CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

@

I agree, it's just something I never really valued until I started enjoying the random matches in the 2v2 playlist. Up until MCC, I always had a group of friends to play with, but since the Xbone is such a flaming piece of shit, only one of my friends picked it up.

I think it was @@Jawshe that was outspoken about the social aspect of the game a few hundred pages back. People were complaining about party restrictions and he said to basically stop being a nerd and get some friends. At the time I think he got negged pretty hard but in reality if everyone would just build a friends list we wouldn't need to be so picky about matchmaking.

@

I agree, it's just something I never really valued until I started enjoying the random matches in the 2v2 playlist. Up until MCC, I always had a group of friends to play with, but since the Xbone is such a flaming piece of shit, only one of my friends picked it up.

I think it was @@Jawshe that was outspoken about the social aspect of the game a few hundred pages back. People were complaining about party restrictions and he said to basically stop being a nerd and get some friends. At the time I think he got negged pretty hard but in reality if everyone would just build a friends list we wouldn't need to be so picky about matchmaking.

Its all good. Just to me, I feel like solo Halo is a pale shadow of what playing Halo with friends is like. So many good memories.

And while I agree that the Halo community needs to be more social and vocal (MICS COME WITH THE CONSOLE PEOPLE) I feel like that shouldn't be an excuse for bad team matchups with no party restrictions.

Regarding the CE 4v4 Playlist...

343 didn't include what was by far the most popular gametype/map combination (CTF on BG) on XBC for the casual crowd.

Clearly they are clueless (how is beyond me) about the game that they piggy backed on their way to millions of dollars.

Plan on them doing nothing right.

Edit: cause mobile

wait bloodgulch still isnt part of the 4v4 CE playlist yet?

didnt bravo tweet like 2 weeks ago that itll be part of it very soon?

wait bloodgulch still isnt part of the 4v4 CE playlist yet?

didnt bravo tweet like 2 weeks ago that itll be part of it very soon?

To be honest I'm not sure, they may have. I remember them doing a waypoint poll or something after getting social media backlash. It's initial exclusion however speaks volumes about them.

If they did add it, I'm sorry to say it's a little too late.. :/

Ayy boys I'll be hosting some 2v2 customs and stuff at 9:30 EST, normally I'd post this in "I'm playing now" butit seems unless I plan this out in afvance no one joins, just playing for fun so pls no saltiness, fair warning I'm amateur at the game

Ayy boys I'll be hosting some 2v2 customs and stuff at 9:30 EST, normally I'd post this in "I'm playing now" butit seems unless I plan this out in afvance no one joins, just playing for fun so pls no saltiness, fair warning I'm amateur at the game

Amateur hour boys. If you want to play, hit me up. I want to return to the glorious H1.

Amateur hour boys. If you want to play, hit me up. I want to return to the glorious H1.

Return? As in you bought h5?

Edit 5

What are you doing...?

Lol it'll be a slaughter then

Return? As in you bought h5?

Return as in I haven't played MCC H1 in absolute donkeys. Should be a blast.

Anyone have some fun (preferably Race tracks and gametypes) in their file share? Also, if we're silver accounts, can we get them from someone's fileshare?

Edit: Don't really need anymore. Would like to get Halo on Halo, though.

Also, the glitch where your custom shit randomly deletes is so dumb.

Is there a new message of the day or has that been there i don't remember reading it.

New

• Upvote (+1) 1

Break out the champagne! One year ago MCC dropped.

One year gone and what a year its been, filled with lies and disappointment. IDK about you guys but I'm looking forward to another year of the same.

Shout out to all the people who took time off work to play this

Shout out to Frankie who said we'd get an explanation as to how this happened that never came

Shout out to wasting time porting ODST and making a map that no one requested instead of fixing the game

Shout out to "We didn't see these issues in testing"

Shout out to "working on a patch for four months" and fixing nothing

Shout out to the weeks and sometimes months of silence

Shout out to the guys who keep playing despite the bullshit. This is the last time I'm going go be able to play Halo 1 or 2 online again, so I am going nowhere. Hopefully enough stay around to keep MCC a somewhat enjoyable experience. Cheers boys
  • Upvote (+1) 5

To be honest I'm not sure, they may have. I remember them doing a waypoint poll or something after getting social media backlash. It's initial exclusion however speaks volumes about them.

If they did add it, I'm sorry to say it's a little too late.. :/

Don't think it was added. To be fair, its a fun thing but I would honestly rather see a few other things changed and added first.

Playing MCC with my friends today was quite the pain. We were trying to play locally on some fun custom gametypes. The process is just absolutely ridiculous, assuming I didn't miss something obvious. I had to Google 'MCC best custom games' to get to a forum post where people hopefully posted their GT saying they had the alleged game types in their file share, hoping they didn't change their GT/still have it in their file share, and if I got that you can't access their file share without friending them, and even after they're your friend, you can't access it from the friends list like in Halo 3, you have to pull up the in-game leader boards for Campaign and sort by your friends to get to their in-game profile and, proceed to download, only for all of them to be deleted by some strange glitch that only occurs locally. 

Rant aside, I'm still looking for Halo on Halo (Halo 3) if anyone has it, thanks. 

I would rather not have BG in CE 4v4, but I hate BTB maps.

I would be quitting a lot if that were added.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Moa saw your tweet, cannot wait to see what you have to say about MCC one year later.

I didn't actually write anything, I was just teasing :P

I didn't actually write anything, I was just teasing :P

What is there to write?

Still doesn't work as intended, what are dedicated servers, to1s vs to4s, ranking system does literally nothing, playlists/settings overall are still terrible.

Saved you a job :bman: