CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Whoa.... 1-50 is trash? It may not be perfect but its better than the whole tier/resetting month thing.

If this is anything like Reach's at a certain point it just rewards the people who play a ton. It was crazy that I basically had to commit to playing Arena X amount in a certain time frame because if I didn't I'd have to start from Square one again.

Seasons and the limited amount of spots in a rank are crazy. I once didn't play Arena for like ten days cause I left town and literally saw my rank just slide. Didn't do anything but not play the game.

I don't think every playlist resets. Or they all don't all reset that frequently. That's the way Josh worded it on twitter.

I don't think every playlist resets. Or they all don't all reset that frequently. That's the way Josh worded it on twitter.

I would guess team arena for sure. And possibly breakout. I still wish it was closer to a 3 month range.

I agree this is much better than a 1-50

I would guess team arena for sure. And possibly breakout. I still wish it was closer to a 3 month range.

I agree this is much better than a 1-50

Yea the HCS playlist is a given. 3 months would be so much better forreal. I'll even say 6 months so twice a year. It's too frequent to play every playlist. You'll pretty much have to focus on one playlist a month. Exactly, still better than a 1-50.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Whoa.... 1-50 is trash? It may not be perfect but its better than the whole tier/resetting month thing.

If this is anything like Reach's at a certain point it just rewards the people who play a ton. It was crazy that I basically had to commit to playing Arena X amount in a certain time frame because if I didn't I'd have to start from Square one again.

Seasons and the limited amount of spots in a rank are crazy. I once didn't play Arena for like ten days cause I left town and literally saw my rank just slide. Didn't do anything but not play the game.

Tier ranking is much much better than 1-50. No two 50's are alike....but in h5 you get placed in gold 1 or gold 2 depending on how good you are, that's much better....

The only issue with h5's ranking system is that it will be resetting too quickly. It's provides a better understanding of where you are as a player than 1-50 ever did.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tier ranking is much much better than 1-50. No two 50's are alike....but in h5 you get placed in gold 1 or gold 2 depending on how good you are, that's much better....

The only issue with h5's ranking system is that it will be resetting too quickly. It's provides a better understanding of where you are as a player than 1-50 ever did.

I dont disagree with what you say.

But I personally have the fear that there will be a huge skillgap in the Diamond section. I feel like its pretty easy to get for everyone decent, since you pretty much just have to make your first 10 games smart.

Diamond is the highest rank for everyone that doesnt grind X amount of matches every day. Very good players fall out of Onyx for simply not playing as much and having breaks of a few days.

I dont disagree with what you say.

But I personally have the fear that there will be a huge skillgap in the Diamond section. I feel like its pretty easy to get for everyone decent, since you pretty much just have to make your first 10 games smart.

Diamond is the highest rank for everyone that doesnt grind X amount of matches every day. Very good players fall out of Onyx for simply not playing as much and having breaks of a few days.

Having a huge skill gap is exactly what we need from a rank system, it should be extremely difficult to get to the highest ranks. Also, the bolded...Isn't that how every tier based system works though? If you have the lowest rank in Onyx, but rarely play, shouldn't the guy below you that is grinding earn that spot?

1. Having a huge skill gap is exactly what we need from a rank system,

2. it should be extremely difficult to get to the highest ranks.

3. Also, the bolded...Isn't that how every tier based system works though? If you have the lowest rank in Onyx, but rarely play, shouldn't the guy below you that is grinding earn that spot?

1. Agree, but it should be overall and not just on one rank (Diamond, 50). I mean, I feel like Diamond is basically the new level 50. There will be absolute top players (that dont play as much) and guys that are half decent.

2. Yes, I just dont like the idea of losing my rank for being offline or playing something else.

3. I think so. The question is, does that guy deserve my spot? Even when I am better than him but have less time to play?

I am just skeptical about the new ranking system, but I will try it first and then decide to complain about it or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You won't ever lose diamond from not playing. Only Champion and possibly onyx (don't know if that is confirmed).

