CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Hopefully mom and dad don't forget.

No way in Hell that they'll say anything about the MCC anniversary. The backlash would be insane.

Halo CE anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary play nothing like the originals. Halo 3 Anniversary better not be messed up. It has to have projectiles and not easy hitscan. They need to use the ranking system that made Halo 3 have so much replay value. It should be the exact same game literally but with better graphics, netcode, and forge. All the maps should be remastered not just 6. The default settings should be the MLG settings with 110% speed 110% Damage and 90% Shield Recharge. BR/AR starts throughout with radar in the casual playlists. That is it. Do not change anything about it like you did with Halo CE and H2. I don't know if I trust 343 to remake my favorite game of all time considering one year later MCC is still a broken mess and all the lies we have been told.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo CE anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary play nothing like the originals. Halo 3 Anniversary better not be messed up. It has to have projectiles and not easy hitscan. They need to use the ranking system that made Halo 3 have so much replay value. It should be the exact same game literally but with better graphics, netcode, and forge. All the maps should be remastered not just 6. The default settings should be the MLG settings with 110% speed 110% Damage and 90% Shield Recharge. BR/AR starts throughout with radar in the casual playlists. That is it. Do not change anything about it like you did with Halo CE and H2. I don't know if I trust 343 to remake my favorite game of all time considering one year later MCC is still a broken mess and all the lies we have been told.

Gotta be honest. What you described would die out faster than anything else in the series so far. Halo 3 is arguably the most frustrating game in the series with regards to 'modern casual' gameplay (fast, satisfying, clean post-AW style gameplay). Driving around in a Warthog on Standoff isn't exactly appealing these days, especially when Warzone offers basically the same thing but bigger. Also, when Reach gets backwards compatibility, ZBNS beats H3 competitive any day, and that's disregarding how H3A might splinter the comptitive community even if it does get competitive right, which it won't.

The things that made Halo 3 a good game (especially casually) could never be brought back. H3A would never have H3's huge population, no huge MLG, no myriad of playlists to choose from, no new campaign, no Bungie Favs, no Bnet groups, etc. It'll still be 'playable' (theoretically) on the MCC, so that's even more reason for 343 to not do it. And graphically, H3 is still relatively new-looking so there's no need to remaster it. As a full remake and a standalone it's just completely unfeasible and a bad idea for 343 and the health of the series. CE and H2 are universally-loved, and that's just not the case with Halo 3.

How about this. Keep everything in one place, in H5. Offer an unlockable H3-style HUD, H3 armour sets, a H3 BR skin and a whole bunch of H3 staple maps brought back. Give Halo 5 a huge overhaul to improve everything about it: the UI, gametype settings, theater, etc.

But the main selling point of it all would be a campaign expansion, something like ODST. Maybe even go back to some of the locations in H3 (I haven't read Hunters in the Dark, but maybe the Ark would be plausible). People already want more campaign in H5, so they're probably already at least considering it. JUST focus on the essentials. The amount of money and effort they could spend on H3A is huge (as it was with CEA and the MCC), and it would be a waste to let that go down the drain on something that would die out nearly instantly. There won't be NEARLY enough hype surrounding Halo in 2017, let alone nostalgia for Halo 3. Default Halo 5 will be dead by then and Halo just won't be able to compete when it's so widely spread-out over so many games.

Edit: I should go easy on the accidental walls of text

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No way in Hell that they'll say anything about the MCC anniversary. The backlash would be insane.

As it should be. I'd like to see an honest message to the community discussing future plans with the game.

As it should be. I'd like to see an honest message to the community discussing future plans with the game.

Yeah I would also like to see the explanation of what went wrong that Frankie promised.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Yeah I would also like to see the explanation of what went wrong that Frankie promised.

You can keep on dream there. Didn't Frankie say he would provide an explanation of what went wrong with MCC once they fixed it? Maybe he is just waiting for MCC to finally be fixed before he gives us said explanation.

I imagine outsourcing was a huge issue with it. That along side with the Xbone tech.

Regardless, I find it really fitting that the H5 servers are having hiccups now...on today of all days.

I guess they stayed true to the whole idea of "Just like you remember it".

• Upvote (+1) 1

I imagine outsourcing was a huge issue with it. That along side with the Xbone tech.

Regardless, I find it really fitting that the H5 servers are having hiccups now...on today of all days.

I guess they stayed true to the whole idea of "Just like you remember it".

What's Frankie's name on this board? Maybe we can just keep tagging and tagging him until we get a response haha. 

What's Frankie's name on this board? Maybe we can just keep tagging and tagging him until we get a response haha. 

unless you make a comment about something that has no relation to the game don't expect him to quote and reply to a question about mcc..

• Upvote (+1) 7

They probably won't make H3 multiplayer. H3 was popular because it was the first Halo game on 360; at the time next-gen, there was no ps3 yet, and cod had not become as popular as it is today.

