CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

My bad I thought this thread was to discuss MCC, if you've got nothing to add on the subject why are you posting in here?

I am asking, do you not prefer h1, h2 or h3?

Jumped to a bit of a conclusion there didn't you?

I am asking, do you not prefer h1, h2 or h3?

Jumped to a bit of a conclusion there didn't you?

Perhaps I did. HCS has the more competitive gametypes though I forgot about THC. Only got a couple matches there though.

I don't really like CE or H2 on MCC. They don't feel right.

Perhaps I did. HCS has the more competitive gametypes though I forgot about THC. Only got a couple matches there though.

I don't really like CE or H2 on MCC. They don't feel right.

h1 pistol is horrible in mcc and h2 beatdowns just don't do anything so that's understandable lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright boys, the honeymoon is over. I cant believe i fell for the hype :wutface:

lol I really don't get it. I tuned into a halo 5 stream and see snipedown sprinting around, thrust away in every single fight he goes down shots, everyone with their AR skins (lol) using a pistol that probably kills one person at most before being reloaded and I'm like what is so special about this game? This honestly reminds me of when people thought Halo 4 was good.

Yeah H5 has some cool features with the ranking system but the game still suffers from the same damn problems Halo 4 did too. I'll just go back to my BR starts on good maps in H2, maybe try to learn CE one day and never look back. H5 is so overrated.

• Upvote (+1) 5

lol I really don't get it. I tuned into a halo 5 stream and see snipedown sprinting around, thrust away in every single fight he goes down shots, everyone with their AR skins (lol) using a pistol that probably kills one person at most before being reloaded and I'm like what is so special about this game? This honestly reminds me of when people thought Halo 4 was good.

Yeah H5 has some cool features with the ranking system but the game still suffers from the same damn problems Halo 4 did too. I'll just go back to my BR starts on good maps in H2, maybe try to learn CE one day and never look back. H5 is so overrated.

Learning H1 is the best thing I have ever done with my time haha and yeah I just really had hope for h5 but I was wrong. Still hoping 343 will fix H1 ):
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't get your hopes up about any more updates....I think this game is irrelevant to 343 now.

Turns on game

Sees that you don't have the option to vote for diff map

Trades game in

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't get your hopes up about any more updates....I think this game is irrelevant to 343 now.

It was always irrelevent. Gamers these days are literally ********, it doesn't matter how badly you screw them over, they'll always come back for more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was always irrelevent. Gamers these days are literally ********, it doesn't matter how badly you screw them over, they'll always come back for more.

Can you really blame them when the parenting has been so piss poor?  Current young generation gamers for the most part (not all) are taught by their teachers, parents, coaches that everyone is a winner and it's OK to fail and that 2nd place is still winning.

Sorry, that is not correct, and this false teaching has made it's way all the way into corporate America.

I've got guys that come into my office and when I ask them why I should hire them, with an entitled attitude they say "because I have a degree and I've earned the right to work here"  I laugh instantly and just send them off.  Then I call up my recruiter and tell him that he's fired for not doing a better job of screening these entitled peasants.  

My cousin's employer hired a guy who had an excellent resume, and all the guy does is play on his iphone during work hours.  Most of that generation of entitled kids who grew up under the no child left behind umbrella are like this.  New games with low skill curves like halo 5 appease these types of gamers because they can actually get a kill or two, unlike in halo CE, counter strike, etc where they get absolutely destroyed.  All this does is require the game to be patched and more competitive tweaks added before it is suitable for competitive level tournament play.  

These associations like MLG, Iron Gaming, etc do not want games that are made to appease noobs so that the dev's generate top $$$.  They want them to be suitable for competitive level play so that THEY can make money.  343 profitability is that last concern.

Typical outlook of current gen gamer:

"But I don't want to put time into a game to be good!!!"   

"I want instant gratification!!"

"Games should be fun, not punishing because the skill curve is too high!!!"

Pussification of America happening right before your eyes, and is even noticeable at something so simplistic as gaming.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can you really blame them when the parenting has been so piss poor?  Current young generation gamers for the most part (not all) are taught by their teachers, parents, coaches that everyone is a winner and it's OK to fail and that 2nd place is still winning.

Sorry, that is not correct, and this false teaching has made it's way all the way into corporate America.

I've got guys that come into my office and when I ask them why I should hire them, with an entitled attitude they say "because I have a degree and I've earned the right to work here"  I laugh instantly and just send them off.  Then I call up my recruiter and tell him that he's fired for not doing a better job of screening these entitled peasants.  

My cousin's employer hired a guy who had an excellent resume, and all the guy does is play on his iphone during work hours.  Most of that generation of entitled kids who grew up under the no child left behind umbrella are like this.  New games with low skill curves like halo 5 appease these types of gamers because they can actually get a kill or two, unlike in halo CE, counter strike, etc where they get absolutely destroyed.  All this does is require the game to be patched and more competitive tweaks added before it is suitable for competitive level tournament play.  

These associations like MLG, Iron Gaming, etc do not want games that are made to appease noobs so that the dev's generate top $$$.  They want them to be suitable for competitive level play so that THEY can make money.  343 profitability is that last concern.

Pussification of America happening right before your eyes, and is even noticeable at something so simplistic as gaming.  

You should read Ayn Rand if you haven't already.

I agree with you btw

DId some 4v4 CE tonight. Just me and my buddy because going in with a full team is guaranteed shutouts every single game and it's more fun to try to carry dumbasses sometimes.

However once in a while you get some teammates who make you want to put your fist through a wall.

HeH CTF from red base.

I go 41-14 with a flag cap (spawn sniping), my buddy goes 47-19 (running street to get camo).

