CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Barely. Have had a few, though. Most of the time they're blow out matches.

When I play, it always feels like the connection is more relevant to how close a game ends up being than the skill of the players. Which is a shame. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

When I play, it always feels like the connection is more relevant to how close a game ends up being than the skill of the players. Which is a shame.

Pretty much. I have to plan around if my shots will actually hit rather than if its a good strategy
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This irks me to no end. A bad connection should never give a player an advantage. Ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know if ranks are still 'placebo'? 

I played a few games last night and matched up against a few 15-20's in Team H2A and they were all pretty terrible. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anyone know if ranks are still 'placebo'?

I played a few games last night and matched up against a few 15-20's in Team H2A and they were all pretty terrible.

Look at the previous posts

They're worthless

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what I've seen (and correct me if I'm wrong), is that ranks seem to start being representational in the CE playlist above level 20. The problem is that you'll still get matched with lower levels, not to mention lack of party restrictions.

Could the problem be that it's not easy enough to down-rank?

From what I've seen (and correct me if I'm wrong), is that ranks seem to start being representational in the CE playlist above level 20. The problem is that you'll still get matched with lower levels, not to mention lack of party restrictions.Could the problem be that it's not easy enough to down-rank?

Its easy to downrank

Its just now anyone playing CE is either really good or really bad and people who are bad reach 20. A fucking 19 used his AR the entire game last week.

It also doesn't help that high levels vote flukey gametypes like HeH CTF in a 2v2. Not playing that shit

I've been playing Halo since 2007 and I've only just learned that the CE Shotgun is automatic.

:apg:

More mindblowing than finding out the Needle Rifle was automatic.

Same here in my experience whoever has host basically gets godmode in CE like they get constant 3sk's while no one else does it's so fucking annoying would be so nice if we actually had those dedicated servers we were promised and there would be no host advantage. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Same here in my experience whoever has host basically gets godmode in CE like they get constant 3sk's while no one else does it's so fucking annoying would be so nice if we actually had those dedicated servers we were promised and there would be no host advantage.

I'm actually not so sure that the game being played P2P. It could still be on dedicated servers but netcode doesn't handle bad connections gracefully. Devil's advocate, just sayin'

Host in MCC CE can also be quite deterimental, due to the lack of bullet magnetism. Particularly on Hang 'em High, where the lack of bullet magnetism makes cross-map pistol kills for the host more or less a game of chance.

Host in MCC CE can also be quite deterimental, due to the lack of bullet magnetism. Particularly on Hang 'em High, where the lack of bullet magnetism makes cross-map pistol kills for the host more or less a game of chance.

Wait bullet magnetism is completely disabled for host?

We're talking about the way the bullets curve towards the target as long as the reticle is red?

I'm sure everyone does this but I pay close attention to how long it takes from when I first have any hint that I'm being shot to when I'm dead - I've had it be as many as 2 full shots in me before I have any hint with certain players. That tells you who to avoid and how much of a lead you're going to need to challenge. Like I say it's probably old news to everyone on this board, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what would be great? If for Halo 3 and 4 (and maybe Reach if they EVER get around to adding that), the game just looked up the armor you had in the original 360 version of those games, and set your playable Spartan to that. I mean, if armorwatcher can figure out what armor I have by just looking up my gamertag, why can't an actual Halo game do that?

Not like the various Spartan models have been removed from the games entirely. Since Halo pretty much works by just stringing ".map" files together, that means pretty much every asset has to be in said .map files. It's why you couldn't use the Champion DLC armor from Halo 4 in Spartan Ops, because the files for the new armor simply didn't exist in any of SpOp's .map files.

You know what would be great? If for Halo 3 and 4 (and maybe Reach if they EVER get around to adding that), the game just looked up the armor you had in the original 360 version of those games, and set your playable Spartan to that. I mean, if armorwatcher can figure out what armor I have by just looking up my gamertag, why can't an actual Halo game do that?

Not like the various Spartan models have been removed from the games entirely. Since Halo pretty much works by just stringing ".map" files together, that means pretty much every asset has to be in said .map files. It's why you couldn't use the Champion DLC armor from Halo 4 in Spartan Ops, because the files for the new armor simply didn't exist in any of SpOp's .map files.

Lots of things would have been great for MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait bullet magnetism is completely disabled for host?

We're talking about the way the bullets curve towards the target as long as the reticle is red?

no clue what he's talking about. Host on mcc pretty much feels like host on ce. Just you don't get t hat weird off host pistol which is either hitscan or a bb gun. I'd much rather have a hang em on host than a bb gun pistol off host.

edit: ok sometimes you don't get magnetism sometimes you do lmao. Found this in my archive gg.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Oh%20for/video/15413803

also just mcc things

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Oh%20for/video/15413787

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have gone down ten levels trying to search mcc solo. Don't even care anymore, tired of the whole "You can only play in a party if you wanna play our games" stuff that 343 has made happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cool stuff. That ovk on the ghost is pretty sick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Getting thrashed in the CE playlist is a very humbling experience. And the skill range is incredibly varied. Some games I get shit on and other games I do really well, very few close games.