Also H3 had so many new features such as theater, forge and file share. This will keep new players in. But doing the same thing for future games doesn't keep the new players around. People want brand new things, not updated things on past ideas.

H5 forge will be incredible when it releases. Forge and its memories would be the only reason to go back, but if H5 is better at it, it won't matter for H3. The basic multiplayer with the br spread is terrible and it can only get worse with 343 making it.

Beat case scenario is a campaign with revamped graphics similar to HCEA and H2A. Maybe even dlc add on to MCC.

By the time 2017 comes around, halo 6 will be releasing likely in 2018 and they will focus on that multiplayer, just like they released HCEA but no multiplayer because H4 was releasing a year later.

Driving around in a Warthog on Standoff isn't exactly appealing these days, especially when Warzone offers basically the same thing but bigger.

Halo 3 Big Team is balanced, fun, competitive, and addictive. If there were a Halo 3 only BTB playlist with dedicated servers, I'd play that nonstop. Warzone is a shallow, chaotic, cluster fuck of randomness. Oh and H5's vehicles are clunky and terrible, just like H4's were.

unless you make a comment about something that has no relation to the game don't expect him to quote and reply to a question about mcc..

Gonna try to find a screencap of where he said they would explain what happened. I know mods won't allow it on this board and I wouldn't do it, but I feel like tagging him, Bravo and whoever else on Twitter nonstop. 

Has the leading shots been added to halo CE yet?  The bullet physics in CE were a large part of its skill gap.

Has the leading shots been added to halo CE yet? The bullet physics in CE were a large part of its skill gap.

You think they added anything to MCC after being silent since H5's launch?

Hahahahahahahaha

Happy 1th Anniversary everybody!  :weback:

Don't worry, for the authentic MCC experience, I put as much effort into this photo as the good folks at 343 did on fixing this game, sparing no effort as I wielded Paint's complex editing tools like a sword.

AzYBOMP.jpg?1

:salt:  :kappa:  :salt:

One thing I realized after going back to MCC for a little bit is how much better the graphics of older Halos were. Just something about the simple graphics of Halo 1-3. Halo 5 graphics just seem so fricken cliché.

The saturated one tone green of Halo 1 masterchief is king.

I think you mean art style instead graphics and I agree, Bungie knew how to make a great looking Halo game with just aesthetics and design choices.

I haven't played Destiny so I'm unbiased. I really think that game's art style would work perfectly in a Halo game. I've always thought the whole 'keep it simple' thing is kind of dumb, especially considering how arguably the prettiest Halo game (Reach) had at least the most complex visuals of the Bungie games, and possibly even the 343 games. It's about making lots of shit work together, not throwing out everything until it starts looking like 'durrr minimalism' Behance/Medium.com/15-year-old Tumblr girl 'design' crap as a lot of stuff is these days. Reach did that by unifying everything under the 'grim and grey' colour scheme and generally just by not being ******** with stuff like visual bloom and ridiculous useless circles randomly thrown on the sniper for no reason.

Generally, Halo 4 and 5's designs aren't overcomplicated, they just lack focus. It should draw attention to certain focal points, and it can do so without being excessively simplified.

A simple colour change can make a huge difference, like below. (Try to ignore the lack of a scope, I had the .psd file just lying there and I had already removed the scope, so...)

LMYKBES.gif

The Shotgun is possibly the worst offender. Completely devoid of any focus and you have nowhere to look. Have an even worse Photoshop in which I bring back the old lights. (I'm only making these out of personal curiosity btw.)

9397FaU.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

One thing I realized after going back to MCC for a little bit is how much better the graphics of older Halos were. Just something about the simple graphics of Halo 1-3. Halo 5 graphics just seem so fricken cliché.]

The saturated one tone green of Halo 1 masterchief is king.

^This; I really love the art style of the OG Halo games. I like that they were pseudo-comic book in style, which I think contributed to a mood that was just...more fun. Lots of variety in terms of landscape and environments across the series. 343's move towards realism was, for me, the exact opposite direction to go. Too much visual clutter, too unsaturated in color, too...oppressive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look, I'm not the best Halo player but now that I'm back on console I'd love some people to play Halo CE on the MCC and I guess 2/3 too with. I've mostly played PC/Custom Edition online before and quite frankly I'm nowhere near as good on the controller as I was with kbm, but I'd like to learn and get better at it. I never really played 2 or 3 online either so it'd be nice to have somebody who might be willing to play those two later on. Since I'm pretty bad I don't mind how good or not you may be, but I just want to play some classic Halo with some mature(ish) people.

GT is WoodsEvening530. (Yes it's a crappy generic one. I have yet to think of a snazzy one to change it to and I don't want to have to fork over cash to M$ just to change my nae again.)