CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I know it's total shit the hardcore playlist moved to h5 to be sweat bags. I think there's a pretty decent population and that the mm is just way slower than any other Halo for no good reason (tinfoil). I see a lot of different names, eu and American time even tho early in the day you can be waiting ages, I just barely see the same names come up. Was playing a lot of h3 and ce4v4 tonight at about 8pm+ that playlist comes alive, so fun.

Sweat bags definitely moved to H5. Before H5 dropped I could get games in the hardcore playlist at pretty much any rank (highest account at 25) between 10am - midnight (US eastern) in <2 minutes so long as XBL was functioning properly. Obviously it's a bit naive to expect any type of update that would fix the slow matchmaking (failure to connect, finding an 8th, game crashing when loading, etc.) but it would be nice if 343 could do something.

If it were up to me I would cut down on the current playlists and just have:

Slayer

FFA

CE4's

Dubs

Snipes

H4 (only if they eliminate it from everything else cross-game)

Hardcore

In theory you could throw in H2 and H3 on their own but I feel like the population is low enough already. Also they should seriously just eliminate ranks at this point. I don't know to what extent they affect searching but they don't mean shit anyway and I'd rather just be able to find games more consistently. The people searching hardcore in 2016 are likely to be seasoned players to begin with.

I've lurked these boards regularly as a means of gauging whether or not it's even worth hopping on to try and find games and I gotta say it's a pretty depressing. I don't know what 343's "play" is but they seem to think that as MCC dies more people will jump ship to H5. Quite the opposite for me. I will never buy that game even if the Microsoft store has it 50% at some point in the future. When they released MCC in 2014 they pretty much killed the MLG playlist/customs scene on 360 and they promised to implement H3/H2 hardcore gametypes on MCC. That didn't even happen until July/August or something. Ridiculous. I'm overall pretty fed up with this game and company's lack of regard for the veterans in this community that just want the capability to play classic halo's. I could continue to rant and could probably do an entire research paper on how poorly MCC has been handled but I won't waste my time.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Got bored and started playing Swat. I got h3 first game and I gotta say I knew the br was fked up on mcc but holy shit it feels 10x worse when everybody is already one shot. Never seen so many people eat in my life.

Nah, the BR was just as fucked in Halo 3.

• Downvote (-1) 1

When they released MCC in 2014 they pretty much killed the MLG playlist/customs scene on 360

This was by far the worst thing MCC did for me, personally at least.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This was by far the worst thing MCC did for me, personally at least.

This is my biggest beef as well - every time 343 makes a game it guts the population of the preceding games. H3 was actually pretty playable once H4 died off and the pros and all went back to it. Then MCC came out and killed H3 360 and then H5 put the nail in the coffin of MCC (not that the body wasn't rancid already). So it's not enough that they can't make a decent Halo game (say what you will about the merits of H5, it isn't a Halo game), they have to further splinter and ruin everything that came before.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is my biggest beef as well - every time 343 makes a game it guts the population of the preceding games. H3 was actually pretty playable once H4 died off and the pros and all went back to it. Then MCC came out and killed H3 360 and then H5 put the nail in the coffin of MCC (not that the body wasn't rancid already). So it's not enough that they can't make a decent Halo game (say what you will about the merits of H5, it isn't a Halo game), they have to further splinter and ruin everything that came before.

Personally I hadn't even been playing my 360 much at the time (early 2014), but when MCC was announced I hopped right back on and starting searching MLG playlist on a regular basis. Unfortunately I purchased my Xbox One prior to the game's release (mid-October), but was still playing customs and matchmaking daily. Averaging way more hours gaming than I had in years. I didn't even realize that they could release a game that was in such a poor, unplayable state at the time. I didn't realize Microsoft could actually hold such a low standard for business practices. I was on the hype train too like you wouldn't believe. 1080p, 60fps, dedicated servers. They even blogged about a ranked competitive playlist for H2 and H3 before the game released. MCC killed the 360 MLG playlist and the Hardcore playlist didn't even drop until mid-summer. When it did I thought it was great, probably the best 2-3 months on MCC I had. Just so ridiculous that it took that long. Microsoft got all us sweaty kids to buy an xbone, so they really dgaf. And 343 is probably "pleased" with the number that jumped ship to H5. Even though their target market is more likely to be 13 y/o's anyway, who didn't have a proper 360 '07 experience to begin with.

