CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Sweat bags definitely moved to H5. Before H5 dropped I could get games in the hardcore playlist at pretty much any rank (highest account at 25) between 10am - midnight (US eastern) in <2 minutes so long as XBL was functioning properly. Obviously it's a bit naive to expect any type of update that would fix the slow matchmaking (failure to connect, finding an 8th, game crashing when loading, etc.) but it would be nice if 343 could do something.

If it were up to me I would cut down on the current playlists and just have:

Slayer

FFA

CE4's

Dubs

Snipes

H4 (only if they eliminate it from everything else cross-game)

Hardcore

In theory you could throw in H2 and H3 on their own but I feel like the population is low enough already. Also they should seriously just eliminate ranks at this point. I don't know to what extent they affect searching but they don't mean shit anyway and I'd rather just be able to find games more consistently. The people searching hardcore in 2016 are likely to be seasoned players to begin with.

The only problem with this playlist set up is that Halo 3 gets voted majority of the time in multi-Halo playlists. CE and 2 would need their own playlists. Preferably 2's for CE and 4's for 2.

The other option is to just give Halo 3 its own playlist and remove it from others.

This was by far the worst thing MCC did for me, personally at least.

I know, and now I have a lot of trouble finding games in Team Hardcore as the population is so low. It's a shame, the 360 MLG playlist community was wonderful for about 2 years prior to MCC's release, you'd play a lot of the same people over and over again and get to know them a little bit, how they play, how good they are, who has beef with who, etc. Trouble finding games in CE 2s as well.. I think it's safe to say MCC is dead. I have to search Team Slayer and play ARs on High Ground or SMG starts on Gemini, unacceptable. The playlists definitely need to be condensed, but I'm afraid they'll remove Hardcore altogether and that will be the end of competitive H2/H3. That would be a real shame.

Halo 1

Halo 2

Halo 3

Halo 4

Team Slayer

BTB

Hardcore

That's what I'd cut it down to.

They should just make the Halo 2 and Halo 3 playlists the hardcore variants.

So it'd basically be:

Halo 1  (2v2)

Halo 2  (4v4 Hardcore)

Halo 3  (4v4 Hardcore)

Halo 4  (whatever)

BTB

The people who still play MCC are likely more skilled than those who don't and therefore, would (hopefully) be more accepting of the new playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about H2A? Or was that intentionally cut.

Forgot about that. I'd add that but that would be it. Maybe cut the hardcore playlist and have it as a voting option in the Halo 2 and Halo 3 playlist. But I don't ever see that happening.

Forgot about that. I'd add that but that would be it. Maybe cut the hardcore playlist and have it as a voting option in the Halo 2 and Halo 3 playlist. But I don't ever see that happening.

If the hardcore playlist is dead anyway I don't see the point is disbanding it. The people who are die hard will still search the playlist. Agree with the rest of the list though

In a perfect world we could condense the playlists and just change the team slayer settings to mlg since the scrubs won't notice anyway -.- h3 playlist is still pretty active American time. It's what I'm playing now, would love to not have 2/3 AR options to dodge though.

Trouble finding games in CE 2s as well.. I think it's safe to say MCC is dead

What level are you in CE 2s? And where are you from?

I always get back-to-back games in CE (weeknights and weekends all day/night), rarely need to wait for more than a minute or two.

I wish 343 was just fucking with us the entire time. And that they have a huge update coming that revamps every single little detail of the game.

I wish 343 was just fucking with us the entire time. And that they have a huge update coming that revamps every single little detail of the game.

Not a snowballs chance in hell my friend. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 1

Halo 2

Halo 3

Halo 4

Team Slayer

BTB

Hardcore

Add a snipers playlist and I'm down.

Halo 1

Halo 2

Halo 3

Halo 4

Team Slayer

BTB

Hardcore

No FFA? Could be a great playlist if they got rid of the AR/SMG starts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No FFA? Could be a great playlist if they got rid of the AR/SMG starts.

This entire game is filled with "could be"'s.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just played one game of CE 4v4 after playing H5 for a while.  I had more fun in that one game than I can remember having in all of H5.

Other than the wait time, that is.  It seems to find 7 people instantly, but always struggles with an 8th

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've completed CE on legendary (and every other Halo except 5) a few times before but not on MCC. On Truth and Reconcilliation I've made it past the 2 hunters right before you go up to get Keys (not right after you get on the ship; I'm on the second level, above the spot where the dead marines are and above where you battle the 2 hunters). I don't even remember this section from past runs, but it's ridiculously hard - I'm basically being one-shot killed by elites. Anyone know of some glitch that may be causing this? I hate to restart last checkpoint but it's pretty bizarre.