CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Do you always random your teammates out of top blue base on Hang em High? Wouldn't spawning your teammate top blue be better than a potentially bad random? I always see Halo 1 players random from top blue and I'm confused about when it's good or bad to.

I've generally found randomin to ALWAYS be preferrable. It lets you cover more ground, even if you're in a power position. Plus, its better to die once amd have your teammate be somewhere else than a team having a chance of getting a double kill spawning your partner in the same area.

Do you guys think anyone at 343 is still working on updates to MCC? Not playlist updates, but real updates and the one's as simple as having your emblems how up over your name in Halo 2? Do you think any work is being outsourced on MCC? I just can't imagine 343 can totally ignore this game? Have they just stopped and pushed it aside? It's so frustrating they don't seem to acknowledge this game anymore.

I've generally found randomin to ALWAYS be preferrable. It lets you cover more ground, even if you're in a power position. Plus, its better to die once amd have your teammate be somewhere else than a team having a chance of getting a double kill spawning your partner in the same area.

What if you are in camo/red pistol area and camo is up in ten seconds? Would you rather get your teammate a random and risk him spawning totally out of position to help you contest camo? Also, the other team will be eyeing those randoms down there looking for you give one out, if they pick you off, you won't be getting that camo at all. I personally will let a teammate get a bad spawn near me and die if it means that I can secure or at least burn camo. I used to go for randoms all the time but in those situations I feel like randoms are not the optimal play. I also like spawning my teammate with me or below me at shotties when I am top blue if camo is coming up. When my teammate spawns, one of us will push out for camo while the other sits top blue to cover. I am pretty new to H1 so I am probably wrong lol, but it's been working for me so far.

They should remove Halo 4 from the game. Ruins SWAT. 

Love that 343 refuses to simply contract the game to another company. It's a disgrace. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They should remove Halo 4 from the game. Ruins SWAT. 

Love that 343 refuses to simply contract the game to another company. It's a disgrace. 

If you don't mind me asking, do you happen to know anything about something/one called Mythic Halo on reddit or Twitter?

What if you are in camo/red pistol area and camo is up in ten seconds? Would you rather get your teammate a random and risk him spawning totally out of position to help you contest camo? Also, the other team will be eyeing those randoms down there looking for you give one out, if they pick you off, you won't be getting that camo at all. I personally will let a teammate get a bad spawn near me and die if it means that I can secure or at least burn camo. I used to go for randoms all the time but in those situations I feel like randoms are not the optimal play. I also like spawning my teammate with me or below me at shotties when I am top blue if camo is coming up. When my teammate spawns, one of us will push out for camo while the other sits top blue to cover. I am pretty new to H1 so I am probably wrong lol, but it's been working for me so far.

You have the right idea. I would gladly sacrifice my teammate 4 times to get a camo. After that you really should just be aiming to spawn your teammate somewhere safe, like back red so they can work to pin down the blue base players. Once you get camo, it should be your primary goal to be around the red pistol/camo ramp area before your camo disappears so that you can maintain the powerup control.

Do you always random your teammates out of top blue base on Hang em High? Wouldn't spawning your teammate top blue be better than a potentially bad random? I always see Halo 1 players random from top blue and I'm confused about when it's good or bad to.

It's not good to have the enemy know where both of you are. If you random out, the other team can't form a concrete strategy. It's not a terrible idea, but chances are the other team will just get camo then break your setup. In mcc especially, sniper on red base is stronger than holding top blue, and if both of you are just sitting top blue, it's easy picking for snipe guy. Basically you random your teammate so he can push from red shit, red base, or camo to push from camo / kill the other team going for camo. If he randoms top blue, then you can decide to try to make them burn it or send blue castle down to try and get it with support from the spawner, or you could be complete faggots and just sit blue slide and blue random watching open/closed for 45seconds. However experienced players should realize if ur doing that and just get top OS or worse, camo. Then they'd have a full 3minutes of camo cycle. 

On hang'em, you want to random your teammate 99% of the time. The only times you don't is when you have camo and the other team will most likely pre fire on the random spots (like camo corner / spiral, red base randoms) but lots of spots are safe. The only other times would be if you're 1 shot at camo 5seconds before it spawns, don't random your teammate so he can get it/burn it. Or if the score is 49-49, you don't want to random your teammate into a grenade or in LOS of the enemy team. edit:

HA! didn't read your most recent reply but you seem to be on the ball about this. If you were full shields in tombstones/blue shotguns and you could random your teammate at maybe the 5s mark before, i'd just do it. He may spawn shit, but if he spawns top blue the other team will definitely be looking at camo and won't see him and then you'll hear them rage in the other room or even on mcc if they have social settings on. And even if he spawns shit, you can just stall in tombstones if they're not at camo. 

If you don't mind me asking, do you happen to know anything about something/one called Mythic Halo on reddit or Twitter?

I am MythicHalo.

Moa, I was here long before you, and I will be here long after your gone. 

ot42bOq.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh sorry Moa, I didn't mean spending my life posting on 8 different halo forums glad handing 343. I meant playing Halo ;). Like a normal person, with a reasonable time commitment, and living the rest of my life. And not watching a company ruin my favorite franchise. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh sorry Moa, I didn't mean spending my life posting on 8 different halo forums glad handing 343. I meant playing Halo ;). Like a normal person, with a reasonable time commitment, and living the rest of my life. And not watching a company ruin my favorite franchise. 

I have a hard time believing someone who makes dedicated subreddits and websites to hating a video game company has time for outside commitments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@RyanW @@Moa Um if your a circlejerk mod, don't fucking speak to me. Moa I work full time, I take classes on the weekend, I haven't owned an xbox in 5 years. You have built your life around posting online about Halo. It's not impressive buddy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@RyanW @@Moa Um if your a circlejerk mod, don't fucking speak to me. Moa I work full time, I take classes on the weekend, I haven't owned an xbox in 5 years. You have built your life around posting online about Halo. It's not impressive buddy. 

giphy.gif

Can we please not be a bunch of bitches attacking one other?  

If y'all want Halo to be great again, you gotta learn to let everyone who comes here or anywhere else be! Surely you don't go to any online forum thinking any particular set of views will, or even should be, treated differently than any others.  

The entire point of a forum is to trade perspectives and views.  Ignore the ones that bother you to the point of asking for people to be banned.  And I think it's worth mentioning that banning people from Halo forums = "Hey, let's kill Halo quickly/quietly."

@@King Audio - Simmerdownnah...  Just let it be, bro.

Halo is so dead that I spent 7 days total playing on an Xbox I don't own.

jK9ArEc.png

jvsIqgz.gif?noredirect

EDIT: I don't even know why I care. I'm out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can we please not be a bunch of bitches attacking one other?  

If y'all want Halo to be great again, you gotta learn to let everyone who comes here or anywhere else be! Surely you don't go to any online forum thinking any particular set of views will, or even should be, treated differently than any others.  

The entire point of a forum is to trade perspectives and views.  Ignore the ones that bother you to the point of asking for people to be banned.  And I think it's worth mentioning that banning people from Halo forums = "Hey, let's kill Halo quickly/quietly."

@@King Audio - Simmerdownnah...  Just let it be, bro.

And I think it's worth mentioning that banning people from Halo forums = "Hey, let's kill Halo quickly/quietly." I don't think I advocated for that. 

And I think it's worth mentioning that banning people from Halo forums = "Hey, let's kill Halo quickly/quietly." I don't think I advocated for that. 

No it doesn't. Quit trying to look innocent