CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

DId some 4v4 CE tonight. Just me and my buddy because going in with a full team is guaranteed shutouts every single game and it's more fun to try to carry dumbasses sometimes.

However once in a while you get some teammates who make you want to put your fist through a wall.

HeH CTF from red base.

I go 41-14 with a flag cap (spawn sniping), my buddy goes 47-19 (running street to get camo).

We go up 2-0. Alright we're looking good. Keep spawn killing but our dumbass teammates keep trying to run flag back wall while cross map ARing off spawn. The only reason they even make it to the blue base is because I'm spawn sniping like crazy trying to keep them alive.

Other team gets one cap. No biggie. We get their flag to our base, our flag guy just crouches in a corner instead of running up the tower, we get spawn rekt and they return, they cap, keep spawn wrecking us, they run the flag out and we finally break the trap and I snipe the flag runner but it falls behind the pyramid top blue, and they are smart enough to know the trick to crouch jump the flag up, cap to win because capping blue is easy as fuck.

Look at the ending stats.... our teammates went a combined 6-66 and that's with us constantly bailing them out and making enemies one-shot for them to clean up easily. Sigh

An even scarier thought Vinny is that those kids who went 6-66 in CE are of the same mindset that make up the current halo 5 fanbase. No worries though, once Christmas comes they will get their copy of halo 5, enabling much better games of random 4v4 CE CTF to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You know in CSGO they refuse to make the bots better because it would encourage kicking the worst players to get a (better) bot.

But if Halo had bots there would literally be no way to make a bot worse than some of the people who play MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 9

i have 1 friend still on this game RIP that friend  :prayers:

Let me know if I misunderstood... But you're saying RIP to people that still play MCC?

I say RIP to those who jumped on H5, good riddance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will check out her books. How ironic that her husband's name was Frank Oconnor - 1929-1979

Check out Atlas Shrugged.

*Liberal hate incoming*

But, this tbh:

Yo I heard reading takes a long time.

Hard-mode: get through the monologue at the end

• Upvote (+1) 2

*Liberal hate incoming*

But, this tbh:

I know the book was written awhile back.  Did she essentially predict than a majority of gen Z kid biggest challenge is breaking away from the entitlement mold?  

The most recent gem -  "Halo 5 time to kill is too long" :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132769

The $60 Microsoft-published MCC has as much fully working & enjoyable content as a $10 indie game, yet thanks to a successful propaganda campaign, the wider population believes that it's everything it claims to be, with a few server bugs.

There will be no more fixes. There will be no more refunds. This is the worst atrocity in electronic entertainment history since Big Rigs, and going by the number of mentions MCC's gotten in that thread, nobody gives a flying f***.

Truly, I get more satisfaction out of playing a 16 year old 2D turn-based game than I do ANYTHING in MCC, and it'll soon have a bigger online population to boot.

b%C3%B8.jpg

"Hey, Mike, some crazy old guy says there was a time when Xbox Live was FUN! LOL!!!"

The $60 Microsoft-published MCC has as much fully working & enjoyable content as a $10 indie game, yet thanks to a successful propaganda campaign, the wider population believes that it's everything it claims to be, with a few server bugs.

There will be no more fixes. There will be no more refunds. This is the worst atrocity in electronic entertainment history since Big Rigs, and going by the number of mentions MCC's gotten in that thread, nobody gives a flying f***.

Truly, I get more satisfaction out of playing a 16 year old 2D turn-based game than I do ANYTHING in MCC, and it'll soon have a bigger online population to boot.

Are you an ad-bot?

I'm scared to click on your random links.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you an ad-bot?

Would I have more upvotes with fewer posts than you if I was?

Then again, a lot of people on here have purchased Halo 5, so maybe that's not a very good guideline...

Holy shit that monologue took me as much time to read as the rest of the book.

Can only read like 2 pages in a sitting before getting bored. I think it's 80 pages. Excruciating.

Would I have more upvotes with fewer posts than you if I was?

Then again, a lot of people on here have purchased Halo 5, so maybe that's not a very good guideline...

I think it was just a joke that your post looked really weird with all the random links sorta like, well, an adbot.

Nothing personal.

b%C3%B8.jpg

"Hey, Mike, some crazy old guy says there was a time when Xbox Live was FUN! LOL!!!"

