CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Not falsely at all. The original trilogy all had better maps, the aiming wasn't ever an issue, and I never had anyone parkour around the map to shoulder charge in a direction I only checked 2 seconds ago.

And yes, my shots register most of the time in H5, but that's about all that it's got going for it at the moment.

Ok. Your gripe is with H5. Understandable. But then why not blast the H5 thread?

Comparing the proverbial turd in H5 to MCC's mud-butt is far from enlightening

On the bright side, your nose remains the same color ;)

tbh it looks the same.

Nah, it's faster and has way more range. I was watching my brother play MCC earlier and he was using the noob combo on Beaver Creek and it was still broken as shit, yeah, but he couldn't zoom in and let it fly at people from across the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, it's faster and has way more range. I was watching my brother play MCC earlier and he was using the noob combo on Beaver Creek and it was still broken as shit, yeah, but he couldn't zoom in and let it fly at people from across the map.

I agree that's its faster but the range is the same, you just can't zoom in. and even tho it's slower it just has more time to curve.

Really? Sounds falsely attributed to the enjoyment you had playing the originals. But who am i to judge if somebody enjoys playing a "laggy and buggy as hell" game?

Ok. Your gripe is with H5. Understandable. But then why not blast the H5 thread?

Do you still play Halo?

Or you just post about it

:kappa::prayers: :flames: 

Oh god. Ghost has literally only played on that map for the last 3 days... That is actually very possible. I'm not too trilled about this because we have so many other good maps we can use, not H4's only one good map. 

You mean, like all the outstanding HCE, H2, and H3 remakes ready for both BTB and/or most any other Arena mode??? You mean those great maps 343 themselves highlight in their community spotlight, but plain refuse to put in a single matchmaking playlist???

Until the REQ system has been fully milked for all the millions it's sadly proving to be worth, don't expect the Arena side of H5 to get anything truly great (like those maps ready and waiting for Halo's developers to quit fucking their customers in the ass in the name of the holy dollar).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you still play Halo?

Or you just post about it

I'm boycotting.

And the only Halo forums which largely permit free speech are these here at TB.

I've tuned into a few twitch streams which largely comprise the same frustrations I was encountering before trading this game and Xbox in. Unreasonable wait times, unacceptable lag, and matchmaking inconsistencies rivaling the disparity between the first and third worlds.

Halo's in my blood the way Rock n Roll is for some people. And while never able to fully recapture living in those times, you can to this day replay those same songs from many decades ago. With MCC, the game was marketed as an 'ode to joy' in being able to replay your favorite track. Instead, the CD keeps skipping, the cassette is unwinding, the 8-track head is jammed, and the vinyl player is scratching at high speeds. And just forget the orchestra.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow, that's so bad. How does this stuff get through the weapon balancing process, smh.

It happens when there's so many problems and so many points of contention that people just give up.

An ADS plasma pistol that tracks across maps... It's disgusting

• Upvote (+1) 3

That was the point. To show how much I actually disliked H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm boycotting.

And the only Halo forums which largely permit free speech are these here at TB.

I've tuned into a few twitch streams which largely comprise the same frustrations I was encountering before trading this game and Xbox in. Unreasonable wait times, unacceptable lag, and matchmaking inconsistencies rivaling the disparity between the first and third worlds.

Halo's in my blood the way Rock n Roll is for some people. And while never able to fully recapture living in those times, you can to this day replay those same songs from many decades ago. With MCC, the game was marketed as an 'ode to joy' in being able to replay your favorite track. Instead, the CD keeps skipping, the cassette is unwinding, the 8-track head is jammed, and the vinyl player is scratching at high speeds. And just forget the orchestra.

Oh ok this board is your podium.

Look I didn't buy Halo 5 either but I can certainly enjoy me some CE on MCC, even in its broken state. I don't think you're sending them any sort of strong message by selling your Xbox. I think keeping MCC and the original versions of the games populated would be more effective than whining on forums.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I agree that's its faster but the range is the same, you just can't zoom in. and even tho it's slower it just has more time to curve.

I suppose that's true, but it does have a zoom, though, so it's distance is crazy. And I myself said that the fast travel time was probably implemented at least partially because of Halo 5's movement options and the design of the 4v4 maps. All in all, I'd say it more or less evens out to be the same level of broken as Halo 2's noob combo. (For Arena maps, anyway.)

Oh ok this board is your podium.

Look I didn't buy Halo 5 either but I can certainly enjoy me some CE on MCC, even in its broken state. I don't think you're sending them any sort of strong message by selling your Xbox. I think keeping MCC and the original versions of the games populated would be more effective than whining on forums.

