CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I suppose I could stretch it to "I'm a classic Halo fan" but tbh CE feels like it doesn't belong to the same series as H2/H3/Reach, at least in terms of multiplayer.

H2 is my favorite title in the series, but I've been happy to play nearly every iteration.

The one constant for multiplayer has been Jeff Steitzer as the announcer- who ironically was set to be replaced.

It seems that Microsoft's Halo division was considering replacing the entire cast (they pretty much did anyways with the exception of Jen Taylor).

GREAT INTERVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwx3R1-58ps\

The transition to a different announcing style has already begun, and this for me is what truly cements the notion that Halo has devolved into a politically correct, demographically targeted, weak sauce soufflé.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2 is my favorite title in the series, but I've been happy to play nearly every iteration.

The one constant for multiplayer has been Jeff Steitzer as the announcer- who ironically was set to be replaced.

It seems that Microsoft's Halo division was considering replacing the entire cast (they pretty much did anyways with the exception of Jen Taylor).

GREAT INTERVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwx3R1-58ps\

The transition to a different announcing style has already begun, and this for me is what truly cements the notion that Halo has devolved into a politically correct, demographically targeted, weak sauce soufflé.

Steitzers voice change is a reflection of 343's entire run of Halo - fake, plastic, superficial. Reach sucks, but the team that made that game had enthusiasm and passion for video games. 343 is a corporate boardroom environment where it seems only the Forge team cares about community interaction and actually takes feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 8

...343 is a corporate boardroom environment...

There is no boardroom at that Microsoft division. There is one individual with seemingly unchecked creative control.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-halo-5-bonnie-ross/

Even if there is "group discussion", this is a poor excuse for the Microsoft Halo division's creative failures. Microsoft creates many great products and games. Unfortunately, this particular division has not. Halo does not cater to all humans like most of Microsoft's other technologies, and the creative decisions regarding the series are misaligned with what its demographic wants.

There is a very specific demographic that comprises the series' fanbase & the choice of characters and interaction taking place in Halo 5's campaign does little to engage, entertain, or enthrall said demographic. Politically correct fiction aside, changing the way Halo multiplayer is announced is tantamount to replacing Michael Buffer with Dolly Parton, and "Let's get ready to rumble" with "Let's have a jolly happy fun time".

There is no boardroom at that Microsoft division. There is one individual with seemingly unchecked creative control.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-halo-5-bonnie-ross/

Even if there is "group discussion", this is a poor excuse for the Microsoft Halo division's creative failures. Microsoft creates many great products and games. Unfortunately, this particular division has not. Halo does not cater to all humans like most of Microsoft's other technologies, and the creative decisions regarding the series are misaligned with what its demographic wants.

There is a very specific demographic that comprises the series' fanbase & the choice of characters and interaction taking place in Halo 5's campaign does little to engage, entertain, or enthrall said demographic. Politically correct fiction aside, changing the way Halo multiplayer is announced is tantamount to replacing Michael Buffer with Dolly Parton, and "Let's get ready to rumble" with "Let's have a jolly happy fun time".

Bonnie Ross trying to emulate Lucas is fucking stupid. We saw what happened when he had complete control - the prequrls. Halo 4 and 5 are like the prequel trilogy for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bonnie Ross trying to emulate Lucas is fucking stupid. We saw what happened when he had complete control - the prequrls. Halo 4 and 5 are like the prequel trilogy for Halo.

Star-Wars-Jar-Jar-Binks-banner.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

On her way to the satellite building one day this summer, she tells the story of founding a studio from scratch after almost every developer from Bungie quit. “It was just me and the consumer-product guys,”

And therein lies the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On her way to the satellite building one day this summer, she tells the story of founding a studio from scratch after almost every developer from Bungie quit. “It was just me and the consumer-product guys,”

Reading that article again, I'm unsure what to make of that line. There exists no context for it in the paragraph at all.

Is this referencing Bungie devs who were at 343 and then quit? Is it referencing Bungie devs who were not sold on her vision and refused to join Microsoft's then-new Halo division? Is it referencing Bungie leaving the oppression of Microsoft Game Studios altogether?

Any of you guys want to play some CE 4v4 or 2v2 playlist? Bored and need a partner, I'm level 11

Gt: killmachine9t1

-Brother talks smack to random BK for shits and giggles

-random says FU

-Brother wants to 1v1

-But can't cuz there are STILL CONNECTION PROBLEMS WHEN TRYING TO JOIN CUSTOM LOBBIES.

Sigh ....the years of pub stomping randoms are just not the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any of you guys want to play some CE 4v4 or 2v2 playlist? Bored and need a partner, I'm level 11

L

Gt: killmachine9t1

I'll add you.

Halo 7: The skill awakens 

There is a thread on the front page of r/halo asking for MCC support from 343. I can't link it at the moment, but everyone should please go and up vote it and comment. So far, there has been no response from @@Bravo or anyone at 343 (shocker right?)

• Upvote (+1) 5

There is a thread on the front page of r/halo asking for MCC support from 343. I can't link it at the moment, but everyone should please go and up vote it and comment. So far, there has been no response from @@Bravo or anyone at 343 (shocker right?)

How longs it been man four months?

I was looking forward to this.

I could put 9 shots in you and you would whip around with a perfect 3....shit was unreal hahaha