CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

They even somehow gave us a broken h3 and idk how they managed that because....what other h3 was there to give us?

well halo online (the russian version) used the h3 engine iirc... coulda been in the works before mcc

also @@Antidope, it would be cool if they backwards compatible'd halo ce and 2. at least on fake lan it might have some niche uses.  

well halo online (the russian version) used the h3 engine iirc... coulda been in the works before mcc

also @@Antidope, it would be cool if they backwards compatible'd halo ce and 2. at least on fake lan it might have some niche uses.  

They really should as an apology for this BS. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never had the "Downloading the latest matchmaking data." issue until H5 came out.  Now it's happening every time I log in.

Usualy I just leave that screen up for a few minutes and it goes away, but I can definitely see why this ticked people off.

I never had the "Downloading the latest matchmaking data." issue until H5 came out.  Now it's happening every time I log in.

Usualy I just leave that screen up for a few minutes and it goes away, but I can definitely see why this ticked people off.

If you wait about 10-15 seconds, cancel it, then go back into Find Game, it goes away for me every time. Not sure if that works for everyone though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Searched 3s again tonight. Matched tons of teams of four. Our random fourth always did the worst, even the games we won lol. 

343 lied about fair matchmaking. If you plan on getting anywhere near the top in the champion division in arena, you're forced to search 4s... 

343 please add party restrictions! I even matched neighbor and his to4 when i searched 3s and our random was afk then quit the game. I messaged neighbor saying "wow what do you know, search 4s and you get free wins!" So ironic.

EDIT: Yea i thought i posted this in H5, not MCC. Kinda made this post awkward lol.

Without party restrictions and Halo 2 going back to a separate hardcore playlist i don't see myself ever playing this again. I always get down when I think about what this game could have been.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a comprehensive post that shows why MCC CE (and CEA as well if possible) is actually the PC version? My forum search-fu has failed me and I've got an argument to win.

Jackal shields in campaign don't change color when getting damaged on PC and MCC. On OG they turn red.

Prisoner MP map has color indicators on red and blue side on PC and MCC. On OG it does not.

Hang em high trench (bottom mid) has no lip on PC and MCC. On OG it does.

Chill out broken bridge teleporter position is different from PC/MCC to OG. So is the texture of the teleporter send node.

Just a few ones, the easiest ones to test for yourself, there are lots more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it safe to say that the population for H5 peaked on launch day?

I've been able to find good matches quickly in the CE playlist for the last two nights. Crisis averted I guess?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No skate. rip the dream :salt:

I am not happy. Skate is the only reason I still have a 360. I just hope Project Session doesn't turn out to be vaporware.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shadowrun and Reach. Those will both get more time on my Xbone that MCC ever could.

I'm down for customs when Reach comes back.

I want to play Anniversary Classic on Halo 2 forge maps but set up with Halo CE weapons/powerups in static timers.

Or just whatever anyone is down for.

How did the Reach/CE anniversary work again?

Like how would that work in backwards compatibility?

Do I need to buy the dlc and download on xbox 1 or does it just download all dlc from the game with it?

confused/10

How did the Reach/CE anniversary work again?

Like how would that work in backwards compatibility?

Do I need to buy the dlc and download on xbox 1 or does it just download all dlc from the game with it?

confused/10

Well it's a gametype and a map pack.

Gotta get the DLC for the maps. You can play the gametype without the maps though. I can't give exact details in the differences but it's pretty decent. About half of my Reach games were in that playlist. Which is saying something because it came out a year into Reach release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Feels good that Halo 3 snipers consistenly gets picked, but the game still crashes on map loading for me. Going on a year since release and this shit still happens.