CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm not bored of H5 yet. When I'm playing alone, I tend to not play as long, but a full party on this game is really fun. Ran Breakout/Arena 4s all night.

I love the fact that 95% of my matches are a smooth 60fps dedis experience despite some of the balance problems this game has.

Edit: aaaaaaaand wrong thread

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just lived my lifelong dream of playing Boarding Action snipers on MCC. 

4v3 with an idler on the other team named 117 IAMDEATH6969. 

That is stereotype hilarity, I love it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Comments like this make me so happy I didn't buy h5 lol.

And I agree, it is terrible to watch.

I also didn't/won't buy Halo 5. I've watched a few gameplay videos. I get physically shaken and angry every time I see a gun's sights raise up to the screen.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've had trouble getting games recently - just takes a long time to get a match and I haven't been able to get snipers at night. I'm glad quite a few people seem to like H5 but for whatever reason I just don't like it. I think the whole thruster thing blows hot hairy chunks and the aim sucks. They nerfed sprint but left the maps big AF. They made the AR op and the BR hard to find, but then too easy to use for BR starts if they were ever to come. Is the meta really crouch zoom the AR? Really? And then the whole game seems drawn with the wrong perspective - it just looks weird on the screen, like they used Google Streetview to scale the maps. Honestly, even though the game plays a lot better than H4 I felt more comfortable moving through space and aiming in H4 (aside from too much aim assist). Like someone said before I don't want H5 messing up my aim in other Halo's. (Illogical I know).

So now I feel like H5 and MCC have sort of killed Halo for me. H5 has gutted the MCC population and MCC has gutted what paltry amount of pop we had in 360 H3 (plus it's hard to go back to 30 fps now). When MCC works and the connection is good I'm ecstatic. But it's hit or miss. I'm a man w/ about 1/2 a Halo game right now. Sorry for the wining...

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's so hard to find games now. Has any employee said a single word about this game in the last 3 weeks?

I'm disappointed that so many people here got halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's so hard to find games now. Has any employee said a single word about this game in the last 3 weeks?

Nothing but silence. Not even a peep on the anniversary either.

But its supposedly two separate teams..... Wheres this other team at thats supposed to be managing their game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been having a lot of fun on MCC this past week. In fact I've noticed more and more friends on every day. Just tonight there were at least 4 solid teams duking it out in the h2c playlist.

What sucks is the amount of times the game finds players only to fail to actually connect them. Like cmon you motherfuckers (343) we still play this shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just experienced something really weird playing Halo 1 on Chill Out.

3 or 4 times I would just lose health and hear a melee sound like I was getting side smacked, but everytime it happened no one was there.

Knocked my OS off a few times as well. Almost like the game was processing an earlier melee attack because there was too much shit going.

This happen to anyone else?

Just experienced something really weird playing Halo 1 on Chill Out.

3 or 4 times I would just lose health aND here and melee sound like I was getting side smacked, but everytime it happened no one was there.

Knocked my OS off a few times as well. Almost like the game was processing an early melee attack because there was too much shit going on.

This happen to anyone else?

Phantom/ghost melees. 

Halo CE on MCC still has a ton of bugs that need to be fixed.

http://www.halobugs.com/

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/7778-dedicated-website-for-tracking-halo-ce-gameplay-issues-in-mcc/

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wow, thanks for the vid @@xxcloud7xx

How much worse can the ghost melees get? It seemed to occur about 5 seconds after that guy got meleed in the vid, but mine had to be at least a full 10 or 15 seconds later. One time I didn't even remember getting meleed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How much worse can the ghost melees get? It seemed to occur about 5 seconds after that guy got meleed in the vid, but mine had to be at least a full 10 or 15 seconds later. One time I didn't even remember getting meleed.

Ghost melees only happen to me once every blue moon. I'm assuming the ghost melee happens as soon as the player respawns. Maybe the reason why the ghost melee was delayed for you was because the player had a betrayal or suicide penalty so it took the player longer to respawn?

Woaaaa I swear I played against you or something in the CE playlist a few days ago. Small world, seems a lot of people on MCC still are from Beyond

File sharing is garbage. Just to get good game types I need to add people as friends and hope they completed a campaign missiond to access their file share

File sharing is garbage. Just to get good game types I need to add people as friends and hope they completed a campaign missiond to access their file share

This was fixed a long time ago.

Open the roster, press A on your name and type "Find Player". Enter their GT and you'll be shown their service record with a file share option.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Woaaaa I swear I played against you or something in the CE playlist a few days ago. Small world, seems a lot of people on MCC still are from Beyond

Yeah you probably did. My GT is QVVOTA (w is two Vs) if you want to add me and run some H1 sometime.

But its supposedly two separate teams..... Wheres this other team at thats supposed to be managing their game.

Probably playing halo 5

They were fired the moment H5 launched. 

They were fired the moment H5 launched. 

Not fired.. They had to go back to school; they were highschool interns.

I'm saying though... All the excuses we heard "We didn't work on MCC, it's a different team." "Oh I don't know, it's a different team." 

I'm telling ya'll man, if you were to walk into 343's office, I feel like there would be at most, two people, in that building that has a single file related to MCC still on their computers.

Unfortunately everyone wants to play a game that actually works properly. Honeymoon phase of H5 wore off after the first week, I've played it one time since the releases following Monday. Boring when you play alone.

played a ton of MCC tonight ... wait times were pretty bad though I could find games in every playlist, at least.  I guess in theory population will only go up from here?  people will either leave H5 and return to MCC, or new people will start playing ...

played a ton of MCC tonight ... wait times were pretty bad though I could find games in every playlist, at least.  I guess in theory population will only go up from here?  people will either leave H5 and return to MCC, or new people will start playing ...

I really wish this assumption that "long wait times always equals low population" would die off, because knowing 343 and all the issues we've had, I think it's safe to say that bad performance in matchmaking could be due to poorly-optimized infrastructure rather than no one playing the game.