CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

@@Bravo, H1 4v4 needs the following changes to be a truly excellent playlist:

10 second respawn in ALL objective games.  King plays like a total clusterfuck with 5 second respawns.

Ball and King absolutely need 5 minutes to win.  It doesn't even feel like a real game, playing to 2 minutes.  People are just getting acclimated, and its over.

CTF on Wizard, Longest, and Derelict need to be 5 caps to win.  These maps are too small to play to only 3, and often full control will yield multiple caps.

I'm not certain if it's on or not, but Flag At Home To Score should be enabled on all these small maps.

I haven't played CTF Wizard yet, but I assume its not pistols only, and there are 2 rockets top mid.  It needs to be pistols only to be any fun.  Someone please let me know if this is already the case, and I'll remove this request.

Ball on Damnation should be removed.  If the Ball is played, it takes 30 seconds to respawn.  Massive cheese potential.  Just replace with MLG's Reverse Tag (2 "Balls", 10 minutes to win, Move Slower as "It").

All the Team Snipers gametypes should just be in Team Snipers.  This is redundant, currently.

Rat Race CTF and King should be considered, if they are not currently in.  Very underrated gametypes.

If it's possible, I believe 4v4 TS should be played to 100.  I know it wasn't possible on the Xbox, but I'm not sure if this Halo PC port allows it.  If it does, maps like Hang Em High, Chill Out, and Derelict would greatly benefit from a score limit increase.

Agree with all this. KoTH with 5 second respawns is awful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I don't think the gametype is randomized in a tie. A few friends and I are playing, and we always wait until the last second to vote, and every time we've tied we've won the randomization, and the gametype we choose is the last one to tie.

Has anyone been the last to vote and not win the randomization that they noticed?

EDIT: Just happened again, but against us this time. Someone else voted for Halo 4 last and they tied, and we're now playing Halo 4 snipers.

So I don't think the gametype is randomized in a tie. A few friends and I are playing, and we always wait until the last second to vote, and every time we've tied we've won the randomization, and the gametype we choose is the last one to tie.

Has anyone been the last to vote and not win the randomization that they noticed?

EDIT: Just happened again, but against us this time. Someone else voted for Halo 4 last and they tied, and we're now playing Halo 4 snipers.

It's been the opposite for me. If it's 4 to 4, for instance, the map that GT to 4 votes fastest has won every time.

It's been the opposite for me. If it's 4 to 4, for instance, the map that GT to 4 votes fastest has won every time.

Yeah, your way just happened to me. It's definitely random.

Voted HeH CTF as red team. Still won. Needs ranks.

There is a bit of tradeoff.  It's a lot easier for Red to get their sniper, and most of Blue's spawns are vulnerable to their sniper.  If you're on Red you can easily and safely nade your hut sniper to yourself, and you can have a sniper pretty much every life.  If Red team has everyone doing that, anyone that dies on Blue will probably die at least one additional time every time he goes down.

Blue just gets better overwatch, easier camo, and can cap safely from behind their tower...

Has anyone made a comparison between Halo 3 360 & Halo 3 MCC. I would love to see the difference in bullet spread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good game of CTF @

Way to capture.

Haha, it was fun. I appreciate your sniping.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one who hates Amp slayer and Onslaught CTF? Literally enjoy every map and gametype in Hardcore except those two. It also sucks when those options get picked over good H2 gametypes just because its H3. I like 2 & 3 equally though.

Just want to apologise to every Beyond member who I have matched in the 4v4 H1 playlist. Hope your butt has stopped stinging.  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've played Prisoner KoTH 4 times in a row now. What the hell is this playlist man?

These obj games suck. 2 minutes is not enough time for anything. Plus every game is horribly unbalanced. Oh and quitters galore.

Yet this is still the most fun I have had on MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chill Out is overrated and Derelict is the best CE map.

Bring the hate.

I think Damnation is over-rated and Rat Race is under-rated.

Agree with all this. KoTH with 5 second respawns is awful.

KotH with five second spawns and people having full grenades from spawn is the bigger problem :bman:.

The AOTC Bridge Drop is incredibly hard with the MCC version, and I really do not like the strange downgrades Halo PC had in graphics so switching to classic felt a bit gloomy compared to the OG Xbox version's graphics...

Played the 4v4 playlist for the first time last night, without reading any other responses I'm going to assume everyone wants King at 10 seconds as it should be.  Also lanned yesterday before trying the playlist.  There is nothing more disappointing than going to MCC directly after playing original.  It's like playing 2 unrelated games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm lanning h3 on 360 next weekend, I'm going to feel like a god after playing mcc on us host and broken br :halo:.

Which CE timer does everyone use?/Which is the best?

"Timer for Halo 1" by c-walk is the best on android.  I think it costs $1 but is by far easiest and simplest design.

• Upvote (+1) 1