CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Significantly, theres a reason nobody LANs MCC halo 1.

You mean...other than the fact that it's physically impossible to LAN MCC

Significantly, theres a reason nobody LANs MCC halo 1.

Also probably because it's literally impossible. :kappa:

EDIT: ^^ HEY ASSHOLE

• Upvote (+1) 1

You mean...other than the fact that it's physically impossible to LAN MCC

At least the data is actually sent locally rather than to a dedicated server in another state...

Technically it's LAN since the data isn't leaving the local network, however it requires an always on connection for authentication which is stupid as hell.

Going back to MCC because I don't like H5 and it's taking me forever to adjust back to bumper jumper from hellfire. 

What's the population like now? Still healthy enough to find games in any playlist easily enough?

Going back to MCC because I don't like H5 and it's taking me forever to adjust back to bumper jumper from hellfire.

What's the population like now? Still healthy enough to find games in any playlist easily enough?

Dude same! Helljumper has got me pressing all the wrong buttons

Guys you can customize button mappings for standard Xbone controllers:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/xbox-controller-remap-now-available,30584.html

@@znot see? There is a point in changing the button mappings, even you aren't using an Elite controller.

I keep zooming in at people I'm trying to nade and throwing nades when I'm trying to zoom in. So annoying lol

Guys you can customize button mappings for standard Xbone controllers:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/xbox-controller-remap-now-available,30584.html

@@znot see? There is a point in changing the button mappings, even you aren't using an Elite controller.

Well there's no need. I use helljumper because zooming in Halo 5 gives spread reduction and the auto aim helps quite a bit. I still prefer classic BJ for the real halos.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Glad to see some other people joined the Hellumper train. Aiming is so much easier with Helljumper in that game. I think it's mainly a placebo thing for me with guns that ADS though. But I aim and play far better with Helljumper than BJ in H5. I wouldn't mind trying it in previous Halos.

Was hoping button mapping would let you mess with triggers but that's apparently not the case :(

Was going to do LT for Thrust, RB for frags and X for melee. The rest being bumper jumper

Just a heads up

The game is on sale on the marketplace during Black Friday , it's 40% of and Gold members can already get it discounted thanks to early access deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a heads up

The game is on sale on the marketplace during Black Friday , it's 40% of and Gold members can already get it discounted thanks to early access deal.

Should be an extra 60% off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is MCC still region locked?

I have the digital copy but on last update it became corrupt (#justMCCthings) and now I have to download the entire 65 gig again.

Just considering if it's worth doing this, as although I'm tired of h5 there's no point re downloading MCC if I won't get games in 99% of the playlists because I'm from Aus.

Thanks.

I have the digital copy but on last update it became corrupt (#justMCCthings) and now I have to download the entire 65 gig again.

Just considering if it's worth doing this, as although I'm tired of h5 there's no point re downloading MCC if I won't get games in 99% of the playlists because I'm from Aus.

Thanks.

A few pages back there were reports of Australians finding games. I think improvements were made - I'd say give it a shot

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least the data is actually sent locally rather than to a dedicated server in another state...

Technically it's LAN since the data isn't leaving the local network, however it requires an always on connection for authentication which is stupid as hell.

This is what i was referring to.

I use helljumper in Halo 5

First I was like :wutface:

real halos.

Then I was like :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks.

There's a few of us around that still play Halo 1, but it pretty much requires organising custom games. If you expect to find a balanced Halo 1 game with a decent connection it's never going to happen.

There's a few of us around that still play Halo 1, but it pretty much requires organising custom games. If you expect to find a balanced Halo 1 game with a decent connection it's never going to happen.

I still play. Feel free to add me if you want to play H1 customs

Seems like the vast majority of "die hard" h1 fans went to play h5 :walshy:

Seems like the vast majority of "die hard" h1 fans went to play h5 :walshy:

I hope you did not reach that conclusion from 'Halo 1' players on this forum.

I hope you did not reach that conclusion from 'Halo 1' players on this forum.

I am talking about the ones who visit this forum.

• Upvote (+1) 2