CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

4v4 CE list solo last night...

Went 35-7 one game and 29-3 in another. We won by 3 kills in each game lmao. I think I had the most assists in both too.

If I go in with my full squad it's 50-10 or worse every single game. Either this speaks to h1's skillgap or these kids all have a missing chromosome.

Went 35-7 one game and 29-3 in another. We won by 3 kills in each game lmao. I think I had the most assists in both too.

If I go in with my full squad it's 50-10 or worse every single game. Either this speaks to h1's skillgap or these kids all have a missing chromosome.

Not specific to h1, if I went in ts playlist for e.g with a four the score would be the same lol.

I can beat this though.

Went in with a friend. Got BA snipers.

Me-25 and 6

Friend-24-8

Randos

0-22

0-14

The playlist is social....so u should expect skill levels to be all over the place...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am 100% convinced that there are a bunch of bots in multiplayer as the only way to get a full team.

lol never seen so many incompetent "people" lolol 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The playlist is social....so u should expect skill levels to be all over the place...

Just commenting that the vast majority of people on there are godawful at Halo 1, have no ability to learn useful strategy, and I seem to get stuck with the crap kids more often. I will have all our teammates watch me toss the flag across the map on Hang Em High and easily score, and the next kid will go up and try to run it back wall or something equally stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can beat this though.

Went in with a friend. Got BA snipers.

Me-25 and 6

Friend-24-8

Randos

0-22

0-14

I know it's a social list but I probably would have thrown my controller through the TV if that happened regardless of circumstance.

Just commenting that the vast majority of people on there are godawful at Halo 1, have no ability to learn useful strategy, and I seem to get stuck with the crap kids more often.

Oh I can definitely agree with this LOL. Halo 1 on xbl has really exposed me to how terrible later halo games have made players. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it's a social list but I probably would have thrown my controller through the TV if that happened regardless of circumstance.

I merely put the controller down, went for a smoke and pretended it never happened. 

As Aka said,

Its mind blowing seeing Halo players THAT bad. I mean no joke my dad who hasn't touched a game since Virtuacop on the Saturn can at least get 3 kills. 

code sprint into the game as well

I respect your enthusiasm but that playlist needs some changes man. The only reason I wanted to throw ranks on it is because every single match is super flippy-floppy with unbalanced teams and idlers/quitters. Also I'll never understand why the majority of the maps are the same as the 2v2 playlist, 4v4 works on the larger maps as well. It's like the playlist doesn't have an identity, it's just a hodge-podge of random maps/gametypes that don't really work together except for a few.

Parties of 4 still are abundant. Cant even play ranked. I really paid for a game that I can hardly play anymore and that I barely got to play in a working state. 

I respect your enthusiasm but that playlist needs some changes man. The only reason I wanted to throw ranks on it is because every single match is super flippy-floppy with unbalanced teams and idlers/quitters. Also I'll never understand why the majority of the maps are the same as the 2v2 playlist, 4v4 works on the larger maps as well. It's like the playlist doesn't have an identity, it's just a hodge-podge of random maps/gametypes that don't really work together except for a few.

With the exception of a few wrong settings, the map/gametype combos in the 4s playlist are roughly the same settings MLG used for halo 1 in 2004. I understand why you want to see some of the larger maps in the playlist, but its pretty insensitive to label it 'A hodge podge of random gametypes' when these are considered by many to be the definitive competitive settings for 4v4 halo 1.

Well on another note I saw that the game made it back to the top 10 at #10 yesterday, so at least the game had like 25K+ players.

They should bump it up to 5v5

yes because maps like Longest, Prisoner and Wizard will be amazing in 5v5.

Can we please stop giving 343i even more bad ideas? They are pretty damn good at coming up with their own.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With the exception of a few wrong settings, the map/gametype combos in the 4s playlist are roughly the same settings MLG used for halo 1 in 2004. I understand why you want to see some of the larger maps in the playlist, but its pretty insensitive to label it 'A hodge podge of random gametypes' when these are considered by many to be the definitive competitive settings for 4v4 halo 1.

Hmm I'm not familiar with those gametypes. Point taken.

yes because maps like Longest, Prisoner and Wizard will be amazing in 5v5.

Can we please stop giving 343i even more bad ideas? They are pretty damn good at coming up with their own.

All I really mean to say is there's already a playlist with those maps and it would be nice to be able to play some larger maps. BTB is has too many players and there's a strong chance people will pick something else besides CE.

That being said, I wasn't aware of the 4v4 MLG gametypes. Still would be nice to have even more options for CE players.

Hmm I'm not familiar with those gametypes. Point taken.

All I really mean to say is there's already a playlist with those maps and it would be nice to be able to play some larger maps. BTB is has too many players and there's a strong chance people will pick something else besides CE.

That being said, I wasn't aware of the 4v4 MLG gametypes. Still would be nice to have even more options for CE players.

It would be, i really wish we could easily play some of the maps from the PC version but i really like the rotation in the 4s playlist.

Here is the MLG 4s settings, as you can see the playlist has quite a few wrong gametype settings but is pretty close.

4v4 Settings

1. All Settings listed below and next to the game types are those that are not default for the specific game type (Team Slayer, CTF Pro, Team Ball, or Team King).
  2. Death Bonus and Kill Penalty are off for all games.
  3. Radar is off with the exception of Battle Creek CTF Pro.
  4. Respawn Time is 10 Seconds with the exception of Team Slayer (5 Seconds).
  5. Suicide penalty is 10 seconds for all games.
  6. Equipment is Generic.
  7. Team King and Team Ball games are 5 Minutes to Win with the exception of Team Ball Damnation Reverse Tag (10 Minutes).
  8. CTF Pro games are 3 captures to win with the exception of both variations of Wizard CTF Pro (5 Captures).

Game Types

Team Slayer

• Derelict
  • Damnation
  • Hang ‘Em High
  • Chill Out
  • Battle Creek
  • Longest
  • Rat Race
  • Boarding Action-Sniping Weapon Set

CTF Pro

• Wizard-Pistols Weapon Set
  • Wizard-Default Generic
  • Longest
  • Derelict
  • Battle Creek
  • Rat Race (2 games played, 1 from each base, total caps wins)
  • Hang ‘Em High (2 games played, 1 from each base, total caps wins)
  • Damnation (2 games played, 1 from each base, total caps wins)

Team Ball

• Longest
  • Chill Out
  • Damnation-Reverse Tag-2 Balls

Team King

• Battle Creek
  • Derelict-Pistols Weapon Set
  • Damnation
  • Upvote (+1) 2