby since there was only going to be 4 of us anyway. I have never experienced the lobby

1. hard to setup. it's not just download and use like xbc was. Hell last time I was on it i couldn't get it to work after previously having it working + reinstalling 2 times.

2. because of #1, it's not as popular. Whenever I was on we just hosted from the main lobby since there was only going to be 4 of us anyway. I have never experienced the lobby

1. I don't get it. Most CE guys will deal with modding their Xbox but they can't get XLink to work? The documentation is detailed enough, I got it working first shot.

2. If people would bother following the instructions to get it set up we would have more people. It's a catch-22 without the catch.

I'm sure anyone in the facebook group or the Discord would lend a hand to help anyone having trouble.

1. I don't get it. Most CE guys will deal with modding their Xbox but they can't get XLink to work? The documentation is detailed enough, I got it working first shot.

2. If people would bother following the instructions to get it set up we would have more people. It's a catch-22 without the catch.

I'm sure anyone in the facebook group or the Discord would lend a hand to help anyone having trouble.

The reason most people don't use those tunneling programs anymore is because they are absurdly laggey and finicky. I'd rather play MCC Halo CE than 100+ ping Xbox Halo CE, where the only game is a 2v2 BG ctf match against a two-box host.

I still dream of the day that I wake up one morning, go onto the internet, and see an announcement that an independent studio got partial rights to Halo and is making Halo: Combat Evolved 2, strictly multiplayer. Ranked playlists, dedicated servers, server browser, the works lol. I think if some really smart people got together they could make some exciting new innovations...A man can dream lol.  

In other news today, Microsoft shuttered five of its internal studios.

Not one of them was its Halo division.

EDIT: These are separate from the three which were closed yesterday. So 8 in total.

Just had a weird moment in the MCC team slayer lobby - Some kid (who sounded like he was 10yo) told everyone to vote for H3 because it has the best graphics. Everyone then voted for H3.....

WTF.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just had a weird moment in the MCC team slayer lobby - Some kid (who sounded like he was 10yo) told everyone to vote for H3 because it has the best graphics. Everyone then voted for H3.....

WTF.

Hahahaha

The reason most people don't use those tunneling programs anymore is because they are absurdly laggey and finicky. I'd rather play MCC Halo CE than 100+ ping Xbox Halo CE, where the only game is a 2v2 BG ctf match against a two-box host.

It's only absurdly laggy if you're playing on 100+ ping, which is madness. The only reason we don't have more variety is because everyone has the same attitude and avoids it. If we had more people online we'd have more choices in terms of host.

meh, tunneling is nice because I don't get mcc rockets, beatdowns and grenades are consistent, camo never breaks, sniper isn't ridiculously OP, and the sounds...oh the sounds, so good. The only thing I dislike is the host advantage and single player fov.

and stuntman... I mean I had it working. then I got on later and it didn't work. I then uninstall/reinstalled and couldnt get it to work again. tried for a good while, let down my boys cujjer and sitri and whoever the 3rd was

meh, tunneling is nice because I don't get mcc rockets, beatdowns and grenades are consistent, camo never breaks, sniper isn't ridiculously OP, and the sounds...oh the sounds, so good. The only thing I dislike is the host advantage and single player fov.

and stuntman... I mean I had it working. then I got on later and it didn't work. I then uninstall/reinstalled and couldnt get it to work again. tried for a good while, let down my boys cujjer and sitri and whoever the 3rd was

Weird. You sure you set up your PC to have a static IP? Are you using a router or a switch?

H2 online Co op doesn't work?

Crashes every time I try.

What mission/playlist?