It is not a Halo game whatsoever lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

MCC and 343 have killed my passion for Halo that the only time I will ever play it are the one or two lans I go to with friends

• Upvote (+1) 5

I forgot how much I hate the lockout forge map on H4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nah, the BR was just as fucked in Halo 3.

I don't want to call anyone on this forum bad, however if you really think that then you didn't understand how to use it. I understand it came with it's downfalls but it's noway near as bad as most made it out to be.

The amount of times someone complained about shots not counting only to go to theater to show them they are not leading the shot properly was crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't want to call anyone on this forum bad, however if you really think that then you didn't understand how to use it. I understand it came with it's downfalls but it's noway near as bad as most made it out to be.

The amount of times someone complained about shots not counting only to go to theater to show them they are not leading the shot properly was crazy.

Everytime someone says this, a memory of Roy shooting a guy 10+ times from street to bottom hill on construct ON LAN comes into my mind. And he has, unarguably, the best BR in Halo 3.

Everytime someone says this, a memory of Roy shooting a guy 10+ times from street to bottom hill on construct ON LAN comes into my mind. And he has, unarguably, the best BR in Halo 3.

Got a clip please?

I forgot how much I hate the lockout forge map on H4.

I forgot how much I hate how the BR sounds on h4

I forgot how much I hate how the BR sounds on h4

Just walk into the Sword room on Pitfall. 90% of the time, sounds will stop working.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agree 110%

People think it's fucked in MCC because projectile shots + aim acceleration (that always existed) feels different in 60fps. It just makes it a tad bit harder to use IMO, forces you to be just a bit more accurate. I personally enjoy having to lead shots because it changes how the weapon is used at different distances and angles, thus increasing the skill gap. I am also of fan of it because I always thought it made strafing that much more important, especially at 110% speed in competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Beryl AU @ or any other Australians played this recently?

Are there any games that can be found? I kind of want to play CE again.

Yeah got a few CE games last week.  Add me if you want to play some time ;)

Was playing Halo 3 and doubles with a friend, I was finding matches pretty quick. I was impressed by that. I would say the average search time is about 30-45 seconds.

MCC and 343 have killed my passion for Halo that the only time I will ever play it are the one or two lans I go to with friends

Yeah me too :( I feel like my Halo days are over now. I really wish it was ended with Reach at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah me too :( I feel like my Halo days are over now. I really wish it was ended with Reach at this point.

It should have ended with reach for sure. Even though the game wasn't that great, but it was still a good ending for Bungie's halo.

Right now, it's not in that great state. I met a lot of people at my college and about 75% of people I talked to that enjoys gaming and they thought halo is a joke right now. Breaks my heart hearing that.

And I certainly don't want to call anyone on this forum bad either :kappa: but I couldn't help but notice when h5 came out a lot of the people saying they had trouble aiming and that they felt the aiming was awful, were also saying the aiming felt similar to h3.

As for shooting from street to bottom hill, not only is that a hard place to four people from but it's a little bit out of the brs intended range so I don't see why you're trying to descridit the gun with that example.

And I certainly don't want to call anyone on this forum bad either :kappa: but I couldn't help but notice when h5 came out a lot of the people saying they had trouble aiming and that they felt the aiming was awful, were also saying the aiming felt similar to h3.

As for shooting from street to bottom hill, not only is that a hard place to four people from but it's a little bit out of the brs intended range so I don't see why you're trying to descridit the gun with that example.