While I absolutely share your disgust, your post is a little bit misleading...

343 have not flat-out confirmed that they have dropped MCC support. I know, I know - I'm not holding my breath. I'm not in denial. But before I clicked on that link I readied myself for the worst - only to find out that it was about the Arkham Knight ordeal.

I bought this shitty excuse of a console solely to play CE online. And I'm able to do so, though not in the form I would like. I have a big old group of people online every night running customs and I can consistently get my fix. I'll bet the population isn't too bad, either (at least for CE).

Still, it's with the MCC fiasco that my passion for gaming died. The only games I play nowadays are CE (all 3 versions, whenever I can), some Nintendo stuff and other games like Morrowind here and there. I'm not going to be buying into any more "big-budget" promises because I can't have my heart broken again like it was in November 2014.

I'm not planning to stop playing CE on MCC anytime soon. Even its shitty netcode is better than PC's shitty netcode, and at least the skill matching works well enough to get me tight matches (for the most part). I'm not going to start singing 343's praises, though.

The promise of what the collection could have been will forever haunt me.

Are you an ad-bot?

I'm scared to click on your random links.

You're scared of neogaf, steam store and youtube?

I mean the track record of this game and what's been delivered would lead many to believe support is dead. They just "worked on a patch for four months" and hardly anything changed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Still, it's with the MCC fiasco that my passion for gaming died. The only games I play nowadays are CE (all 3 versions, whenever I can), some Nintendo stuff and other games like Morrowind here and there. I'm not going to be buying into any more "big-budget" promises because I can't have my heart broken again like it was in November 2014.

I bought MCC and an Xbone blind because there had never been a non-functional Halo title up to that point. Rough (the PC ports), and with poor design choices (Reach & 4), but not broken. Above all else, Halo had managed to retain a seal of quality similar to Zelda - You could buy any title and get, if not an amazing experience, at least a positive one.

But alas, MCC took a CDI-sized s*** on some of the best interactive entertainment ever made.

I still have passion for Zelda, The Elder Scrolls, and a couple of other franchises, though. But no future Microsoft-published game or console will enter my house unless it's something that completely redeems them...an HONEST gift to the fans.

You know in CSGO they refuse to make the bots better because it would encourage kicking the worst players to get a (better) bot.

I don't mind if they don't make bots better at aiming but when the bot is the only one on your team with money and it buys an M249 then proceeds to rush mid against an awp..... :salt:

But if Halo had bots there would literally be no way to make a bot worse than some of the people who play MCC.

hahaha

I mean the track record of this game and what's been delivered would lead many to believe support is dead. They just "worked on a patch for four months" and hardly anything changed.

The silver lining if that's true is that at least they won't take down the 4v4 CE Playlist

I bought MCC and an Xbone blind because there had never been a non-functional Halo title up to that point. Rough (the PC ports), and with poor design choices (Reach & 4), but not broken. Above all else, Halo had managed to retain a seal of quality similar to Zelda - You could buy any title and get, if not an amazing experience, at least a positive one.

But alas, MCC took a CDI-sized s*** on some of the best interactive entertainment ever made.

I still have passion for Zelda, The Elder Scrolls, and a couple of other franchises, though. But no future Microsoft-published game or console will enter my house unless it's something that completely redeems them...an HONEST gift to the fans.

I did the same thing. I was in my last term of University. Getting shit on by debt and said, fuck it. Sold my 360, 2 guitars, furniture and my old monitor. Got the xbone, MCC and a new tv. Only to get utterly shit on by it. It was such a sour experience. On top of that, my xbone green bricked.

Broken game and console. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you get a warranty repair?

After having to explain to tech for 4hrs that I just got the console 2 weeks ago, yes. It was brutal however. The amount of times they want you to powercycle it is asinine. I can understand they have directions they have to follow, but I felt like he thought I was a grandma in her 60's. 

So I take it that the 2 Russians who single-handedly put the CE port together are not fixing it, no?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I take it that the 2 Russians who single-handedly put the CE port together are not fixing it, no?

Russians?  They were 2 interns.  The least they could have done is make it so that when you are in the states and shoot at someone who lives in Europe or Mexico, it doesn't take a full pistol clip of 12 head shots to kill them when they don't have OS.  I mean, that amazing netcode and epic shot registration ONLY causes 9 shots to miss.   :)