Also, diamond 6 isn't the new 50 because you can still rank higher. And placement matches do take into account some skill I believe, so even a lucky scrub won't get placed that high.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the last couple of days have been the first time I've really played more than a couple games since about August. It seems like the H2C shot registration has gotten significantly worse...is this legit or just in my head? Or maybe I just don't remember how bad it was before lol?

Anyone else having a problem since the new update where they can't play because they constantly have the game jump between black screening and watching everyone walk into walls?

Does it work yet?

If you want to play solo past level 20 and match nothing but constant teams of 4 50s, then absolutely.

It works, you just need a team of 4. Once you have a team though, you don't have to worry too much. Most 50s in this game are pretty much cakewalk because half of them got it by just beating level 20s for a month straight and dodging.

I think I'm pretty much done with MCC at this point though. Every time I get on I just get mad/salty because people are still host booting and shit like that. I have better things to do with my time.

If Halo 5 is anything like MCC, I will never touch Halo again in my life as long as 343 develops it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It would be a bad idea for only some to reset imo, they should keep them all consistent and reset at the same time.

It would be a bad idea for only some to reset imo, they should keep them all consistent and reset at the same time.

Maybe some don't reset? I don't know I wish they were more specific. But yes resetting all of them at the same time would be ideal, but once a month is what they should change. Make them all reset at 3-6 months. Give some incentive to actually play more than one playlist
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Having a huge skill gap is exactly what we need from a rank system, it should be extremely difficult to get to the highest ranks. Also, the bolded...Isn't that how every tier based system works though? If you have the lowest rank in Onyx, but rarely play, shouldn't the guy below you that is grinding earn that spot?

Theoretically yes. But I believe the argument is more for people who play a decent amount but not 8 to 10 hours a day. They may be better than those who grind heavy and replace them in onyx from just playing more. I don't necessarily disagree because I feel people should be rewarded for grinding but I can see how the skill gap in diamond could possibly be a little wacky because of it. Potentially you can be facing regular onyx players who just fall out every couple of days or so due to work/school but then again the same problem will exist in all ranks so its not really a problem imo also.

Hell no. I shouldn't be penalized for not having as much time to play as the next man. That's crazy.

Hell no. I shouldn't be penalized for not having as much time to play as the next man. That's crazy.

You aren't penalized. Think of Diamond 6(?) as a 50. Everything above that is just fighting for a higher number next to your name. Those are the ranks that people who grind go for. Other people go for the highest actual rank.

Is there a reason why I keep coming across betrayers in the Halo CE 4v4 playlist?

Because so many kids suck at it. So in order to have fun they go for the people that don't fight back.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I got a chance to check out the inside of Batchford's backpack in the 4v4 playlist today. Roomy as all get out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. It's called a jump button. Use it. If you can't kill those rocket flood then you are terrible at the game and need to stop blaming your own shortcomings on the level designers.

2. I guess Halo is a copy-paste job as well. Open grasslands with high ground in the center! Copy-paste!

3. A good idea only gets boring if it's executed poorly in later instances. If anything in CE was as boring as you say it is, the game wouldn't still be as played as it is after 14 years. Again, go play something else. It's not to your taste. Fucking accept that.

4. Knowing what you're talking about isn't really your thing, is it?

Mods, if you don't like this, you can move it (or delete it). I know you love directing forum traffic and feeling like big and powerful internet police, but talking about other Halo games in the Halo 5 thread isn't going to shut down the internet. It's not like we're talking about bestiality. There's nothing to discuss about Halo 5 right now, it's just waiting out the clock until the streams start.

I obviously killed them and went on to clear the level, but no thanks to fair game design. There are pillars and walls all over the bridge that the create splash damage for the rockets, jumping won't help if the AI hits anywhere beside you (because the rockets in CE are very fast, if that wasn't clear). Its just poor design.

A good idea can easily get boring if you don't expand on it. Corridors and the like aren't exactly something I like to repeat over and over again personally. People rewatch The Phantom Menace to this day but it doesn't speak to its quality whatsoever. People latch onto what they grew up with and in a lot of instances (*cough* right now *cough*) can't see through their own nostalgia to properly critique it. And for what its worth, I also think the level Halo hasn't aged very well either, but I won't get into that.