CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

seriously why did everyone go to halo 5, I bet you those same people all playing h5 are the same ones who were saying "I'm not gonna buy h5, h2-h3 for life" now look at them, they're just as bad as 343 in killing the scene.

I know everyone is only playing it cus pros are and sweaty kids love doing twitch and riding pros. if naded or ogre 2...etc streamed mcc all those fake people would come crawling back

Some perspective: Since trading in my XB1/MCC back in Dec 14 & after spending a decade playing Halo's various incarnations, it's certainly difficult absolving one's self from a much enjoyed activity. But I simply refuse to accept the combination of malicious lies, ignorant decision-making, and general incompetence coming from the direction of Microsoft's Halo division. I reserve my right to return to playing in an event where the heads of Microsoft Studios and Xbox reach a joint conclusion to bring in new people to run the studio, but that's a secondary point.

It takes much self-discipline to abstain engagement in an activity one enjoys. MCC is far from enjoyable. H5 is slightly closer to.  And there are many people in this world who are unable or unwilling to remove an enjoyable stimulus in order to make a change. Alas, there are some people who at least make the attempt, albeit the disparate minority.

Like the guy who posted this:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/spartan-callouts-multiplayer/629f9b60-6428-43c3-990c-a4a58818880f/posts

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

seriously why did everyone go to halo 5, I bet you those same people all playing h5 are the same ones who were saying "I'm not gonna buy h5, h2-h3 for life" now look at them, they're just as bad as 343 in killing the scene.

I know everyone is only playing it cus pros are and sweaty kids love doing twitch and riding pros. if naded or ogre 2...etc streamed mcc all those fake people would come crawling back

Because dudes are lemmings and lack conviction.

Same dudes who are talking about "X person bought it for me, I got it for a steal" etc etc etc. Just trying to rationalize the fact that they're slaves to this and will buy whatever comes out just cause it has Halo in the title/because of what others are doing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because dudes are lemmings and lack conviction.

Same dudes who are talking about "X person bought it for me, I got it for a steal" etc etc etc. Just trying to rationalize the fact that they're slaves to this and will buy whatever comes out just cause it has Halo in the title/because of what others are doing.

O for crying out loud. Let's all moan and groan about that misandristic statement until a change is made :)

O for crying out loud. Let's all moan and groan about that misandristic statement until a change is made :)

Yes let's all jump over to Halo 5 after the trainwreck that is MCC, that's a sure way of telling the incompetent devs that we expect more from them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes let's all jump over to Halo 5 after the trainwreck that is MCC, that's a sure way of telling the incompetent devs that we expect more from them.

I tried that. Then I realized I was having 0 fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean I understand why you guys don't like it. I'm having a lot of fun on Halo 5 though. I don't see why it's hard to see that others can enjoy the game. Throughout my years of competitive Halo, I had tried to get various Halo players to try out multiple other shooters only to find that a high majority of the people dislike a high majority of the games. I've always felt that Halo players tend to really only enjoy the one or two versions that they prefer, and completely dislike a lot of other shooters. Shadowrun is a good example and there have been plenty of other games. It's always been intriguing to me.

Regardless, I'll be on H1 a lot more often. I've been playing more the last week and really missed it, especially when the game first game out and was active with FFA and 4v4 obj lobbies. 2v2's for days but I miss having those options.

I mean I understand why you guys don't like it. I'm having a lot of fun on Halo 5 though. I don't see why it's hard to see that others can enjoy the game. Throughout my years of competitive Halo, I had tried to get various Halo players to try out multiple other shooters only to find that a high majority of the people dislike a high majority of the games. I've always felt that Halo players tend to really only enjoy the one or two versions that they prefer, and completely dislike a lot of other shooters. Shadowrun is a good example and there have been plenty of other games. It's always been intriguing to me.

Whether one enjoys the game is besides the point - I'll never hold it against someone for enjoying something, that's entirely subjective and understandable.

I just don't understand anyone that complains about MCC and then jumps onto Halo 5. The reason 343i isn't updating MCC is because all hands are on deck to count all the money they made off you guys.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Whether one enjoys the game is besides the point - I'll never hold it against someone for enjoying something, that's entirely subjective and understandable.

I just don't understand anyone that complains about MCC and then jumps onto Halo 5. The reason 343i isn't updating MCC is because all hands are on deck to count all the money they made off you guys.

I hold the opinion that if H5 had poor sales and tanked, we still wouldn't see the updates for MCC. From what I remember, the various patches both broke and fixed various aspects. Whatever they unintentionally broke seemed to out-weigh the fixes, at least in H1. If they somehow didn't devote as much time to H5 with low sales, then I'm pretty confident their next priority is shifted on the future of Halo rather than updating the past. They grabbed everyones money with MCC just like they did H5, how much more money do they stand to make off of MCC?

I purchased for maybe slightly different reasons than others. Somewhat nostalgic reasons, as I did miss what is considered the honeymoon phases of games. A lot of fun competitive shooters I either got into late or they just lack population. So this was an opportunity to play a new Halo with some incredibly talented Shadowrun players and see what we can accomplish in this game, like we accomplished in the various other games. It's been a lot of fun and I don't regret getting this Halo, like I did with Reach and Halo 4.

Regardless, I'll be on H1 a lot more often. I've been playing more the last week and really missed it, especially when the game first game out and was active with FFA and 4v4 obj lobbies. 2v2's for days but I miss having those options.

I fall into that category (liking few games and other shooters) and for me it's because Halo was a very unique game among shooters. If you liked that uniqueness it's hard to stomach it becoming more and more generic and copying every trend that comes down the pike.

The scene is hardly being killed, infact its growing twitch wise. Sure, MCC being broken hindered things, but we're getting there.

I consider playing MCC sometimes, realise how broken it is, then stop playing. You have to be very tolerant to find enjoyment, haha.

yeah I've actually been finding games in hardcore for the first time today, search took like a good 5 minutes the first time but once you get in that cycle of players you can get games pretty fast, I found like 7 games in 2 hours

I tried that. Then I realized I was having 0 fun. 

Keep playing H5. That way I'll be able to search the H1 playlist and get destroyed less often :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm playing Halo 3 on 360 right now, and man oh man is 30 frames way worse than I remember. It's so awful.

I feel that too, except I blamed my xbox since it hasn't ran Halo 3 in a long time. I at least get used to it after a couple of games.

Honestly I would still play OG H3 every now and then if I could play more playlists than social slayer

So I see you can still get 1 vs 3 matches in the h1 playlist out the blue or have a quitter end the match. Good shit 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I see you can still get 1 vs 3 matches in the h1 playlist out the blue or have a quitter end the match. Good shit 343.

It drives me crazy.

1 vs 3 is pretty rare, though still a pain. But quitters are still a huge problem that doesn't have a clear-cut solution. Personally I think the match should end immediately when someone quits out. I really hate going on a wild goose chase any map against one trooper after his teammate quit. I don't have time for that shit.

Ahhh man... Page 880 on this thread and forward.. Good times.. Good times...  -_-

Edit: I'm like 20 pages in right now, and man some of these post are gems!  :lol:

Edit 2: 

By far the best thing I've seen about this game is "You finished 1th"

Just amazing

Lmao!! Oh man... Dude this is so great I'm literally in tears right now reading this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now that's just wrong.

Everybody knows nobody at that Microsoft division had anything to do with that game. According to LinkedIn, there is no one from Microsoft or any of its various subdivisions attached to the MCC. Spontaneous combustion yos.