CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I love CE but I have to be in the right mindset to play it.

I do like the 4v4 playlist, it's mindless shooting and I have yet to play anyone who seems to know what they are doing.

I have a feeling that H5 will have the same popularity as H4.  It will start out well but have a very fast fall once the new COD comes out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

oh let me stop playing mcc because the pros did...

if you had the option to you'd be playing it

• Downvote (-1) 1

Debating on what kind of weird ceremony i'll do when i delete this POS for good. Pentagram's on the floor?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Debating on what kind of weird ceremony i'll do when i delete this POS for good. Pentagram's on the floor?

If you've got a physical copy, mail it to Bonnie Ross with a free sample of manure included.

I'd like to remind y'all that MCC is still broken. Whack hit registration, sparse dedicated servers, unfair matchmaking.

Only the nostalgia freaks are going to stick with it.

I'm one of them, having bought the game, the system, and the online subscription almost (MCC as a whole looked to be great value) solely under the promise of Halo 1 online. But having Halo 1 as one of my favorite games of all time, and being able to see just HOW bad MCC's port of it is, I'm probably done too barring a miracle patch.

Since I'm never buying a Microsoft-published game again unless they release a pitch-perfect port of Perfect Dark or Halo 1, or a new faithful entry in the Project Gotham Racing series, it'll probably be either Battlefront or Xenoblade Chronicles X (subject to reviews) for me this winter...

But how will you scratch your CE itch?

Despite MCC's flaws, I can't see myself letting go of CE online for awhile yet. I live in Montreal and as far as I know there's no OG LAN scene here. For me, it's either MCC or PC, and MCC's netcode is better.

Don't get me wrong, I'll never forgive them for missing the opportunity to make a great port, but it's still a better game at its core than anything else out there.

MCC will forever remain on my xbox

Same. The campaign is about as good as it probably will get, it runs decent, with the fifteen or so achievements having a bugged registry.

I have the faintest optimism that Halo 5 could bolster MCC's population even for a short while. Knowing the consumer behavior, though, probably very brief...

Same. The campaign is about as good as it probably will get, it runs decent, with the fifteen or so achievements having a bugged registry.

I have the faintest optimism that Halo 5 could bolster MCC's population even for a short while. Knowing the consumer behavior, though, probably very brief...

I kind of figured the exact opposite. lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

But how will you scratch your CE itch?

It's only one of my favorite games. I've got my Perfect Dark cart still plugged in, and I'm getting the itch. Maybe for Elder Scrolls Oblivion too...

For me, it's either MCC or PC, and MCC's netcode is better.

Barely.

54281658.jpg

doa.jpg

Is there something going on with MCC tonight? HCE playlist I can't find any games...im a lvl 12, H2 I can't find anything. H4 I find a game...but it's laggy as hell, skipping all over the place.

Is there something going on with MCC tonight? HCE playlist I can't find any games...im a lvl 12, H2 I can't find anything. H4 I find a game...but it's laggy as hell, skipping all over the place.

I've found games in HCE 4v4 and Team Snipers, Snipers game was in H4 and it was stuttering and lagging for a good chunk of the time. Not huge, noticeable lag spikes, just stuttering that was super annoying.

Really sad this game is pretty much dead on Tuesday for majority of the community. There'll be the die-hards and try-hards but its gonna tank in population within the next two weeks

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really sad this game is pretty much dead on Tuesday for majority of the community. There'll be the die-hards and try-hards but its gonna tank in population within the next two weeks

I agree not only because H5 but all the new games that are coming also

Yeah MCC is pretty much done.  Hopefully some population remains or rebuilds a while after H5 release, I always enjoy going back and playing the classics.

I'm a level 10 in H1 and I get matched up with 1s. Is the population that low?

Actually was #6 on top 10 games few days ago. Shitty ranking system more like

I was searching Team hardcore with a party of 4, all of us under level 20, and we matched 3 50's and a 48 that WERE NOT in a party together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Microsoft/343 was smart, they would've gotten MCC right or gotten it working, and used it as a an evergreen title - encourage the community to keep playing it and sustain positive buzz to bring in new players. New players = more $.

Unfortunately, they prefer the quick buck, and I don't blame them. MCC was all the proof they needed that you can get away with flat-out, bold-faced, lies.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just played H2A for the first time on US connection. Never playing H2A again. The connection advantage is unbelievable. My god.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might play Mcc on Monday before Halo 5 drops just to keep the Halo hype going if i can get games 

tried to play tonight and found 0 games after 1 hour and 3 hard resets and 7 qtbs so done with Mcc 

But not going to delete it or anything its a a Halo game i can play if servers are down for Halo 5

Might play Mcc on Monday before Halo 5 drops just to keep the Halo hype going if i can get games

tried to play tonight and found 0 games after 1 hour and 3 hard resets and 7 qtbs so done with Mcc

But not going to delete it or anything its a a Halo game i can play if servers are down for Halo 5

Hmm I've been playing all night with only the typical disconnect every once in a while. You should find games.