We go up 2-0. Alright we're looking good. Keep spawn killing but our dumbass teammates keep trying to run flag back wall while cross map ARing off spawn. The only reason they even make it to the blue base is because I'm spawn sniping like crazy trying to keep them alive.

Other team gets one cap. No biggie. We get their flag to our base, our flag guy just crouches in a corner instead of running up the tower, we get spawn rekt and they return, they cap, keep spawn wrecking us, they run the flag out and we finally break the trap and I snipe the flag runner but it falls behind the pyramid top blue, and they are smart enough to know the trick to crouch jump the flag up, cap to win because capping blue is easy as fuck.

Look at the ending stats.... our teammates went a combined 6-66 and that's with us constantly bailing them out and making enemies one-shot for them to clean up easily. Sigh

• Upvote (+1) 1

snip

Compared to most new games, H5 is actually quite difficult.  I can't get any of the young Army guys I work with to try Halo.  I can't pull them off of CoD and Destiny.  It's too hard.  They'll give some BS reason why they don't like it, but the real reason is that they're used to dropping a guy quickly and easily, and they don't know how to handle longer engagements and work for their kills.  Quite frustrating.  I haven't had a local Halo player out here in Hawaii in 2 years   :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

After grinding a tad bit of Halo 5, I've come to realize how much more I love Halo CE. I'll still play 5 simple because, its a new game. There are fun moments here and there.  New things to learn and try. However playing just 6 or 7 CE games it feels so smooth in comparison. Kind of funny that a fucking game from 2001 is functionally better than a new AAA title. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Compared to most new games, H5 is actually quite difficult.  I can't get any of the young Army guys I work with to try Halo.  I can't pull them off of CoD and Destiny.  It's too hard.  They'll give some BS reason why they don't like it, but the real reason is that they're used to dropping a guy quickly and easily, and they don't know how to handle longer engagements and work for their kills.  Quite frustrating.  I haven't had a local Halo player out here in Hawaii in 2 years   :(

If we were on the same island I'd be down, but you're on Oahu.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Learning Halo 1 has destroyed my love for every other Halo game. Single handedly the best competitive and fun game I've ever played, and I'm not even that good at it.

I started in Halo 3 and used to love it, then played Halo 2 for the first time in MCC. I then hated Halo 3.

Then I played Halo 1 for the first time on MCC. I then hated Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Compared to most new games, H5 is actually quite difficult. I can't get any of the young Army guys I work with to try Halo. I can't pull them off of CoD and Destiny. It's too hard. They'll give some BS reason why they don't like it, but the real reason is that they're used to dropping a guy quickly and easily, and they don't know how to handle longer engagements and work for their kills. Quite frustrating. I haven't had a local Halo player out here in Hawaii in 2 yearsdan:(

Yep, I'm afraid that instant gratification has become a big problem.

Destiny...lol shortly after that game came out I got all 3 classes to level 30 (that was the level cap at the time) and had every exotic and raid weapon for all 3 classes. At that time less than 5% who owned the game had beaten the raid. Sold that PSN account to some guy in the UK for $500 USD.

You know a game is garbage when it encorporates a super move which results in guaranteed kills.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've got guys that come into my office and when I ask them why I should hire them, with an entitled attitude they say "because I have a degree and I've earned the right to work here" I laugh instantly and just send them off. Then I call up my recruiter and tell him that he's fired for not doing a better job of screening these entitled peasants.

What's your job? You said recruiter like it's military, then you said hire like it was a corporate job. Generally curious, idk if I've ever seen the word recruit and hire used for a job. Maybe I'm drawing a blank lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should read Ayn Rand if you haven't already.

I agree with you btw

I will check out her books. How ironic that her husband's name was Frank Oconnor - 1929-1979

What the hell is your problem man? Videogames were always here for fun in first place. Some people just want to hop in and have fun when they play for a few hours a week. Not everyone plays games with a big competitive mindset which is fine.

CoD and Destiny are popular. I cant stand them at all. But I dont judge people that enjoy such video games and have fun in them.

What's your job? You said recruiter like it's military, then you said hire like it was a corporate job. Generally curious, idk if I've ever seen the word recruit and hire used for a job. Maybe I'm drawing a blank lol.

It is a corporate job. I'm in specialty chemical sales and product development.

The term "recruiter" refers to a head hunter or a job recruiter. We use a 3rd party service and pay them a 10% finders fee to find qualified individuals.

See here: http://www.businessinsider.com/former-headhunter-this-is-how-you-get-on-a-recruiters-radar--even-if-youre-unemployed-2012-7

I will check out her books. How ironic that her husband's name was Frank Oconnor - 1929-1979

Yo I heard reading takes a long time. Isn't there something more instant?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the hell is your problem man? Videogames were always here for fun in first place. Some people just want to hop in and have fun when they play for a few hours a week. Not everyone plays games with a big competitive mindset which is fine.

CoD and Destiny are popular. I cant stand them at all. But I dont judge people that enjoy such video games and have fun in them.

The problem is individuals who feel like they are entitled and owed something and the resultant games that are developed to appease these mindsets. This is because that is what the majority fanbase calls for. The end result is that the original fans of halo (the ones that made future halo games possible) are the ones that are not rewarded for their support.

Halo CE on MCC is the way it is (still bugged) because resources had to be taken off it to make halo 5.

When Halo CE came out, it morphed into a competitive game very quickly, and is the reason that MLG came into existence. I've played many fun games but when I see something with "halo" in the title, I expect it to be a competitive game. Unfortunately that is hardly the case in comparison to high skill curve games like CE. As it was already stated, go watch snip3downs stream to see just how far from the tree the halo 5 apple has fallen. If I want to play something "fun" I'll play a game that doesn't have Halo in its title, or at least that is how the franchise should be.

Yo I heard reading takes a long time. Isn't there something more instant?

Well played VODE. Well played!