Podium? You asked a question. You dislike the answer? Why are 75% of the sentences in your post prefaced by an opinion or something you refrained from doing? Is stun_man some sort of ghost-writing moniker? State some facts or some analogies or some philosophy or some emotion or some passion. Those general dismissive posts about "...O let me enjoy my discontent because I'd rather not be confronted with the actuality of just how poorly this game developer treats the legion of people who've at some point formed a connection with the franchise." are frankly lacking.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Podium? You asked a question. You dislike the answer? Why are 75% of the sentences in your post are prefaced by an opinion or something you refrained from doing? Is stun_man some sort of ghost-writing moniker? State some facts or some analogies or some philosophy or some emotion or some passion. Those general dismissive posts about "...O let me enjoy my discontent because I'd rather not be confronted with the actuality of just how poorly this game developer treats the legion of people who've at some point formed a connection with the franchise." are frankly lacking.

Unlike you stunt man actually tries to help fix Halos. Maybe you should try that.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Podium? You asked a question. You dislike the answer? Why are 75% of the sentences in your post prefaced by an opinion or something you refrained from doing? Is stun_man some sort of ghost-writing moniker? State some facts or some analogies or some philosophy or some emotion or some passion. Those general dismissive posts about "...O let me enjoy my discontent because I'd rather not be confronted with the actuality of just how poorly this game developer treats the legion of people who've at some point formed a connection with the franchise." are frankly lacking.

I'm not a philosopher/poet like you and my posts may not be very colourful. But sure, I can give you a fact: you give @@Beryl AU a hard time for posting that he came back to MCC after not enjoying Halo 5. Analogy: once upon a time there was a guy who sperged out on the forums. Emotion: tired of seeing disillusioned kids that don't even play the games shitpost on internet forums thinking they're going to make a lick of difference. Passion: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/

But really, I don't care about your posting habits. I just got triggered when you told @@Beryl AU to essentially screw off to the Halo 5 thread. We can address that instead of my sentence structure and semantics, if you want.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a philosopher/poet like you and my posts may not be very colourful. But sure, I can give you a fact: you give @@Beryl AU a hard time for posting that he came back to MCC after not enjoying Halo 5. Analogy: once upon a time there was a guy who sperged out on the forums. Emotion: tired of seeing disillusioned kids that don't even play the games shitpost on internet forums thinking they're going to make a lick of difference. Passion: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/

But really, I don't care about your posting habits. I just got triggered when you told @@Beryl AU to essentially screw off to the Halo 5 thread. We can address that instead of my sentence structure and semantics, if you want.

Wow! 71% on our second try. What are they teaching you guys these days? When nearly entire posts are personally subjective, somebody has failed to communicate the importance of objective thought.

How about history? Learn about the Black Panthers? Weathermen Underground? Student's Democratic Society? Muhammad Ali's successful 1st Amendment fight with the government? Agent Orange?

Tip: School sucks... Be like Eminem, Bill Gates, and me. Drop out. Play Halo

• Downvote (-1) 5

Wow! 71% on our second try. What are they teaching you guys these days? When nearly entire posts are personally subjective, somebody has failed to communicate the importance of objective thought.

How about history? Learn about the Black Panthers? Weathermen Underground? Student's Democratic Society? Muhammad Ali's successful 1st Amendment fight with the government? Agent Orange?

This is some next-level shit right here. Whatever man, have fun not playing Halo. Good luck with your boycott.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When nearly entire posts are personally subjective

So you're saying we aren't allowed to express opinions on here? Cool. If everything we argued on here was objective, there would not be any discussions because there would be no arguments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you're saying we aren't allowed to express opinions on here? Cool. If everything we argued on here was objective, there would not be any discussions because there would be no arguments.

Don't go down that path man he's going to pick apart your post instead of addressing anything you say to him. Just ignore and carry on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you extrapolate expressing opinions from leading over 70% of one's sentences with self-actualizing statements?

Buddy said he was tired of seeing "disillusioned kids". The easy fix for that is to drop out of school ;)

Typically I like to think that everyone's opinion matters and that everyone should speak it. But you fucking refuse to use any thoughtful counter arguments and decide to consider someone's opinions as a way to say his post doesn't matter. So now I'm just gonna completely ignore you and remind myself that anything you have to say is worthless.

It legit made me laugh. Terrible post and troll attempt but I enjoyed the chuckle from reading that garbage.

It legit made me laugh. Terrible post and troll attempt but I enjoyed the chuckle from reading that garbage.

Reading garbage, writing junk, or playing trash?

Now there exist some affirmative options.

Y

Trying too hard.