CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

On that note, I find it great when people who don't play CE start talking about the game in twitch chat and everyone starts shooting info at them. Gets people hooked. Contrary to how things were before MCC, the game is accessible now and people are actually showing interest. It's immediately obvious to new players/viewers that there's a massive skill gap that isn't present in the sequels. That 2v2 playlist will make or break new players, though. Sure it's brutal, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's a grind that inevitably makes players better, since anyone matching rank 15 or higher needs to at least have some basic knowledge of the meta game to compete.

Unpopular opinion: the ranking system works in the 2v2 playlist. I'm having trouble breaching rank 15 and I feel like it's directly related to my skill and not because I haven't logged x amount of hours/games. Of course, it isn't perfect and there are some players who magically made it to higher ranks while playing like shit, but for the most part I'm matching players relatively close to my skill level. It's a blast.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Tuesday this game becomes an afterthought and support likely dies with it. Part of me wishes that this game never came out, it really put a sour end to what has been a fantastic run of gaming experiences for me, and a poor way to end it being that this is probably the last Halo game I will ever buy.

I wanted to learn CE but I dont even know if my hearts going to be in it, it may just be time to give up on Halo in general I'm already too old as it is.

It was a nice run though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tuesday this game becomes an afterthought and support likely dies with it. Part of me wishes that this game never came out, it really put a sour end to what has been a fantastic run of gaming experiences for me, and a poor way to end it being that this is probably the last Halo game I will ever buy.

I wanted to learn CE but I dont even know if my hearts going to be in it, it may just be time to give up on Halo in general I'm already too old as it is.

Buy h5.

• Downvote (-1) 2

CSAyCaoXIAEVEdd.png

And people wonder why I hate split screen with a burning passion.

Because you're dumb?

Other team had a guest place second best. The guest on your team has the fewest deaths.

On top of that you have no idea if anyone else was playing split-screen. You can sign in more than one profile on an Xbox. You would never know my wife and I play split-screen because, surprise! she has her own gamertag. And it's easier than ever in the Xbone too with unlimited free secondary accounts.

CSAyCaoXIAEVEdd.png

I dont see the problem here, both teams had splitscreen players.

• Upvote (+1) 3

oh let me stop playing mcc because the pros did...

... Lmao. I was just saying the focus has shifted over to H5, not you have to stop playing it cause of the pros...

... Lmao. I was just saying the focus has shifted over to H5, not you have to stop playing it cause of the pros...

The focus of who? ppl that play for money? halo fans? people will continue playing what they feel like playing, whether it's mcc or h5 (once it's released) and none of it will have anything to do with pros or competitive halo. Don't ever forget the size of this community and stop letting others dictate what you should or should not play.

Even with Mcc the focus was on h2a, so it doesn't change anything.

The focus of who? ppl that play for money? halo fans? people will continue playing what they feel like playing.

They won't. Most go where the newest game and the money is.

CSAyCaoXIAEVEdd.png

You hate split screen because a couple buddies were able to jump into a playlist and do well?

Blame the playlist for allowing guests, not split screen lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

#RIPMCC all pros have moved on to H5

This guy gets it:

Even with Mcc the focus was on h2a, so it doesn't change anything.

I highly doubt anyone who plays CE on the regular will be jumping ship.

So my CE MCC experience will likely stay the same:

"Slightly frustrating but still leaps and bounds ahead of anything else that came out in the last 15 years in terms of skill gap and meta game"

it's not only CE. The die hard H2 and H3 fans will probably continue playing MCC for their fix.

It's mostly only kids who plan on going pro who are going to be leaving MCC for H5.

lmao 90-18 in Hang Em High CTF..... Still lost.... I tried to get caps man I really did :'(

The focus of who? ppl that play for money? halo fans? people will continue playing what they feel like playing, whether it's mcc or h5 (once it's released) and none of it will have anything to do with pros or competitive halo. Don't ever forget the size of this community and stop letting others dictate what you should or should not play.

I think you overreacted to my original statement. I was just simply saying the pros will focus on H5 because they are going to want to perform well to win tournaments. I was not speaking for you, or any halo fans who wish to continue playing MCC.

Edit: Also I'm not telling anybody what they should play or not. Not one bit. Not sure where you got that from.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's mostly only kids who plan on going pro who are going to be leaving MCC for H5.

Or people who want to play a working game on dedicated servers.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Or people who want to play a working game on dedicated servers.

If the games not good what does it matter?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to remind y'all that MCC is still broken. Whack hit registration, sparse dedicated servers, unfair matchmaking.

Only the nostalgia freaks are going to stick with it.

I'm one of them, having bought the game, the system, and the online subscription almost (MCC as a whole looked to be great value) solely under the promise of Halo 1 online. But having Halo 1 as one of my favorite games of all time, and being able to see just HOW bad MCC's port of it is, I'm probably done too barring a miracle patch.

Since I'm never buying a Microsoft-published game again unless they release a pitch-perfect port of Perfect Dark or Halo 1, or a new faithful entry in the Project Gotham Racing series, it'll probably be either Battlefront or Xenoblade Chronicles X (subject to reviews) for me this winter...