CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm hoping that they release a big update for E3. Use it as a way to bring back in people who left. Make it a huge PR scene being like "It was a lot of hard work bla bla bla. But we finally fixed it"

This is the definitive definition of wishful thinking.

Would be a treat though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would be a treat though.

Probably. But it would be an amazing PR move though. It would fix a lot of the more casuals attitudes towards 343 and make use hardcore fans play it a little bit more. Throw in some more bullshit free remade maps and bam. All is well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or insanity. Doing/hoping for the same thing over and over but expecting different results.

Played a bunch of H1 matchmaking today and damn it's so nice that people are actually able to miss shots and comebacks can happen since the game isn't hitscan.

Also it seems like the /r/Halo mods are a bunch of shills a thread about fixing MCC is the top thread and they have the comments randomized in the thread. :kappa:

I think 343 has actively taken to influencing websites in order to cut down on the amount of negativity against them. The mods on Waypoint are way worse than they ever were before and even on this site you have to be a bit careful about what you say about them, although some of it may just be from negativity fatigue.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol they would never do that. They just released a half finished game called it sustain and had people eat it up.

These dudes don't care about fan service whatsoever.

But when the "fans" are also indifferent to the wreckless treatment from the buffoons administrating the franchise, then it is easily explained. The people get what they deserve. You guys who still play this game are eroding the fond memories associated with the original titles contained within.

But when the "fans" are also indifferent to the wreckless treatment from the buffoons administrating the franchise, then it is easily explained. The people get what they deserve. You guys who still play this game are eroding the fond memories associated with the original titles contained within.

What? So the people who want to be able to play Halo CE/Halo 2 online are eroding the franchise? Great thought process there mate. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Xbox is up on craigslist now.

rip halo rip xbox rip childhood

Over a year after hanging it up, I miss playing frequently. But I cannot forgive the way the series has been handled under these people. Their complete lack of good will instills a vote of no confidence on anything they generate. The only way the series could ever be great again will be under different management. Til then, if empty tournaments and dissapppinting sales are the only things that may force them out (including Phil Spencer, the final signature on MCC's RTM), then so be it.

Over a year after hanging it up, I miss playing frequently. But I cannot forgive the way the series has been handled under these people. Their complete lack of good will instills a vote of no confidence on anything they generate. The only way the series could ever be great again will be under different management. Til then, if empty tournaments and dissapppinting sales are the only things that may force them out (including Phil Spencer, the final signature on MCC's RTM), then so be it.

Phil Spencer is probably the best thing to happen to Xbox in a long time. If you remove him just because of MCCs treatment then I don't know what to tell you.

Tried to play MCC again last night. Found two games in H2C and nothing but Halo 3 in dubs like usual. Customs in this game are still insanely fun, but the population just isn't there sadly. Xbox is up on craigslist now.

rip halo rip xbox rip childhood

Its crazy how things went down. I was ready to move on from gaming for a bit but when I heard about the MCC and some of my oldest halo friends making a comeback I had to come up with the money somehow. I sold all of my fucking 360 games except for 2 games and the console so I could buy it when I had no plan to switch to next gen until I finished school and got a job in my career. I didn't want to be the guy though who hopped back on the Halo 2 train years after everyone else so I found a way to get it and it was a disaster. I've played some great games so far on the Xbox One but truth be told if MCC never was announced I don't think I'd still be playing games right now. I'm just doing it because I have to find a reason to justify my Xbox one purchase.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just doing it because I have to find a reason to justify my Xbox one purchase.

I spent $535 on the Titanfall Bundle with mandatory Kinect. Ten months later, got $44 GameStop credit for MCC, $175 in GameStop credit for the Xbox, and 60 USD for the Kinect. But I couldn't justify my aggravation. Searching....

Its crazy how things went down. I was ready to move on from gaming for a bit but when I heard about the MCC and some of my oldest halo friends making a comeback I had to come up with the money somehow. I sold all of my fucking 360 games except for 2 games and the console so I could buy it when I had no plan to switch to next gen until I finished school and got a job in my career. I didn't want to be the guy though who hopped back on the Halo 2 train years after everyone else so I found a way to get it and it was a disaster. I've played some great games so far on the Xbox One but truth be told if MCC never was announced I don't think I'd still be playing games right now. I'm just doing it because I have to find a reason to justify my Xbox one purchase.

Idk there are a lot of possible great exclusives coming. Recore, Sea of Thieves, Gears 4, Scalebound, Crackdown 3. Not to mention the Rare collection, Gears UE, and Halo Wars 2 (although that's a PC game as well but still)

Done with H5. I gave is a fair chance, but I feel like I'm forcing myself to play it. MCC is still laggy and buggy as hell, but I'm enjoying it more than H5.

Really? Sounds falsely attributed to the enjoyment you had playing the originals. But who am i to judge if somebody enjoys playing a "laggy and buggy as hell" game?

• Downvote (-1) 3

I don't know if I inadvertently appeased the Halo gods or what, but MCC has been working well for me lately. I'm getting fast cue times and I swear hit rec is better (but how could that be?). Idk, but let's hope it doesn't end.

For you H2 people (I played CE, skipped 2 and then played 3) is the meta really the noob combo? It's is so OP.

I don't know if I inadvertently appeased the Halo gods or what, but MCC has been working well for me lately. I'm getting fast cue times and I swear hit rec is better (but how could that be?). Idk, but let's hope it doesn't end.

For you H2 people (I played CE, skipped 2 and then played 3) is the meta really the noob combo? It's is so OP.

yes. vanilla h2 is not fun in tryhard mode. especially with radars. It's all about camping PPs, bruteshotting awkward angles, and holding rockets/snipe. elongation, turf, and many others are all just PPs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Today was good in that sense but I just played four straight games of parties vs random and gave up.

Today was good in that sense but I just played four straight games of parties vs random and gave up.

I can't remember if its Team Slayer or H2, but there is always this party of 4 KSI guys that get on late night on the weekends (like 10pm-3am MST) that just abuse the crap out of PP in H2 and teabag the whole game. Really frustrating when you match them, play them, and lose 5 times in a row to guys crouching around with PP's.

Noob combo was one of the worst things about the game. Dumbed the game down so much and you basically had to use it if the other teams was using it. 

It's in my no-brainer list of things that should be removed from the game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Noob combo was one of the worst things about the game. Dumbed the game down so much and you basically had to use it if the other teams was using it. 

It's in my no-brainer list of things that should be removed from the game.

You should see the noob combo in Halo 5, it's even stronger. Tracks for days when you zoom.  :apg:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mythik%20Nick/video/15231406

I guess it was "balanced" for thrusting around on 4v4 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really? Sounds falsely attributed to the enjoyment you had playing the originals. But who am i to judge if somebody enjoys playing a "laggy and buggy as hell" game?

Not falsely at all. The original trilogy all had better maps, the aiming wasn't ever an issue, and I never had anyone parkour around the map to shoulder charge in a direction I only checked 2 seconds ago.

And yes, my shots register most of the time in H5, but that's about all that it's got going for it at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 6