CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

^This; I really love the art style of the OG Halo games. I like that they were pseudo-comic book in style, which I think contributed to a mood that was just...more fun. Lots of variety in terms of landscape and environments across the series. 343's move towards realism was, for me, the exact opposite direction to go. Too much visual clutter, too unsaturated in color, too...oppressive.

You know there is a difference between art and graphics? Unfortunately 343 doesn't.

You guys remember this?

6yTf57Z.jpg

What happened to it?

I don't know what is more amazing, that people asked 343 and believed these sort of responses, or that they still wonder where the answer is?

• Upvote (+1) 5

This was fixed a long time ago.

Open the roster, press A on your name and type "Find Player". Enter their GT and you'll be shown their service record with a file share option.

Thanks boo 

I don't know what is more amazing, that people asked 343 and believed these sort of responses, or that they still wonder where the answer is?

He's not lying at all. He states he'll let us know after the issues are fixed which is looking like never.

• Upvote (+1) 6

He's not lying at all. He states he'll let us know after the issues are fixed which is looking like never.

Ya

Keep telling yourself that....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ya

Keep telling yourself that....

I'll make sure to do that as long as you keep telling yourself I was serious.

So I have only been playing h5 and CE recently. Today after I was finished playing CE with my roommate I played a few games of h3 (not hardcore), and its crazy how in h3 you feel like you are moving in quick sand. I don't get how bungie ever thought that was a good idea. 

So I have only been playing h5 and CE recently. Today after I was finished playing CE with my roommate I played a few games of h3 (not hardcore), and its crazy how in h3 you feel like you are moving in quick sand. I don't get how bungie ever thought that was a good idea.

Maybe because the FOV? Thats what ive heard before anyway. Who knows though, I hated h3 partially because of that too. I played like 70 games of it i think. I wont say its a bad game because a ton of people like it, but i personally cant stand the feel of it. Coming from someone who plays h1 though, my opinion is biased.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Was listening to two people arguing in a pregame lobby about MCC. One guy said "bro why are you complaining about MCC it's fuckin' great". Game started and went straight back to the menu. 

Gold. Can't stand the naysayers

Maybe because the FOV? Thats what ive heard before anyway. Who knows though, I hated h3 partially because of that too. I played like 70 games of it i think. I wont say its a bad game because a ton of people like it, but i personally cant stand the feel of it. Coming from someone who plays h1 though, my opinion is biased.

If H3's aiming was due to FOV issues, H2 would likely have been just as bad.

If H3's aiming was due to FOV issues, H2 would likely have been just as bad.

I think he was talking more about the movement speed than the aiming.

I think he was talking more about the movement speed than the aiming.

Well, the movement speed thing has been debunked, you move at basically identical speeds at least in the first three Halo games. So if that were true, it'd be a placebo.

Halo 3 is a shit game gameplay-wise, but I think it had all the necessary elements for it to be addictive: punishing gameplay, very simple in-your-face ranking system, an even simpler 1-win-1-point EXP system (as opposed to today's "every win gets 1,372 points" stuff), extremely basic (and therefore emphasized) social/community aspects, saturated with new "Halo icons" that are critical to the franchise identity (as in, every armour piece is recognizable and iconic, every medal, every shape and texture of a map, every weapon), no 12v12/16v16 nonsense (which outright murders the social aspect of Halo).

Addictiveness and enjoyability are two completely different things. I don't think Bungie ever understood that fully, but 343 definitely doesn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys remember this?

6yTf57Z.jpg

What happened to it?

I also DO NOT LIE or dissemble. I may end up being wrong, or something may change in dev, but I will never deliberately lie here and I will FLIP OUT if someone accuses me of that.

please don't flip out at me frank  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Was listening to two people arguing in a pregame lobby about MCC. One guy said "bro why are you complaining about MCC it's fuckin' great". Game started and went straight back to the menu. 

:lol:

I hopped on last night - was trying to find a game of H2 Classic.

Set up my ipad next to my monitor and put on an episode of Always Sunny. 

After backing out, restarting the search, backing out....... I realized

I WATCHED AN ENTIRE EPISODE AND STILL HADNT FOUND A GAME.

turned off xbone

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick question.

Has the autoaim in Halo 1 on MCC been increased?

I was just comparing the autoaim in H1 to H5 and the autoaim in H1 seems waaaaaaaaaaaay higher than I remember.

Am I stupid or has it always been this high?

Quick question.

I was just comparing the autoaim in H1 to H5 and the autoaim in H1 seems waaaaaaaaaaaay higher than I remember.

I've been wanting to do some tests on that.

Now that I have H5 I think I'm going to do gun tests through the whole series.

I recall you saying that's the only reason you'd buy Halo 5

I recall you saying that's the only reason you'd buy Halo 5

A big motivator, yeah. Although I have to go find a copy of Reach since I forgot my copy was a digital download on my 360 which I sold off...and, you know...wait for them to make it backwards compatible...

Unfortunately I can't test since my modded Xbox's are with my brother.

It must be different, it's almost Halo 2 levels. I'm watching old videos on YouTube that look like they were recorded on a VCR and the autoaim seems much lower.

On MCC I'm struggling to find a place within 10 metres of the player I can shoot without being awarded a head shot.

Unfortunately I can't test since my modded Xbox's are with my brother.

It must be different, it's almost Halo 2 levels. I'm watching old videos on YouTube that look like they were recorded on a VCR and the autoaim seems much lower.

On MCC I'm struggling to find a place within 10 metres of the player I can shoot without being awarded a head shot.

I can probably test it on the weekend, won't be doing much.

Quick question.

Significantly, theres a reason nobody LANs MCC halo 1.