CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So sick of H5, I want to physically throw my xbox one out the window. I'm about to go buy MCC again. Never been so frustrated with a video game franchise in my life.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So sick of H5, I want to physically throw my xbox one out the window. I'm about to go buy MCC again. Never been so frustrated with a video game franchise in my life.

Halo 1, 3, and Team Slayer are the only consistent playlists, FYI.

Never thought I'd say this, but they should remove ranks for the fastest matching possible.

Never thought I'd say this, but they should remove ranks for the fastest matching possible.

It makes me pissed they released such a broken game. Whether Halo 5 was good or not, I was planning on playing H2C for years but I can't even get a match anymore. And even if there was a miracle patch that fixed everything, everyone is long gone now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It makes me pissed they released such a broken game. Whether Halo 5 was good or not, I was planning on playing H2C for years but I can't even get a match anymore. And even if there was a miracle patch that fixed everything, everyone is long gone now.

The company should have never bought the rights from Bungie, they don't know how to make a Halo game. There's supposed to be a specific team that works on Halo: MCC and they haven't released a relevant update for it in what? months? 

You're almost forced to play Halo 5 or no Halo at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The company should have never bought the rights from Bungie, they don't know how to make a Halo game. There's supposed to be a specific team that works on Halo: MCC and they haven't released a relevant update for it in what? months? 

You're almost forced to play Halo 5 or no Halo at all. 

Side note because I have to be that guy.

They didn't purchase the rights. Bungie wanted a way out from M$, so they left their child behind for creative freedom. 

Regardless, as many others have said and questioned; does that team even exist? No one knows for sure. There's no point of contact with 343 when it comes to this game. Its been abandoned by their PR point.

Given 343's track record with information and patch work for the MCC I'm not sure if I should be worried about what work they do to it if that ever occurs. Its a sad state of affairs.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its a sad state of affairs.

True. The only thing that could have been done was to boycott H5. Some of us did and miss playing some incarnation of our favorite game.

But it would seem the vast majority went and supported that tarnished Microsoft division... again.

At this point, I'm convinced the game was nothing more than a H5 advertising scheme aimed at tainting the fond memories associated with the initial trilogy. Their strategy to elevate the diminishing fanbase's perception of the current game by attempting to falsely set a negative contrast on earlier titles is in and of itself, such a stupid idea. If that's the best they could come up with at an administrative level, they're a truly sorry cast of characters

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

True. The only thing that could have been done was to boycott H5. Some of us did and miss playing some incarnation of our favorite game.

But it would seem the vast majority went and supported that tarnished Microsoft division... again.

At this point, I'm convinced the game was nothing more than a H5 advertising scheme aimed at tainting the fond memories associated with the initial trilogy. Their strategy to elevate the diminishing fanbase's perception of the current game by attempting to falsely set a negative contrast on earlier titles is in and of itself, such a stupid idea. If that's the best they could come up with at an administrative level, they're a truly sorry cast of characters

Isaid that a year ago and all the tin foil hat memes came out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Isaid that a year ago and all the tin foil hat memes came out.

Isn't it downright insane? It's been over a year and the game still plays like an early beta build. All the senior staff remains and they got "fans" to send em another $xxy.

Can't wait til one of em get canned and spill the beans on this double pink slime supreme from Dairy Queen. It is the next great gaming mystery since that of Battlefront III.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/former-lucasarts-employee-on-why-star-wars-battlefront-iii-failed/1100-6400936/

I just got Derelict in the 4v4 playlist,I died immediately of spawn and thought "thanks Obama, we're gonna lose" and then managed to control top and go 28 -1 for the steaktacular. God damn CE is just beautiful.

And also what's up with @@Moa negging everyone in here?

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's true, but be aware that as bad as you thought OG H3 was in terms of hit rec it's noticeably worse on MCC. Switch back and forth between the two and you'll see how many shots you can make in OG H3 that won't consistently register in MCC H3.

Truth be told and it will probably sound entitled but from a PR standpoint 343 is shit tier. They've burned bridges with various communities. Bungie of course didn't always go out of their way to discuss specifics with the community either, however they actually produced a functioning product. 

It could be. Or it was rushed. Or they were given a small team to create the project. Who knows at this point. I doubt we will ever get to know. They've cut their losses and moved on to their new projects. 

At the end of the day Halo is a unique experience. I've attempted to learn new games, spent many of hours with my local smash scene as their bitch noob. Tried to get into Whitcher 3, Fallout 4, Blops, but shit man. Nothing else captures what I love about Halo. Nothing past Bungie's Halo titles does. 

I'd rather hear 343 be straight up and say," Hey. We fucked up. We fucked up hard. We're sorry. Here's our plan to make MCC work and give you what we promised." 

That's the big dream, yet they didn't even acknowledge its annual release. It wouldn't shock me if they fired a shit ton of people and hired new programmers for Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sometimes I wish they stopped making the mainline Halo games after Halo 3. ODST and Reach were fun spin-offs and Halo Wars, Spartan Strike/Assault are interesting ways to add more to the Halo universe while expanding into different genres. Then they could've released H1-H3 anniversary in 2017 and a proper Halo 4 somewhere down the line.

Instead we got H4, MCC and H5: three rushed attempts at making a Halo game and all of them were a disaster for not only the Halo fans, but they also irreversibly destroyed Halo's reputation for players outside the scene. The MCC honestly hurts the most, so much missed potential. I'm in the same situation I was in 2011, there is just NO WAY to play classic Halo. H1 PC, H2V, H3 on the 360 are dead, Reach's Anniversary playlist (the one 343 didn't cut) is dead, MCC still crashes or disconnects 1/10 games and the search times are getting worse and worse, and 343i is just counting their REQ money and acting like MCC never happened. I hope one day a game can fill the void that classic Halo has left in the FPS scene.

KNvYdTHiiX0.jpg

Sorry for the sad rant guys.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Is theater supposed to work in H5 or not? I just tried to watch one of my videos and was stuck in a loading screen for 5+ minutes so i signed out and back in again

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At the end of the day Halo is a unique experience. I've attempted to learn new games, spent many of hours with my local smash scene as their bitch noob. Tried to get into Whitcher 3, Fallout 4, Blops, but shit man. Nothing else captures what I love about Halo. Nothing past Bungie's Halo titles does. 

It wouldn't shock me if they fired a shit ton of people and hired new programmers for Halo 6.

I share your sentiments with one exception.

I'm one of the few who somewhat enjoyed Halo 4's mechanics, but that's where fun stops. Abysmal was the allocation of a mere 4 maps per playlist, the broken JIP function which would dump people in unwinnable games, & perhaps most offensive: their handling of the DLC. Selling a map pack on top of a season pass can be characterized as nothing less than detestable.

I think that was the point at which my disdain for the current management reached it's highest. MCC was a book-burning spectacle that many were upset by, but I'd been calling for a change to 343's administrative staff since March 2014. They are damn far from a respectable group of people having serious deficiencies in PR, business strategy, customer engagement, product development, creative direction, quality assurance, customer retention, legacy enhancement, & HR. These are external issues. Would you even want to venture a guess as to the internal issues at the studio?

With an enormity of problems in several key areas, how would replacing low and mid level programmers solve the studio's inadequacy?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry for the sad rant guys.

Most of us share your grievances, but no need to be sad and self-pity. "Continue searching" for the root cause of wherein the problem originates and you'll top off that sadness with a resolute feeling of deduced anger.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I share your sentiments with one exception.

I'm one of the few who somewhat enjoyed Halo 4's mechanics, but that's where fun stops. Abysmal was the allocation of a mere 4 maps per playlist, the broken JIP function which would dump people in unwinnable games, & perhaps most offensive: their handling of the DLC. Selling a map pack on top of a season pass can be characterized as nothing less than detestable.

I think that was the point at which my disdain for the current management reached it's highest. MCC was a book-burning spectacle that many were upset by, but I'd been calling for a change to 343's administrative staff since March 2014. They are damn far from a respectable group of people having serious deficiencies in PR, business strategy, customer engagement, product development, creative direction, quality assurance, customer retention, legacy enhancement, & HR. These are external issues. Would you even want to venture a guess as to the internal issues at the studio?

With an enormity of problems in several key areas, how would replacing low and mid level programmers solve the studio's inadequacy?

That's more than fair enough. If you enjoyed Halo 4 for any reason, who am I to tell you not to do such? For me, it killed my interest in console gaming all together. I switched to LoL instead of trying to find what I could enjoy with the game. There is a large divide in the community of those who enjoy the game. I can only speak for myself but the things you listed would be included within my list of things I really disliked about the game. 

As with any business there are a lot of things that we as a consumer don't get to see, hear or read. Its just a part of that system. As you've stated the company as a whole is far from what most of us would rather have. There's no chain of command that delves out consequential action for failing to appease its consumer base. Media and entertainment is an awkward subjective thing that makes accountability hard to come by. You think of a chain eatery, you make a valid complaint and they will respond ASAP to ensure you remain a customer. Obviously this can't be done on such a large scale. However there's an aspect of due diligence that many companies within gaming fail to apply which I personally think is so logical.

A fucking patch list and open communication. 

I can't recall at the moment but a few people and CE old men worked on a bug tracking site with proof, explanation and tracking on its current state. If you as a company aren't even passionate enough to use a template like that, then that's a farce and disservice to the active community.

Anywho- as for my comments about them performing a mass exodus of programmers I imagine at this point 343 isn't a team. They're just a potluck of talented people coming together to try and make a game with no clear focus.

Halo is fucking Frankenstein.  

• Upvote (+1) 7

Anywho- as for my comments about them performing a mass exodus of programmers I imagine at this point 343 isn't a team. They're just a potluck of talented people coming together to try and make a game with no clear focus.

Couldn't have reduced that sauce any more.

From what we've seen in H4 & H5, the programmers are talented.

Concept work from the artists is nothing short of jaw-dropping.

The business people have run the franchise into the god damn ground with their greed and politically correct nonsense. As much as I want to play Halo again, I simply refuse to. I disagree with the policies, philosophies, and lack of accountability at that studio. If none of those things are changed, then I would find it preferable for that Microsoft division to shutter, have the franchise spun-off, & be rebooted under a Microsoft-independent studio in 5-7 years much akin to Star Trek.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hopefully when h5 offers no more money people will come play hardcore again.

I think it's time to remove skilled/ranked based matchmaking from MCC as well as cut atleast half of the playlists.

=[

unrestricted matchmaking > slow and/or no matchmaking at all.

Remove swat, rumble pit, snipers, action sack, and HCS.

Possibly remove doubles and H2A

Almost impossible to find games at low rank or high rank.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I tried going back to H1 after playing H5.  That was a very tough few games.  It was as if I had never played CE before.

They don't want us playing classic Halo

102313-shows-106-park-dj-khaled-2.jpg.pn

When you sold your 360 thinking that MCC would provide all of your Halo playing needs...

dj-khaled-you-played-yourself-congratula

• Upvote (+1) 5